• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Senki Zesshō Symphogear (TV) (5 seasons).

Goto page Previous    Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Stark700

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2015 6:25 pm Reply with quote
GX episode 5...

Hibiki looks like she may not return to the battlefield for quite awhile.

As for this week's action, that was pretty damn intense coming from the team of Shirabe and Kirika. Too bad they weren't strong enough though.

Pretty fitting way of using the songs in tune with the action. And based on the events of the episode, we are getting Chris and Tsubasa fighting next time! The waiting game begins.. This week's episode felt like it was 5 minutes.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2015 6:51 am Reply with quote
Season 3, Episode 5

We got a Kirika and Shirabe duet, you bet this episode was awesome. Of course we know that they stood little chance of actually winning the fight, but as they said they wanted to buy some time. The music quite intense in a non vocal way afterwards, kind of cool. And the saving at the end, we have new and improved Tsubasa and Chris, the ED was a cool duet with them too. Things were about the lowest points, but things are gonna change.

Am I a bit slow that I only just realised that the homunculus and the alchemist look the same?
Galap

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2015 1:39 pm Reply with quote
Not to be that guy, but as an organic chemist I can't help but cringe and point out that all of those chemical structures are complete nonsense Rolling Eyes.

Not only that, but the as the saying goes, if you have good technique in the lab, you can be a very good cook. Then again the guys thing exploded on him which is often a sign of bad technique so...
Stark700

PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2015 4:11 pm Reply with quote
Episode 6:

Easily the best GX episode I've seen so far for the season. Great action and the Ignite Module redesign transformation looked intensely awesome. Too bad for Carol though. She chose the wrong path and ended up like that....

Anyways, excited for the upcoming fights against the others in the second half.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2015 6:02 pm Reply with quote
Upgraded with the power of dubstep!

Wouldn't be surprised if that Carol was actually a Doombot. I'm sure an alchemist has a spare body or two laying around.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2015 2:25 am Reply with quote
Season 3, Episode 6

Shocked
Well not entirely what I expected, but the girls have managed to harness the power beyond Hibiki's rampages, and it comes in dubstep. Not exactly losing control, but our three main heroines have a dark form, and it is badass.

I wonder if this is what Carol actually wanted, she wanted to corrupt the heroes in order to destroy the world. It could have actually been the point of Elfnein to create dark forms after Carol had made them all break. Carol apparently killed herself, and I wonder if the reason is hidden within Elfnein who also has her innocence. If we see all our heroines turn into out of control monsters, I wonder if it is Miku who will end up saving the day.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Sun Aug 16, 2015 6:00 am Reply with quote
Season 3, Episode 7

But we did get to see Maria go a bit Hibiki there. These girls have to start expecting that the Autoscorers want them to get more powerful and unleash the stronger forms. Well a couple of them seem to notice that it is odd.

What do you know, the guy who ran away instead of helping the kids is the guy who ran away instead of helping his own kid.
Stark700

PostPosted: Sun Aug 16, 2015 10:32 am Reply with quote
Symphogear GX episode 7:

Imo, I think Maria did very well this episode. Yes, she didn't do well in her rematch at first even with Ignite (considering the transformation made her berserk). However, her second attempt to do so worked quite well and I loved her battle outfit.

More importantly though, Hibiki encounters her dad this episode? That cliffhanger makes me quite curious to see how the story will continue from here.

Episode 8:

Overall, consistent episode although imo a bit predictable.

We get another double Ignite this week with Shirabe and Kirika. Not as impressive imo in terms of design compared to Maria. The fight was pretty fast after that. The ending didn't really surprise me at all with the boss coming back again. It seems their grand plan is reaching their next step? Hmm...

Also, I hope Hibiki will resolve the issue she has with her Father. This episode establishes that they are still not on good terms.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2015 6:12 am Reply with quote
Season 3, Episode 8

Yeah, Hibiki's dad is an arse. He did not admit he did anything wrong, just asking that he return in good graces, and made her pay for their food, well she only seemed to get an orange juice she did not even drink while he had a plate of sandwiches.

I thought some of the dialogue was a little awkward this episode, but things did go their course. Kirika and Shirabe overcame limitations and managed to go to ignite, not big by themselves, but those two always work best when with each other. They fought a bit, but it was through the power of love the managed it, yeah "love" was what they said, sure it could be just as friends, but we know. Actually I was really in the yuri camp this episode, I half expected Miku to kiss Hibiki, the show all but confirms things like that, damn it Nanoha like rules of never straight out confirming things.

Oh, and yeah, it the villain is back, and we know for sure that she is controlling Elfnein. Also want to just make a note that I have enjoyed the style of the enemies this season, they do not seem redeemable, but they are fun to watch.
FenixFiesta

PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2015 10:34 am Reply with quote
Hibiki's Father has been the cumulative series biggest antagonist that the audience WILL despise.

Sure, he doesn't summon noise to arbitrarily kill people, but he has presented no honest reason to act like an open unrepentant jerk, he is just an ass because he can be one.
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2015 10:36 am Reply with quote
The artistic quality noticably slipped this episode.

Immediate disconnect between the end of last episode and the start of this one. I can kinda imagine Miku some how setting up a meeting between father and daughter but they should have showed it.

Shirabe and Kirika get into an argument over nothing in an obvious forced attempt at drama. The fight was decent, at least.

Hm... maybe after 2 seasons Symphogear is finally running out of steam?
FenixFiesta

PostPosted: Sun Aug 23, 2015 12:01 am Reply with quote
Vaisaga wrote:
Immediate disconnect between the end of last episode and the start of this one. I can kinda imagine Miku some how setting up a meeting between father and daughter but they should have showed it.

It is intentional in an artsy sense, but for this series it might be too nuanced as it is implying that Hibiki over looking her own "run away" from the previous night was her form of giving dead beat dad another chance, which he immediately destroys harsher than todays fight.
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2015 5:26 pm Reply with quote
Well this show just got 500% hammier.
Stark700

PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2015 6:28 pm Reply with quote
This week...

Lol, so the doctor is back?

At least Tsubasa managed to fight back (symbolically in a way too because of the wings). Good to see that Tsubasa overcome her adversary and even realize that she had her Father's support.
FenixFiesta

PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2015 10:07 pm Reply with quote
This series is so shonen, there is no wonder for why I enjoy the madness of anime.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 10 of 13