• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Shelf Life - When I Cry

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
luffypirate

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2007 6:42 pm Reply with quote
when they cry is the shiznit! lets hope for something special with volumes 3 thru 6.
Richard J.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2007 7:02 pm Reply with quote
AuraShadow wrote:
((the anime that is currently under discussion I haven't seen...sucks that I can not partake in it...))
You can always talk about whether or not Bamboo's reviews have gotten you interested in any of them. Don't let a lack of personal knowledge hold you back.
Aromatic Grass

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2007 7:04 pm Reply with quote
luffypirate85 wrote:
when they cry is the shiznit! lets hope for something special with volumes 3 thru 6.

"ShizNat" in psycho's case. Wink
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
jetz

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2007 9:38 pm Reply with quote
Vicserr wrote:
jetz wrote:
I watched Remi when I was about 4-6 years old. I've forgotten about it until I watched Remy - Nobody's Girl. At first I was confused, since both titles are similar. Also, I remember Remy going through the same path as Remi.

Both series are based on the same source material. Confused

and even changing the main chjaracter to a girl couldn't save it from cancelation and the outrage of the fans of the original series.

Oh I see. Both were really sad series.. I think I remember something about spoiler[dogs dying], and the spoiler[old man who was with Remi/Remy died as well]..
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Redbeard 101
Oscar the Grouch
Forums Superstar

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2007 10:51 pm Reply with quote
Aromatic Grass wrote:
luffypirate85 wrote:

"ShizNat" in psycho's case. Wink

My ears were burning for some reason and I knew not why. I figured; "Hey I haven't checked Bamboo's column this week yet. How silly of me. So I switch over here from ANN-FF and I see you mentioned me and my ShizNat love. Thought I wouldn't find out didn't you muahh hahahaha. I'm like Visa, I'm everywhere you wanna be!

Richard J. wrote:
AuraShadow wrote:
((the anime that is currently under discussion I haven't seen...sucks that I can not partake in it...))
You can always talk about whether or not Bamboo's reviews have gotten you interested in any of them. Don't let a lack of personal knowledge hold you back.

Actually her bit this week on When They Cry has me interested. Think I'll have to add it to my list of stuff to check out.

Oh and Bamboo, if you think that's ridiculous listen to this; Last time my grandmother came out to visit 4-5 years ago she flew into BWI. So tis ws much closer to when 9/11 happened. She was 76-78 at the time. They freaking pulled her aside at BWI when she arrived, not in Cali where she took off, and said they needed to search her. They took my 70'something grandmother with heart problems to some room, as my cop father tried to argue with them about this all, and proceeded to strip search her. They went through all her stuff and threatened to arrest her because she had a nail file in her suitcase. Her suitcase mind you, not the overhead bag. She almost had a freaking heart attack and had to be taken to the hospital afterwards when we left BWI. Talk about incompetent.
ANN_Bamboo
ANN Contributor

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2007 12:48 am Reply with quote
psycho 101 wrote:

Oh and Bamboo, if you think that's ridiculous listen to this; Last time my grandmother came out to visit 4-5 years ago she flew into BWI. So tis ws much closer to when 9/11 happened. She was 76-78 at the time. They freaking pulled her aside at BWI when she arrived, not in Cali where she took off, and said they needed to search her. They took my 70'something grandmother with heart problems to some room, as my cop father tried to argue with them about this all, and proceeded to strip search her. They went through all her stuff and threatened to arrest her because she had a nail file in her suitcase. Her suitcase mind you, not the overhead bag. She almost had a freaking heart attack and had to be taken to the hospital afterwards when we left BWI. Talk about incompetent.

If I was TSA, I would draw the line at strip-searching an old woman. That just... doesn't sound very sumptuous.
bglassbrook

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2007 1:08 pm Reply with quote
Yeouch. Tough having to follow a story of airport security strip searching an elderly person, but somebody may as well take the hit.

Wanted to say it was nice to see another manga heavy collection, but all those gaps were painful on the eyes. I hope the missing volumes were just on the other side of the room.

PS -- Was quite surprised to be going through the backpack I carry my laptop in (as carry-on) months (or more?) after my last flight and finding the swiss army knife still in the front pocket. Good thing as a young single male traveling alone cross-country I was flagged for extra attention on every single leg of my trip huh? At least the folks in Phoneix were nice enough to say "they screened you well in California right?"
Redbeard 101
Oscar the Grouch
Forums Superstar

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2007 8:57 pm Reply with quote
SakechanBD wrote:
psycho 101 wrote:

If I was TSA, I would draw the line at strip-searching an old woman. That just... doesn't sound very sumptuous.

We never got that. Even if we bought the bag search and all the other crap....a strip search down to her grannie panties? WTH is that bs? We would've loved to press charges but with new security acts they are allowed to do these things. IF she had had a heart attack and died in their room they'd claim national security and that's that. I'm sorry but as a criminal justice major I laugh in sorrow at these "random" security checks. I'm sorry but lets say an oriental man shot and killed a lady would you look for him in China Town or Harlem?? So if the terrorist and bombers are primarily middle eastern.....should we be strip searching little old white ladies or Japanese people? No, you search those that fit the profile. People call that profiling, which it is, and racist. So being safe and secure is racist huh? I'm Irish, so if the IRA decided to start blowing shit up here when I went to the airport I'd expect to be searched or watched more carefully. I'm Irish, I fit the profile, so I'd even allocate more time in my travels assuming I'll be delayed by searches.
Dargonxtc

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2007 9:23 pm Reply with quote
Hear, hear!
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3