• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Love Live! Movie's 2.3-Billion-Yen Earnings Surpass 2014 Crayon Shin-chan Film

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
lucio542

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2015 9:23 am Reply with quote
really impressive Very Happy
Mr. Oshawott

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2015 9:36 am Reply with quote
Congratulations for Love Live overtaking Crayon Shin-chan at the box office. Smile
Foxaika

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2015 10:37 am Reply with quote
Can't wait till it comes out in the states. I thought I wasn't going to be able to see it, but I think I will be able to and I am hyped!
Kutsu

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2015 3:23 pm Reply with quote
And that was the highest grossing Shin-chan movie yet too.
Hyperdrve

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2015 3:44 pm Reply with quote
Looks like my original ~ 2.25 billion yen estimate by the 60th day was correct.
darkchibi07

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2015 4:33 pm Reply with quote
Man, with the amount of earnings the movie made so far, it's going to be a long time until another late-night anime series' movie will dethrone Love Live.
Nozomi Tojo

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2015 7:46 pm Reply with quote
And it was all thanks to Goddess Nozomi Very Happy I mean why wouldn't anyone want to see a anime movie with her in it Razz
Ejc

PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2015 1:45 am Reply with quote
It's looking increasingly likely the LL movie will settle around 2.5~2.6 billion yen. How funny would it be if it ended up at 25億252万円 (2,502,520,000 yen)? Lol.

darkchibi07 wrote:
Man, with the amount of earnings the movie made so far, it's going to be a long time until another late-night anime series' movie will dethrone Love Live.

Even if i'm a big Love Live fan, I know that this record could be in danger when the Kizumonogatari movie ends up finally being released. Provided the fanbase is still there, and they play the visitor benefits card correctly. A large number of visitor benefits is no guarantee of good performance though, as there are some well known anime series such as Idolmaster which did so poorly considering how many visitor benefits it had.

One other series I think that has a chance is KanColle. If the staff of KanColle get their act together for the 2016 movie, and they offer good visitor benefits such as ingame items/ships or something, then it should have some chance of also dethroning Love Live. It also needs to get a comparable amount of screens, because it is no good if demand outstrips supply in terms of theatre seats.

Despite the HighSpeed Free! movie having 120 screens (1 less than LL, 9 less than Madoka and 17 less than K-ON), i'm not sure a junior high/middle school setting is going to be as popular as the original TV anime high school setting. Nevertheless I would not count this movie out in the running too.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1