• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Ushio & Tora TV Anime Confirms Split Season Plans, More Cast

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Stark700

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2015 2:30 pm Reply with quote
Hmm, I think this would be for the best. A break between seasons could give them more time to enhance the quality of the series.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Somer-_-

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2015 2:44 pm Reply with quote
I haven't read it but adapting 33 volumes into 39 episodes seems like a tough job. Will they have to drop some material?
Hameyadea

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2015 3:00 pm Reply with quote
So 1st run from July to December, with the 2nd run from April to June... I had a feeling it would get the split-cour treatment. I'm somewhat disappointed that they chose to go with a 2-1 cours arrangement. I was hoping for a more Durarara!! x2 thing of 1-1-1 cours. Anime catgrin + sweatdrop

Somer-_- wrote:
I haven't read it but adapting 33 volumes into 39 episodes seems like a tough job. Will they have to drop some material?

Niether did I, but I think it likely to be the case here. I suspect that this adaptation will sacrifice what is considered as "unimportant SoL moments and petty fights", and will choose to focus on the bigger moments. Else, it will probably feel disjointed.
malvarez1

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2015 3:18 pm Reply with quote
Hmm. I really don't think its possible to do everything in less then 51 episodes; I'm assuming they'll cut out some of the "monster of the week" stuff, and some of the slice of life moments - thing is, some of those scenes are the best in the whole series (the fake wedding chapter is amazing - people who read the manga will know what I mean!)
MarshalBanana

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2015 3:47 pm Reply with quote
Somer-_- wrote:

They may not plan to adapt all of it, maybe stop after a certain arc.
Hameyadea

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2015 3:49 pm Reply with quote
MarshalBanana wrote:
Somer-_- wrote:

They may not plan to adapt all of it, maybe stop after a certain arc.

This
ANN wrote:
The anime's final episode will coincide with the manga's final battle.
Majin Tenshi

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2015 4:57 pm Reply with quote
Stark700 wrote:
Hmm, I think this would be for the best. A break between seasons could give them more time to enhance the quality of the series.

Agreed ! That's better that over killing the show with fillers. I hope that Sentai (or anyone) will license it.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1