• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Arakawa's Hero Tales Promotional Video Posted

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SharinganEye

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2007 8:55 pm Reply with quote
Whoo! I heard this series is completely different from her previous ones though. And it seems like more of her style was preserved from the promotional picture.

Well whatever. Very Happy
SaveOnePiece

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2007 9:01 pm Reply with quote
The animation quality is a little "funky" but Hiromu's name is what will make people watch it, no matter how bad the animation is.
SharinganEye

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2007 9:06 pm Reply with quote
I don't know what you're talking about. This adaptation preserves more of her art style than did Hagaren.
v1cious

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2007 10:00 pm Reply with quote
SharinganEye wrote:
Whoo! I heard this series is completely different from her previous ones though.

what do mean previous ones? all she's done is Fullmetal Alchemist, and she didn't even write the anime version.

anyways, i actually feel kind of sorry for Hiromu Arakawa. she's stuck in that wonderful position where anything she does is always gonna be measured by her best work. i can only imagine the pressure she must be under. also Mizushima's not involved this time around.

Last edited by v1cious on Thu Aug 09, 2007 10:25 pm; edited 1 time in total
Xenofan 29A

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2007 10:24 pm Reply with quote
v1cious wrote:
SharinganEye wrote:
Whoo! I heard this series is completely different from her previous ones though.

what do mean previous ones? all she's done is Fullmetal Alchemist, and she didn't even write the anime version.

anyways, i actually feel kind of sorry for Hiromu Arakawa. she's stuck in that wonderful position where anything she does is always gonna be measured by her best work. i can only imagine the pressure she must be under. also Muzishima's not involved this time around.

Yeah, but for the most part, I think that Arakawa's contributions to FMA were better than Mizushima's. Don't get me wrong, the anime version is great, but the direction seemed a little off at times.

I know most people don't agree with me on this, and that's fine.
SharinganEye

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2007 11:25 pm Reply with quote
v1cious wrote:
I was talking about her manga works, and she's done more than FMA:

Stray Dog
Totsugeki Tonari no Enikkusu
Shanghai Youma Kikai
Raiden-18
Souten no Koumori

As well as her current work Jushin Enbu in collaboration with Huang Jin Zhou.
population_tire

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2007 7:47 am Reply with quote
this is going to be another fullmetal alchemist where the anime series is nothing like the manga....
BrothersElric

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2007 1:53 pm Reply with quote
SharinganEye wrote:

Stray Dog
Shanghai Youma Kikai
Raiden-18
Souten no Koumori

Wow, how behind am I? I mean, I was aware of the fact that she was working on another series at the same time as Hero Tales, but despite being an avid FMA and Hiromu Arakawa fan, the only series I've ever heard of done by her besides the obvious ones was Stray Dog. Anime smile + sweatdrop

Anyways, wow, not even one volume finished and all of a sudden she's got all of this success with just that one series. How about that! Shocked I'll go ahead and watch the anime anyways but....yeah, I think it might be for the best if I go ahead and read the manga as well.
TSC

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2007 5:31 pm Reply with quote
I've yet to read the manga(heard not mcuh is done so far with her juggling with this series and FMA), but judging from the promotional trailer, it looks good. Plus I have a thing for Chinese myth type stories, which seems to be the case in this judging from what i'm seeing.
SharinganEye

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2007 11:29 pm Reply with quote
BrothersElric wrote:
SharinganEye wrote:

Stray Dog
Shanghai Youma Kikai
Raiden-18
Souten no Koumori

Wow, how behind am I? I mean, I was aware of the fact that she was working on another series at the same time as Hero Tales, but despite being an avid FMA and Hiromu Arakawa fan, the only series I've ever heard of done by her besides the obvious ones was Stray Dog. Anime smile + sweatdrop

Anyways, wow, not even one volume finished and all of a sudden she's got all of this success with just that one series. How about that! Shocked I'll go ahead and watch the anime anyways but....yeah, I think it might be for the best if I go ahead and read the manga as well.
It's a sad thing most of those projects only got out a chapter (one shot) or few and are most currently stalled. I particularly enjoyed Souten no Koumori. It's kind of like spoiler[Ran Fan] got her own series, or at least that part of FMA got a spin off of sorts.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1