• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
God Eater (TV).

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
egoist

PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2015 2:51 am Reply with quote
The Japanese really revere the Russians because I can't remember the last time I saw a non hot Russian anime girl. Assuming I ever did.

Attack on Titan retake? But so far it's even better. Background information and all. What did I learn about attack on titan scientifically? Lightning creates big titan.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Sun Aug 16, 2015 10:46 pm Reply with quote
Episode 5

Wow, this episode was intense, especially when the hugely dangerous monsters are out hugely dangerous monstered.
Gina Szanboti

PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2015 1:49 am Reply with quote
I guess the New Types are semi-immortal themselves? Our boy was nearly cut in half and took a claw through the spine Inuyasha-style, and still he's the one carrying Alisa back, who had only been body slammed against a rock. Now they're drowning... Very Happy

The new big bad had a rather human visage, did it not? A rather grumpy-old-man one at that, even though I think it was actually laughing, and seemed almost on the verge of speaking. Also interesting to note that God Arcs bleed.

Nice mood music during the splatterfest though.
Stark700

PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2015 11:56 am Reply with quote
So it looks like Alisha had some bad memories that was triggered from the fight from the latest episode...sigh. Maybe we'll get more background story from here later on.

Might take awhile to find out though considering that God Eater is taking yet another break. No new episode next week.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
egoist

PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2015 2:55 am Reply with quote
Reminds me why I dislike watching anime weekly. Like peeing and cutting it halfway through.

Besides watching the hot Russian I'm really curious about who was responsible for the virus and when that boy will do anything useful.

A lot like Attack on titan.
MaxSouth

PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2015 5:28 pm Reply with quote
egoist wrote:
The Japanese really revere the Russians because I can't remember the last time I saw a non hot Russian anime girl. Assuming I ever did.

Hot Russian girls is just a common cliche (which is mostly correct, though), Japan or not. Otherwise Japanese do not especially revere Russians, of course. Japan and Russia have been at war more than once with either one side winning or another, and even to this day there is no formal peace treaty.

Quote:
Attack on Titan retake? But so far it's even better. Background information and all. What did I learn about attack on titan scientifically? Lightning creates big titan.

Besides the project is being conceptually cheap -- regarding Attack on Titan partial clone issue -- the fact that other viewers critiqued this show's intelligence means that authors did not enough respect for viewers to take time to come up with believable story. I, personally, very sensitive to this specific aspect of any visual media production, I am insulted in such cases.

(Attack on Titan, by the way, has fundamentally flawed story itself, so being worse than that is not promising.)

However, if the questionable moments in this show are rare, maybe I will watch it at some point.
Stark700

PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2015 12:38 pm Reply with quote
Episode 6:

I'm curious to see if Alisha will ever be able to move on from her past. If she continuously suffers from those memories with those PTSD reactions on the battlefield, then she might get killed soon. Kinda understandable in a way about how she suffers from that though considering the way her parents were killed.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Gina Szanboti

PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2015 5:48 pm Reply with quote
Wow, the plot armor is strong in this one... After a claw through the spine and nearly being sliced in half, then being nearly drowned, he jumps from at least a 4th story window unharmed, to go on to hold off Aragami without an effective weapon. Only to be saved at the last second by someone who wasn't supposed to be available or anywhere in the vicinity.

I'm still not real clear on why he was chewing him out so harshly.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Sat Sep 05, 2015 4:30 am Reply with quote
Episode 6

Well I can at least say the animation was pretty this episode, there was some good tone in there too, which would be the music also. Mix in some trauma and it was a pretty okay episode. Although I would say there is something that I cannot quite put my finger on stopping from some better drama.
Dessa

PostPosted: Sat Sep 05, 2015 10:43 am Reply with quote
Anyone know what's going on with Crunchyroll? We got episodes 1-3, and now there's no sign of 4 in sight.
Stark700

PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2015 1:49 pm Reply with quote
Episode 7:

I still find it hard to feel attached to the story at the moment with its weird pacing. Seems like Alisha is still unable to get over her past and continues to have those PTSD reactions. Hopefully she can in the future as she is not very reliant on battle by this point.

Decent action and OST I guess.
Some bits of the episode also gave me an experimental feel.
Cyberd1

PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2015 5:07 pm Reply with quote
Dessa wrote:
Anyone know what's going on with Crunchyroll? We got episodes 1-3, and now there's no sign of 4 in sight.

There may be licensing problems for Crunchyroll but if you do not mind commercials you watch all the episodes so far at http://www.daisuki.net/anime/detail/GODEATER/
Dessa

PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2015 10:26 pm Reply with quote
Cyberd1 wrote:
Dessa wrote:

There may be licensing problems for Crunchyroll but if you do not mind commercials you watch all the episodes so far at http://www.daisuki.net/anime/detail/GODEATER/

See page 1. I tried that, it didn't work.
Cyberd1

PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2015 10:40 pm Reply with quote
Dessa wrote:

See page 1. I tried that, it didn't work.

For me it does not work in Fire Fox but it works in I.E. so there may be some problems with other browsers.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2015 7:43 am Reply with quote
Stark700 wrote:
Decent action and OST I guess.

Something I too noticed again, it can manage to make me stop and appreciate the music.

There is something a little off, which I think is a little too typical for game adaptions. This was not as bad, but for some reason BlazBlue came to mind, and that is not a good thing. I can't quite even figure out what it is.

The presentation is good, but there is still a problem somewhere.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 3 of 5