• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
EP. REVIEW: Kyōkai no Rinne

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Nyaomix

PostPosted: Sun Jun 21, 2015 4:41 pm Reply with quote
Episode 11 had a lot more emotion from Sakura. More than any elongated relationship Takahashi has made the female part seems completely aware really. She`s just teasing him at this point. I like Takahashi`s work, but have never enjoyed the refusal to allow relationships to happen.

Mermaid`s forest (the series) didn`t exactly focus a lot on the Relationship between the two, but they were very much in a Relationship throughout. Probably her best example, even if the guy has to be over 800 years old.
pauladls

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2015 5:32 pm Reply with quote
kodachi are you?
zrnzle500

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2015 7:02 pm Reply with quote
I thought they established that Rinne was making the paper roses as a side job early in the series
thekingsdinner

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2015 7:43 pm Reply with quote
I loved episode 12. Might be my favorite episode so far.
What I especially liked about this episode is that Ageha in the anime is just ridiculously CUTE. Like, 10 times better than in the manga and then they went and cast Rie Murakawa do provide her voice, which only made things even better.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
JaggedAuthor

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2015 1:32 am Reply with quote
I love how Sakura was wearing Kyoko from Maison Ikkoku's trademark apron in Rokumon's version of events. Granted, she handled the situation with far more patience than Kyoko could ever bring herself to muster.
chex mix

PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2015 7:00 pm Reply with quote
zrnzle500 wrote:
I thought they established that Rinne was making the paper roses as a side job early in the series

Yeah, in like episode one or two. We haven't seen the weather box in ages, though, I'd like to see Rinne at least checking it in passing now and then. Dunno, maybe we've moved past that point.
Araki

PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2015 7:56 pm Reply with quote
A Rumiko Takahashi series quickly getting repetitive and running out of steam.
I've seen that so many times before.. Laughing
zrnzle500

PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2015 1:15 am Reply with quote
Sakura sure can rock a side ponytail.

On another point, Sakura walking in on Rinne and Ageha is becoming a frustrating dynamic. They are not just at the same place as they were 10 eps ago, they are back pedaling a bit, with Sakura distancing herself from Rinne a bit. She continues to be very dense about romantic matters as well. It's like realize your own feelings already! And Rinne's while you're at it. All that being said, Rinne and Ageha had been the only thing to get a response from the normally unfazed Sakura, even if it's just "stare...sorry for interrupting." Getting tired of this dynamic, Kyoukai no Rinne. Let's get a little more movement on the romance front. Ageha x Tsubasa would also be appreciated.
DmonHiro

PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2015 9:21 am Reply with quote
Yeah, never expected a Rumiko Takahasi series to run around in circles and recycle jokes and plot lines.

*he said with a poised look*
Zhou-BR

PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2015 11:32 am Reply with quote
I don't know, I guess there's something about Takahashi's execution of these tired rom-com tropes that somehow keeps me from getting tired and annoyed at this series like I get at, say, Nisekoi. It also helps that Ageha is truly adorable, and Rie Murakawa is doing a great job voicing her.
Hameyadea

PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2015 11:37 am Reply with quote
Episode #14:

Zhou-BR wrote:
I don't know, I guess there's something about Takahashi's execution of these tired rom-com tropes that somehow keeps me from getting tired and annoyed at this series like I get at, say, Nisekoi. It also helps that Ageha is truly adorable, and Rie Murakawa is doing a great job voicing her.

I agree. Even when the jokes and character interactions seem to have backpedaled, I still found the execution to be funny and enjoyable. Maybe I'm just liking Ise Mariya's performance as Mamiya Sakura too much? Sakura's deadpan responses are still working for me.
chex mix

PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2015 7:29 pm Reply with quote
Something about Ageha isn't working for me. Even for Takahashi, she's too aggressive and irritating. Maybe it's the bad eye makeup job?
Somer-_-

PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2015 12:11 pm Reply with quote
Ah well it was fun while it lasted. I'll ride out the rest of the series but I'm definitely not enjoying it as much as when it first started.
Kingoanime

PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2015 4:01 pm Reply with quote
I'm gonna miss these reviews I really enjoy reading what Laura has to say. I'm sad that the show is so unpopular. it's really funny, and probably better than Inuyasha in a lot of ways since it has any less girl hitting the guy comedy, and is far less bloated.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Page 5 of 5