• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Yu-Gi-Oh!: The Dark Side of Dimensions Film's Teaser Video Previews Kaiba vs. Yūgi Duel

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
KH91

PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2015 10:21 pm Reply with quote
AHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!! Please...I need confirmation on whether Takahiro Kagami is returning(which I expect).
Sahmbahdeh

PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2015 10:27 pm Reply with quote
Huh. Not quite sure what to expect of this. I like that it's based on the original series' continuity, though. None of that GX, 5Ds, Zexal, Wexal, Vectors, Flava Flav whatever stuff.
Nyren

PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2015 10:27 pm Reply with quote
Does this make anyone else want to go back and binge the original series?
Davy0

PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2015 11:06 pm Reply with quote
Sahmbahdeh wrote:
Huh. Not quite sure what to expect of this. I like that it's based on the original series' continuity, though. None of that GX, 5Ds, Zexal, Wexal, Vectors, Flava Flav whatever stuff.

Alright... the reason why people hate continuations of series' are because A, they have stupid nostalgia bugs for crap they probably didn't care about growing up. And because they think that their "era" is more special than others due to the work of their childhood falling behind them due to growing up into a wrinkly prune, gaining saggier breasts/bald heads, and stupid non-sense. Cause I gotta tell ya every generation has this sort of mentality and all it means to you is that you're probably (not you so much, as in the fanboys that weren't fans during the actual series run) go with what everyone else says about the good and bad of a certain series.

It gets so frickin' annoying to hear that "I want classic sonic back" or "I hate Generations III and greater of Pokemon" just because people are trying something new. And ya know what, that's good. People keep saying they want something innovative, they are given it, and then they don't like it until... Oh right, that one fanboy who is actually happy about the series, tells three friends, and then they tell three friends, and then that's "seven" people right there. It's the same thing for music, the same thing for television, it's the same thing for videogames, and now, we have the same situations happening for computers... We look bad on stuff four years later, then we understand, it isn't as bad as people think it is.

Some things are bad, because they are bad. But that's not everything. Not everything is as terrible as we try to make it out to be.

So yes, while it's good to see the original series back. It had its pros, it had its cons. Hell half the bloody frickin' time it didn't even FOLLOW ITS OWN RULES in its card game. But we like it because it was our first experience.
Tempest_Wing

PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2015 11:29 pm Reply with quote
Nyren wrote:

Hell no. I don't need to watch a dozen episodes of people reciting every little detail about every card they play and mentioning the shadow realm every 5 minutes.
Nyren

PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2015 11:32 pm Reply with quote
Tempest_Wing wrote:
Nyren wrote:

Hell no. I don't need to watch a dozen episodes of people reciting every little detail about every card they play and mentioning the shadow realm every 5 minutes.
Fair enough, Haha
MetalHunter

PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2015 11:46 pm Reply with quote
Davy0 wrote:
Sahmbahdeh wrote:

Alright... the reason why people hate continuations of series' are because A, they have stupid nostalgia bugs for crap they probably didn't care about growing up. And because they think that their "era" is more special than others due to the work of their childhood falling behind them due to growing up into a wrinkly prune, gaining saggier breasts/bald heads, and stupid non-sense. Cause I gotta tell ya every generation has this sort of mentality and all it means to you is that you're probably (not you so much, as in the fanboys that weren't fans during the actual series run) go with what everyone else says about the good and bad of a certain series.

It gets so frickin' annoying to hear that "I want classic sonic back" or "I hate Generations III and greater of Pokemon" just because people are trying something new. And ya know what, that's good. People keep saying they want something innovative, they are given it, and then they don't like it until... Oh right, that one fanboy who is actually happy about the series, tells three friends, and then they tell three friends, and then that's "seven" people right there. It's the same thing for music, the same thing for television, it's the same thing for videogames, and now, we have the same situations happening for computers... We look bad on stuff four years later, then we understand, it isn't as bad as people think it is.

Some things are bad, because they are bad. But that's not everything. Not everything is as terrible as we try to make it out to be.

So yes, while it's good to see the original series back. It had its pros, it had its cons. Hell half the bloody frickin' time it didn't even FOLLOW ITS OWN RULES in its card game. But we like it because it was our first experience.

^^^^^What he said
Nyren

PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2015 11:51 pm Reply with quote
I love the original, but I don't hate the newer stuff like some people do. I actually have a soft spot for GX and 5D's. Though anything post-5D's just doesn't look right to me.
itachi06103570

PostPosted: Sat Jul 18, 2015 12:09 am Reply with quote
I'm OK with all yugioh no scratch that I love all of it so all this my generation crap dosen't faze me. The thing I'm wondering the most is whether there will be new cards/structure decks based on the movie I'd like to see new versions of blue eyes and dark magician. Regardless it'll be cool to see the movie and see if this happens between the end of season 1 or somewhere in between.
Nyren

PostPosted: Sat Jul 18, 2015 12:11 am Reply with quote
itachi06103570 wrote:
I'm OK with all yugioh no scratch that I love all of it so all this my generation crap dosen't faze me. The thing I'm wondering the most is whether there will be new cards/structure decks based on the movie I'd like to see new versions of blue eyes and dark magician. Regardless it'll be cool to see the movie and see if this happens between the end of season 1 or somewhere in between.
Supposedly it takes place after the entirety of the original Yu-Gi-Oh! series. So in-between Duel Monsters and GX I imagine.
KH91

PostPosted: Sat Jul 18, 2015 12:12 am Reply with quote
Nyren wrote:

Thats what I planned when the movie was announced. I already re-watched DM in its "correct" version back in 2013. Since the movie is set after the "manga," I shall re-read the manga.
itachi06103570

PostPosted: Sat Jul 18, 2015 12:20 am Reply with quote
Nyren wrote:
itachi06103570 wrote:
Supposedly it takes place after the entirety of the original Yu-Gi-Oh! series. So in-between Duel Monsters and GX I imagine.
OK I get it now so basically he still has the puzzle spoiler[but after atem went back his time then] I'm assuming. Correct me if I'm wrong.
Nyren

PostPosted: Sat Jul 18, 2015 12:22 am Reply with quote
itachi06103570 wrote:
OK I get it now so basically he still has the puzzle spoiler[but after atem went back his time then] I'm assuming. Correct me if I'm wrong.
I'm honestly not sure. I never read the manga and I haven't finished the anime. I watched up to the end of the Battle City arc. Judging by the poster I may be wrong, but I'm not sure. That's just what I remember reading.
itachi06103570

PostPosted: Sat Jul 18, 2015 12:25 am Reply with quote
Nyren wrote:
I'm honestly not sure. I never read the manga and I haven't finished the anime. I watched up to the end of the Battle City arc. Judging by the poster I may be wrong, but I'm not sure. That's just what I remember reading.
I can give the abridged version if you want but from what I saw I saw Atem at the very end so that's where my confusion came from.
Nyren

PostPosted: Sat Jul 18, 2015 12:28 am Reply with quote
itachi06103570 wrote:
I can give the abridged version if you want but from what I saw I saw Atem at the very end so that's where my confusion came from.
Doesn't Yugi resemble and sound like Atem in the first episode of GX? That could also lead to confusion as well. I'm hoping this gets cleared up.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3