• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: JoJo's Bizarre Adventure Director Helms Drifters Anime

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Harleyquin

PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2015 6:21 am Reply with quote
Yay! Although it's going to be a partial adaptation since the source material is still on-going. Hopefully they won't have a repeat of the first Hellsing anime adaptation.
trilaan

PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2015 6:22 am Reply with quote
This is welcome news! Most welcome!
AliceTheHare

PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2015 6:23 am Reply with quote
I'll be watching it either way, since I love the manga, but I still want to know whether this is going to be a TV or OVA series. Just so I have a vague sense of how long this is going to take to be made and released.
Rederoin

PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2015 6:33 am Reply with quote
Harleyquin wrote:
Yay! Although it's going to be a partial adaptation since the source material is still on-going. Hopefully they won't have a repeat of the first Hellsing anime adaptation.

Not confirmed air date or whether it'll be a OVA or tv series, so too early to tell if its partial.
Ulinox

PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2015 7:38 am Reply with quote
Good news. Hope it doesn't have a filler ending.
Harleyquin

PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2015 8:08 am Reply with quote
Rederoin wrote:
Harleyquin wrote:

Not confirmed air date or whether it'll be a OVA or tv series, so too early to tell if its partial.

It'll be partial either way since they have to stop at some point, the manga is still on-going and shows no sign of ending anytime soon.
Stark700

PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2015 8:56 am Reply with quote
Really hoping the animation quality will be good for this since the cam rip version of the PV was kinda hard to tell. I have great hopes for this though.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Rederoin

PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2015 9:04 am Reply with quote
Harleyquin wrote:
Rederoin wrote:
Harleyquin wrote:

It'll be partial either way since they have to stop at some point, the manga is still on-going and shows no sign of ending anytime soon.

Hellsing ultimate had very long gaps between its releases.
If we get the first OVA in 2~ years, and the last episode in 8~ years, that'll give the manga plenty of time.

The hellsing ultimate OVA took 6 years and it started 2 years before the manga ended.
FireballDragon

PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2015 9:05 am Reply with quote
Um, am I the only one who thought the guy on the cover looked like some sort of Tezuka version of Eren?
WANNFH

PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2015 9:17 am Reply with quote
FireballDragon wrote:
Um, am I the only one who thought the guy on the cover looked like some sort of Tezuka version of Eren?

Tezuka? No, that's the typical Hirano style.

By the way, Drifters begin its serialization before the SnK, but it is have less chapters because Hirano writes very uneven.
Wandering Samurai

PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2015 9:37 am Reply with quote
Since nothing is definite as to how it's going to air, they may be biding their time to figure out how they want to go with the series. Given that I imagine the OVA series turned out much better than the TV series for Hellsing, they may be weighing an OVA option. Should be interesting to see.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Harleyquin

PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2015 11:32 am Reply with quote
If they're looking to make money quickly, then odds are it'll be a 1-2 quarter TV series that will almost certainly be incomplete. If they went the OVA route like they did with Hellsing, it would be a huge risk considering how the franchise is less well known than Hellsing and doesn't have the huge popularity (and guaranteed income) that the OVA production can leverage on.
KH91

PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2015 12:57 pm Reply with quote
Pls b 24-26 episode anime.
johnnysasaki

PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2015 7:56 pm Reply with quote
Harleyquin wrote:
Rederoin wrote:

thanks to Kouta Hirano's "I work whenever I feel like to" working policy...
And he did the same to Hellsing,a manga that is only 10 volumes and started in 1998 and only ended in 2008.
I still think they should wait about 10 years to even think of making an adaptation of Drifters...
SquadmemberRitsu

PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2015 10:35 pm Reply with quote
I don't mind a 'work whenever I feel like it' approach as long as it garners results which Hellsing most certainly did. The first adaptation was probably made with all sorts of deadlines looming over the writer's heads and it turned out pretty awful.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2