• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Doraemon DVD Collection

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Industry -> Retail
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ELance

PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2015 9:05 am Reply with quote
Does anyone know a legitimate place to buy these any more? I am surprised that they can't be found any more. It was a box-set with dozens if not hundreds of episodes from the original Doraemon television series of 1979, with English subtitles. They used to be sold on eBay--I bought (and eventually sold) mine on there, but now I want another and can't find it anywhere. It came in a bluish-purple box, and was made somewhere in China. Given that no US company has released Doraemon, I was quite pleased with this Chinese set.
SpacemanHardy

PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2015 2:43 pm Reply with quote
You realize that it was a bootleg, right? Neutral
Redbeard 101
Oscar the Grouch
Forums Superstar

PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2015 9:41 pm Reply with quote
As the Spaceman said, what you had was a bootleg. That's why you can't find it anymore. Probably no one making them now. To clarify, it was an illegal product that was not officially licensed by any company holding rights to the show. As are most Chinese "releases" of anime shows actually. So your chances of finding one are very slim, and even if you could find it your really shouldn't buy it to begin with.

Regardless of what side people are on in the bootleg debate we here at ANN actually don't allow linking to bootleg sites or products (in our rules). So I"m sorry but I'm going to have to lock this thread before someone responds and provides a link to it somewhere if it even exists anymore.
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Industry -> Retail All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1