• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Kodocha Manga Gets New One-Shot 17 Years After Ending

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Wrial Huden

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2015 12:49 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
...Funimation released the first half of the television anime.

Wonderful! Now if only the second half got a release. Or better yet, a rescue with the first opening restored with song AND a full commitment from whichever company does the rescue to release the entire series!
Animegomaniac

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2015 1:30 pm Reply with quote
Wrial Huden wrote:
Quote:
...Funimation released the first half of the television anime.

Wonderful! Now if only the second half got a release. Or better yet, a rescue with the first opening restored with song AND a full commitment from whichever company does the rescue to release the entire series!

It is pretty funny Super Girls got a sub only second season release as a finisher while Kodocha didn't.

On the other hand, I read the Kodocha manga and watched the dubbed second season afterwards; I loved one and hated the other but I'll leave it to you to guess which. And it's not the one where her father turned out to be this decent kind of guy. I forgot how dark that series got at times.

But a 17 year later one shot chapter of Kodocha? I'd think it'd be really awesome if it was staged 17 years later. Sana was 12 and you'd want her daughter to be 12 just to do the classic fake out so she'd have to be around 17 when she....

Weird how numbers work, huh?

That other series sounds more than a little Munsters.
GATSU

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2015 2:21 pm Reply with quote
Wrial:
Quote:
Wonderful! Now if only the second half got a release.

If people paid for it, instead of saying they would, while pirating it, instead, then maybe it would happen.
mohamedshawqi

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2015 2:39 pm Reply with quote
This is not the first one shot released by Obana after Kodocha had ended. 'Deep Clear' was a one shot released in 2009 which is set 10 years after Kodocha had ended. This one shot combines both Kodocha and Honey Bitter (another title by Miho Obana) and spoiler[portrays Sana and Akito after their marriage ]
grooven

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2015 7:15 pm Reply with quote
I love kodocha, looking forward to this Smile
CrownKlown

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2015 8:02 pm Reply with quote
GATSU wrote:
Wrial:
Quote:
Wonderful! Now if only the second half got a release.

If people paid for it, instead of saying they would, while pirating it, instead, then maybe it would happen.

Last time I checked I had all the singles, and the rereleases thinpak sets, so I don't know what your point is.

Its even more absurd when you considered that Kodocha is probably nowhere near the top in terms of pirated anime, while some of those works are released in their entirety and this isn't.
mangamuscle

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2015 9:31 pm Reply with quote
If my memory is not bit rotted, the second half of kodocha is mostly fillers (that make Naruto fillers look good in comparision), this series would have benefited of split cours to wait for new manga chapters to be written.
holanio

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2015 1:22 pm Reply with quote
Ohh!! I love Kodocha!! I'm excited for that one-shot and also for Hime-chan no Ribon. That was a cute series.
annasartin

PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2017 7:07 pm Reply with quote
Did this ever get translated?
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1