• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Digital Manga Inc. Announces DMG Payment Restructuring, Updated Release Schedule

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
configspace

PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2015 5:43 am Reply with quote
Fantastic that they're releasing more uncensored titles. And a big thanks for their new policy of turning down anything that can't be released in full. That's an unexpectedly principled approach.
zawa113

PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2015 5:57 am Reply with quote
But alas, I don't see Itazura na Kiss 11 or 12 listed.... damn.... soon, hopefully, soon
Utsuro no Hako

PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2015 9:49 am Reply with quote
classicalzawa wrote:
But alas, I don't see Itazura na Kiss 11 or 12 listed.... damn.... soon, hopefully, soon

There are several series they seem to have dropped without saying anything -- Takasugi-san's Obento, Aoi Hana, Aria of the Scarlet Ammo. Between that and their horrible formatting for digital releases, I'm through with buying anything from the company.
TsukasaElkKite

PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2015 11:33 am Reply with quote
Quote:
Finally, the company announced plans to release more Yuri titles, but it did not reveal any titles or release dates.

YESSSSSSSSSSS
DangerMouse

PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2015 1:25 pm Reply with quote
configspace wrote:
Fantastic that they're releasing more uncensored titles. And a big thanks for their new policy of turning down anything that can't be released in full. That's an unexpectedly principled approach.

Yeah, it's great.
stevek504

PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2015 11:34 pm Reply with quote
Utsuro no Hako wrote:
There are several series they seem to have dropped without saying anything -- Takasugi-san's Obento, Aoi Hana, Aria of the Scarlet Ammo. Between that and their horrible formatting for digital releases, I'm through with buying anything from the company.

I am unhappy about the pace, and I am not sure if they are releasing anything else this year that I would want to purchase (based on this announcement), However, if they release more of the titles you mentioned, I would purchase them. In print and digital.

I just cannot afford the shipping cost for these books from Japan right now; or the time to do a brute force attack that I would have to make on translating them. It would never get done. I still haven't touched the 22 volumes of The Story of Saiunkoku I purchased a while back Sad
fuuma_monou

PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2015 1:15 am Reply with quote
Yay on the yuri tiles.

I'm a little concerned that new Project-H books seem to be out of stock or not available for order at Amazon and RIght Stuf. Tried ordering directly, but my credit card was rejected by their AVS, something about non-matching addresses.
configspace

PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2015 3:14 am Reply with quote
fuuma_monou wrote:
Yay on the yuri tiles.

I'm a little concerned that new Project-H books seem to be out of stock or not available for order at Amazon and RIght Stuf. Tried ordering directly, but my credit card was rejected by their AVS, something about non-matching addresses.

Have you tried Rightstuf recently? They revamped their site and changed the rules for overseas orders to make it easier for foreign buyers. You can also call them up or email them directly for any issues (which is an advantage over Amazon)
fuuma_monou

PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2015 3:24 am Reply with quote
configspace wrote:
Have you tried Rightstuf recently? They revamped their site and changed the rules for overseas orders to make it easier for foreign buyers. You can also call them up or email them directly for any issues (which is an advantage over Amazon)

Clarification: Some Project-H books that I want are listed as out of stock or unavailable on both Amazon and Right Stuf. No shipping restrictions mentioned. I've been a regular customer of both e-tailers.

Trying to order directly from Project-H is where I get the address verification problem, probably because it only works for U.S./Canadian credit cards, and maybe some other countries.
bronakopdin

PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2015 5:46 am Reply with quote
only days ago I also got notice from amazon that another Yoneda Kou Manga will be delayed from this month to January 2016...
so the list of delayed titles is not even complete...
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1