• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Dragon Ball Super's Extended Commercial Introduces New Characters

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Marcos---

PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2015 12:13 pm Reply with quote
Where's a time machine when we need it?
MajinAkuma

PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2015 2:33 pm Reply with quote
Marcos--- wrote:
Where's a time machine when we need it?

Who needs time machines if you can have a Scroll of Eternity?^^
Hameyadea

PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2015 2:48 pm Reply with quote
The microphone is making noises at the 0:21 mark. They are such amateurs, these Toei folks Laughing
IceSushi

PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2015 3:04 pm Reply with quote
Hameyadea wrote:
The microphone is making noises at the 0:21 mark. They are such amateurs, these Toei folks Laughing

You do know that this was recorded directly on a TV screen with a camera do you? Laughing
Mr. Oshawott

PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2015 3:09 pm Reply with quote
I'm having an ominous feeling that Toei may be pushing Masako Nozawa to her limit by making her pull triple duty playing as Gohan and Goten as well as her main persona, Goku...
MajinAkuma

PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2015 3:35 pm Reply with quote
Mr. Oshawott wrote:
I'm having an ominous feeling that Toei may be pushing Masako Nozawa to her limit by making her pull triple duty playing as Gohan and Goten as well as her main persona, Goku...

I don't think so. She's doing that for years with the video games. The main difference is that she's now voicing them on a weekly basis now, but DBZ games are produced every year anyway, so she's already used to it (well, I hope so). She's was already older than her late husband Masaaki Tsukada (Yamamoto-Genryusai), but I assume that Toei would check her health first before starting a new series.
Hameyadea

PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2015 3:41 pm Reply with quote
MajinAkuma wrote:
Mr. Oshawott wrote:

I don't think so. She's doing that for years with the video games. The main difference is that she's now voicing them on a weekly basis now, but DBZ games are produced every year anyway, so she's already used to it (well, I hope so). She's was already older than her late husband Masaaki Tsukada (Yamamoto-Genryusai), but I assume that Toei would check her health first before starting a new series.

Mentally she might be fine, but she is 78-years-old now; her throat and vocal cords might have trouble keeping up with the increased workload of having to voice multiple characters with high-pinch voices on a weekly basis.
Sanyo

PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2015 3:41 pm Reply with quote
IceSushi wrote:
Hameyadea wrote:

You do know that this was recorded directly on a TV screen with a camera do you? Laughing
I thought they use game capture devices like elgato to record anime and commercials airing in Japan.
penguintruth

PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2015 3:42 pm Reply with quote
Mr. Oshawott wrote:

MajinAkuma wrote:

Hameyadea wrote:

Mentally she might be fine, but she is 78-years-old now; her throat and vocal cords might have trouble keeping up with the increased workload of having to voice multiple characters with high-pinch voices on a weekly basis.

Granted, Nozawa hasn't been at her peak in years, but she still knows how to deliver.

Greatest obaachan ever.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
Mr. Oshawott

PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2015 4:37 pm Reply with quote
^
For the record, I'm not at all saying that she can't play as more than one or two characters; more power to Ms. Nozawa-san if she's okay with the extra workload. Smile I just hope Toei is really careful with this decision.
Hameyadea

PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2015 4:44 pm Reply with quote
By mentally I mean that she is ready and prepared to do the job, but her cords might not be.

Shoulda worded it differently Embarassed
MajinAkuma

PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2015 5:33 pm Reply with quote
Mr. Oshawott wrote:
^
For the record, I'm not at all saying that she can't play as more than one or two characters; more power to Ms. Nozawa-san if she's okay with the extra workload. Smile I just hope Toei is really careful with this decision.

Considering that's still Dragon Ball, there are probably a lot of times where Goku is absent. Very Happy I think Gohan's voice would be the less stressful to her, as his adult voice is rather smooth and more quiet compared to Goku's.
Covnam

PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2015 11:57 pm Reply with quote
DBZ Battle of Gods takes place a few years after the ending, so is that just being put aside? Just curious if anyone has read anything about how that fits in.
Spotlesseden

PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2015 1:49 am Reply with quote
what's with the fat evil rabbit
Mr. Oshawott

PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2015 6:25 am Reply with quote
^
Perhaps that stocky rabbit is related to Beerus somehow?
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2