• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Interview: Madoka Magica's Ai Nonaka

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
KutovoiAnton

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2015 10:52 am Reply with quote
Really liked her as DW's Bao Sanniang. Among her recent roles - Amagi's Tirami was hilarious.
here-and-faraway

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2015 11:23 am Reply with quote
She seems like a sweet and positive person. Nice interview! Thank you.
Cutiebunny

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2015 12:04 pm Reply with quote
I met her at Animazement in 2014 and she was really bubbly. I got the impression that she really enjoyed being there and with her fans. That was the year they had both the Japanese and US VA for Kyoko.

The line to see her, for Animazement, was pretty long. She had a lot of fanboys.
Kougeru

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2015 1:48 pm Reply with quote
Ah, another seiyuu that will go down as a legend IMO. I hear a lot of stories about her great personality it reading this made me feel like it's true. I fell in love with her voice in Clannad so much that I went through a bunch of shows she was in after seeing Clannad. She's very talented. I hope she gets to play the role of a boy protecting the world, I think it would be a good fit for her voice.
belvadeer

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2015 1:53 pm Reply with quote
I've loved her as Meu from the Spectral games (and her guest appearances in Cross Edge, Chaos Wars and Agarest War 2). Thanks to Ai Nonaka's voice helping to get down the character's personality and Meu's bubbly demeanor, Meu has risen above Hiro in popularity and has pretty much been Idea Factory's new RPG poster girl for the last good chunk of years. She really has a distinct voice and it's great hearing her in action.

Last edited by belvadeer on Mon Jul 27, 2015 2:39 pm; edited 1 time in total
Hyperdrve

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2015 2:05 pm Reply with quote
Kyoko Sakura is my favorite Madoka magical girl and

Quote:
When I was an elementary school student, I watched Yū Yū Hakusho and I fell in love with a character called Kurama. I wanted to meet Kurama so bad, and when I thought about how I could meet him, I learned there was a profession called “voice acting,” and I decided to become a voice actress.

That's the best story I've read about why a seiyuu picked the profession. I'm now interested in following her work.

EDIT: Damn. The ANN encyclopedia doesn't have a "follow seiyuu" function.
navycherub

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2015 2:14 pm Reply with quote
Thanks for the good interview. Nonaka Ai is my favorite voice actress, and it was a blast seeing her a year or two ago at Otakon. I just wish she could be in more shows recently. Her most recent roles have been less important characters like Tiramie in Amagi Brilliant Park and Machikou in Koufuku Grafitti, and even then those roles don't come very often. Ah well.
Shay Guy

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2015 2:16 pm Reply with quote
I'm just wondering whose idea it was to pick her for Kyoko.

I mean, sure, she'd done other stuff with SHAFT. But unless the later seasons of SZS do some especially interesting things with Kafuka, I don't know what could've indicated she'd be as great a fit as she was.
killjoy_the

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2015 2:21 pm Reply with quote
After reading this interview and seeing the enthusiasm she has when answering the questions I can no longer separate her from Kafuka. They're one and the same.
KiraMustDie

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2015 4:13 pm Reply with quote
You should've asked her about School City Valanoir.

That's where the real burning questions are.
MajinAkuma

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2015 6:43 pm Reply with quote
In Dragon Ball Xenoverse, the fourth voice track for your female custom character is done by Ai Nonaka. I didn't notice it when I chose it for my main hero(ine). But after reading her name (among other famous seiyuus) in the credits, I realized it's her.

Thank you Nonaka-san for (unintentionally) making my Cindarella so adorable.
belvadeer

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2015 9:38 pm Reply with quote
KiraMustDie wrote:
You should've asked her about School City Valanoir.

That's where the real burning questions are.

Both the anime and the two games related to it are obscure as hell, so I too would like to know more about the academy where Meu and everyone trained to be such badass fighters in the Spectral series.
7jaws7

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2015 10:42 pm Reply with quote
Shay Guy wrote:

Well, I assume she auditioned for the part like the other seiyuu, and I doubt one person made the final call. Maybe the fact that AiNon played a character she is the exact opposite of so naturally was the reason she won the role?
Kadmos1

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2015 9:08 am Reply with quote
I wonder if she likes owls (a reference to her Asura Cryin' character who has an owl named Persephone).
crosswithyou

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2015 9:19 am Reply with quote
7jaws7 wrote:
Shay Guy wrote:

Well, I assume she auditioned for the part like the other seiyuu, and I doubt one person made the final call. Maybe the fact that AiNon played a character she is the exact opposite of so naturally was the reason she won the role?

She actually auditioned for both Mami and Kyoko, felt more confident with Mami, but ended up landing the role of Kyoko.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2