• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Classroom Crisis (TV).

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
meiam

PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2015 9:57 am Reply with quote
DuskyPredator wrote:

Weren't you paying attention, what the heads of the union wanted was the teacher, they wanted to use him as a political figurehead in upcoming elections to promote the interests of the people leading the union? Sure they cared about things like underage overtime, but the reason they helped here was largely for him to help them with his public image.

Then we just come back to "why didn't they ask him to turn down the promotion?" he clearly didn't want it. And if they just want him for political reason, it changes absolutely nothing that he's executive now, his track record is still the same and executive can go into politic.
Yttrbio

PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2015 11:02 am Reply with quote
Can you turn down a promotion? There are some organizations where promotion is expected, and refusing to get promoted can cause serious problems, like getting fired.

As for the union using a member of management as their figurehead... are you joking?
meiam

PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2015 7:02 pm Reply with quote
Yttrbio wrote:
Can you turn down a promotion? There are some organizations where promotion is expected, and refusing to get promoted can cause serious problems, like getting fired.

As for the union using a member of management as their figurehead... are you joking?

The union and political institution are separate entity.

If the company could just fire Sera, they would have already done so, refusing a promotion won't get him in any more trouble than he already is in.
Animegomaniac

PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2015 8:34 pm Reply with quote
meiam wrote:
But on closer inspection, why can't Sera just turn down the promotion?

Because he wasn't the one who was promoted, it was really his position that was raised to executive level. So he could either accept it or quit. It came with perks and it probably helps the group more than the union could anyway. Certainly faster.

As to why the union backed off from wanting Saito's endorsement: The union wanted the populist vote and there's no appeal in a corporate stooge, even a newly minted one.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2015 4:18 am Reply with quote
Episode 5

A class trip/ hot spring episode. Honestly such tropes get really tiring, but the fact that it was done along with the other aspects of this show, Nagisa being a master businessman, it actually felt somewhat interesting. The peeping on girls in the bath is so cliché and annoying, but that they were forcing him into it made it kind of bearable, until left the scenario.

If a laptop screen broke, wouldn't you mostly just work at finding a replacement monitor? For leading engineers I would think that fairly easy. Also he should totally be recording his meetings with his brother the CEO, just to keep what orders he has been given able to be proved.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Sat Aug 15, 2015 12:35 am Reply with quote
Episode 7

It always bothers me that in true space age times we would still rely on windows (especially ones so fragile) for the cockpit. You would be moving too fast to see something with your eyes, chances are that light won't be in your favour, and technology really should have caught up to give far more information.
Stark700

PostPosted: Sat Aug 15, 2015 4:17 am Reply with quote
Imo, episode 7 was the best one so far for the season especially with the more serious content with the space hijacking and near collision in space.

I think by now, the show got through the lighthearted parts and will cover the major themes and conflicts to come.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Animegomaniac

PostPosted: Sat Aug 15, 2015 8:35 pm Reply with quote
DuskyPredator wrote:
Episode 7

It always bothers me that in true space age times we would still rely on windows (especially ones so fragile) for the cockpit. You would be moving too fast to see something with your eyes, chances are that light won't be in your favour, and technology really should have caught up to give far more information.

Space shuttle or at least it's designed like a plane so I believe it still lands and no company on Earth would either make a system 100% automated with a pilot and leave out a window; See The Right Stuff for a more decisive answer on the subject: Pilots got to have a window.

I'm not 100% fully in love with Aneglina now, not because of her ninja actions, not because she took the bullet for Iris but what she did when they were both about to die.
Stark700

PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2015 7:09 pm Reply with quote
Mm, the political affair of this show has grown to be quite interesting along with the story developing involving Nagisa this week. I felt bad for him though as it will cost him time with Mizuki. I also found his job with the festival to be a bit amusing on the humorous side.

Found this scene to be quite nice:
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2015 1:16 am Reply with quote
Nagisa has grown good as he actually wants to help him. The hint seems to be that it is not just Nagisa's brother, his boss, but the CEO is pressuring him to do what is happening. Liked the little teasing of getting him to paint, I don't think he disliked it, like how they said it was like him being a real part of the class.

I imagine that they could get away with working late in the episode due to the rocket technically being a school project and not part of their work.

Don't trust a politician, one going right out in saying that something will be the first thing they do often feels like an especially big lie.
Stark700

PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2015 6:29 pm Reply with quote
Episode 9:

I love this siblings rivalry tbh. The effect looks like it was the exact opposite effect that Nagisa's brother wanted. Ha, that was a priceless moment.

It's a political affair mind game between the two of them. The election arc is taking its climatic turn now.
As for Nagisa, yes I do think in some ways he is going a bit far to get the job done. However, this isn't over yet. I have no doubts that Yuji may find a way to take back against Nagisa if he exploits a weakness. We'll have to see.
Beltane70

PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2015 6:51 pm Reply with quote
It was so nice to see Yuji get just what he deserves and it was quite enjoyable to see his little emotional breakdown. I can't wait to see how Nagisa is going to handle Kazuhisa!
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2015 3:59 am Reply with quote
Episode 9

It feels like at this point the entire school thing is just an unnecessary distraction to what could otherwise be about business and politics that could be easier to understand if they could focus on it more.

Lol, the brother got transferred to a ice wasteland like place. At least the elder one realised that he was only succeeding from his pawn.
Stark700

PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2015 9:02 pm Reply with quote
Whoa, what a twist revealed at the end! Now I'm a bit excited to see the next episode considering the revelation about Iris/Nagisa. The elder bro is also quite a powerhouse....
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2015 9:03 am Reply with quote
Episode 10

I am actually not all that surprised that Iris is actually Nagisa, the name was feminine enough that it would be interesting if it was her name. But what is this about gender. Although the subs did say "he", and "Iris" (really Nagisa) was wearing male clothes, but the Nagisa we have known up to now has been wearing girls clothes, and Japanese language tends to not actually have much in terms of referring to someone as a gender.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4