• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Rage of Bahamut: Manaria Friends TV Anime Announced for 2016

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Stark700

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2015 2:50 am Reply with quote
Another adaptation by Cygames...

Sweet, definitely looking forward to this.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
CrowLia

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2015 2:55 am Reply with quote
If this is going to be the Bahamut sequel that was announced a while back, I'll be sourly disappointed. Then again, why make an interesting, adult fantasy with unique characters when you can just make another magic high school moe -___-
Araki

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2015 2:58 am Reply with quote
CrowLia wrote:
If this is going to be the Bahamut sequel that was announced a while back, I'll be sourly disappointed. Then again, why make an interesting, adult fantasy with unique characters when you can just make another magic high school moe -___-

Uhh...

Cygames anime division employee Nobuhiro Takenaka confirmed on Monday that Rage of Bahamut: Manaria Friends is not related to the second season of Rage of Bahamut Genesis.
Sunny milk

It's not even "moe" or cute enough to appeal to people who want that.
SubaruSumeragi22

CrowLia wrote:

Quote:
Cygames anime division employee Nobuhiro Takenaka confirmed on Monday that Rage of Bahamut: Manaria Friends is not related to the second season of Rage of Bahamut Genesis.
CrowLia

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2015 3:00 am Reply with quote
Oh, thanks totally missed that. That's quite a relief. I may check this one out, but doesn't sound half as interesting as a sequel of the first anime could be. Hopefully we'll get more news on that soon.
ikillchicken

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2015 3:39 am Reply with quote
Honestly, I'll believe Genesis is getting a proper sequel when I see it. I mean maybe it is, but as it stands, between the fact that they're launching this other, much more potentially profitable version and the fact that Genesis itself felt like it was cut down to 13 episodes at the last minute...I'm not optimistic that it'll ever happen.
Animegomaniac

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2015 5:27 am Reply with quote
No, no, Manaria Friends sounds like some LN franchise that went wrong because they forget to add the standard male lead character. Honor student princess? A girl who's half dragon? An elf... elven student council president? Sounds so familiar in so many ways.

As long as they're still doing Genesis 2, they can do whatever else they want. But I can't say I'm all that interested in Manaria as the original show had a mash of settings, this one seems to be fetishes gathered in one standard setting.
John Hayabusa

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2015 5:50 am Reply with quote
Is this another spoiler[yuribait] anime? Whatever, going to pick up.
DmonHiro

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2015 6:04 am Reply with quote
Ha, I remember playing this even on the mobile game. It was cute, but don't expect any deep story. Wait for the 2nd season of Genesis for that one. And yeah, I'm sure they'll make it, cause they're venturing into animation and they even made a studio.
Kadmos1

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2015 7:30 am Reply with quote
I like how they only say 2016 when that is such a wide time span. To me, that's the equivalent of saying "Yes, it's coming out next year but we're not sure when".
yuna49

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2015 8:25 am Reply with quote
DmonHiro wrote:
Ha, I remember playing this even on the mobile game. It was cute, but don't expect any deep story. Wait for the 2nd season of Genesis for that one. And yeah, I'm sure they'll make it, cause they're venturing into animation and they even made a studio.

Not to mention they have money to burn from big-bucks investors like DeNA, who owns the mobile gaming platform Mobage, and partners like Comcast (aka NBCUniversal Entertainment).

DeNA bought a 20% stake in Cygames for $92 million in 2012, valuing the company itself at nearly half-a-billion dollars. Quarterly revenues for DeNA that year were also in the $500 million range, or some $2 billion for the year. That's nearly as much as the entire anime industry grossed in 2012.
Wtv

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2015 9:40 am Reply with quote
Rage of Bahamut Genesis was a cool action fantasy (no deep at all, though, people should stop saying that just because they like something) at its first part. But pretty cliched and boring at its ending.
So yeah...I think I'll be more interested in this than the second season of Genesis. It looks fun, at least.
RitsuLaw

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2015 9:57 am Reply with quote
So no male chara lead? Sweet, definitely gonna pick this up then. I can already feel all the yuribait.
bobob101

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2015 11:29 am Reply with quote
You know, this announcement rally makes even more grateful for the first season of Bahamut. A adaptation loosely based on a (in my experience shitty) card game that borrows more from western cinema techniques and has little pandering that was quite refreshing. This show looks like, the exact type of show that I skip. Here is to Bahamut season one, a great show that I truly didn't expect to be allowed to happen or get a sequel.

I guess if this type of show makes more money that can be put to the actual good show, I will have no complaints.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2