• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Japan's Animation TV Ranking, June 29-July 5 [2015-07-10]

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Primus

PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2015 7:33 pm Reply with quote
I know ratings have only gotten worse in the last five years, but to see an all new Dragon Ball debut worse than Kai's first run is still surprising.
Mr. Oshawott

PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2015 7:44 pm Reply with quote
I see that Yōkai Watch has moved up quite a bit. That PV of the third installment of the Nintendo 3DS title must've really helped.
bigivel

PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2015 7:53 pm Reply with quote
Dragon Ball Super got 1.8% more interest than the last episode of Dragon Ball Kai. This influenced One Piece, that got 0.8% more than normal. Great!

Death Note Life Action Drama got a really good ratings, 16.9%, will the books of Death Note start to sell in a significant manner again?

@Primus
Are you talking of Kai that started last year or the one that started in 2009.
The Buu Saga in 2014 started with 5.3%, so this one got 2.6% more interest.
The 2009 was already 6 years ago, at that time there was no Dragon Ball for around 12 years. So it really caught a new generation. This didn't do that, because even with the advertisement saying the opposite, just last week people were watching Dragon Ball.

A funny thing is that One Piece ratings were the exact same for both the beginning of Kai and Super, 9.9%

Now Dragon Ball Super can still grow and grow even more in ratings.
bigivel

PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2015 7:55 pm Reply with quote
Mr. Oshawott wrote:
I see that Yōkai Watch has moved up quite a bit. That PV of the third installment of the Nintendo 3DS title must've really helped.

It got 1.2% less than last week!
Ryoto

PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2015 8:07 pm Reply with quote
I really dont know why Death Note got 16,9%. I have seen it and I would tell them one thing. Change actors, change director and just do it again or dont do it... I was so hyped for it, and I was so dissapointed...
KH91

PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2015 8:49 pm Reply with quote
We all expected an increase with Super's rating, but this still feels a bit low obviously. Pocket Monsters again? I am so proud. Anime cry Keep it up.
Minimimiau

PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2015 8:53 pm Reply with quote
O.o One piece in second place. The first time I see tha anime in that place. But Yet, is not a sorprise, indeed.
Jex2193

PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2015 10:51 pm Reply with quote
Part of the reason why all these anime are up higher than usual could be because Conan didn't air last week Razz
Araki

PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2015 12:44 am Reply with quote
Jex2193 wrote:
Part of the reason why all these anime are up higher than usual could be because Conan didn't air last week Razz

Conan isn't doing always that good lately, with Ultimate Otaku Teacher flopping as its lead in. Sometimes it's getting 6. something..

Primus wrote:
I know ratings have only gotten worse in the last five years, but to see an all new Dragon Ball debut worse than Kai's first run is still surprising.

You can't compare a current episode with an episode that aired six years ago, when ratings were higher. Just check out how Sazae-san was doing in 2009 and how much it dropped ever since.

Compared to Kai 2.0 there was a substantial improvement right off the bat, and DB Super gave One Piece a huge boost too.
Lemonchest

PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2015 1:43 am Reply with quote
Shawn the Sheep! At least Japanese kids have good taste. Not that there's many of them left.
Sariachan

PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2015 6:48 pm Reply with quote
Minimimiau wrote:
O.o One piece in second place. The first time I see the anime in that place. But Yet, is not a sorprise, indeed.

Maybe it's also because with episode 700 it started a flashback that some consider the best in the whole manga so far, or at least one of the best. Cool
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1