• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Snow White with the Red Hair (TV).

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Gina Szanboti

PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2015 2:16 pm Reply with quote
Raj was pretty funny this time around. I suspect he's going to shape up after being touched by the Red Haired Goddess' words of determination.

I'm really, really getting sick of the sameold sameold dialog about her choosing her place and moving forward, yadda, yadda, yadda. She has to say one of the three standards versions of it every single episode. I get it already!
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2015 10:51 pm Reply with quote
Episode 7

Hey, some characters really are not all that bad. Izana's methods may seem a little cruel in how he deals with a situation, but he has good intentions at heart where he might have to be a bit mean to make things right. Raj started the show out as extremely arrogant, was showing respect here out of fear since then, but it really looks like here he might have learned some actual respect for Shirayuki, and that it might be good to try and earn that of people like her. Sure Shirayuki felt it a bit awkward and she wants to stay in the kingdom, but she still loves her homeland, and she kind of does have respect of what Raj's position is, if only that she is disappointed by how he currently is.

Got the distinct feeling that Izana kind of went from annoyed at feeling that his brother has been tricked by some girl, to seeing that there is more to her. Are we going to see him try and push Shirayuki to see what she can do? Shirayuki and Zen are getting closer, but at the moment they perhaps have to deal with acceptance from Izana, and rumours of things going a bit quickly.
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2015 6:27 pm Reply with quote
I know it's crude, but I couldn't help but keep going "Just f*** already!"

Also, aside from some nods in the first episode, why is Snow White the basis of the title? It's more of a rags to riches story so wouldn't Cinderella be more appropriate?
lys

PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2015 10:02 am Reply with quote
To "Why snow white?" I don't know if this was explained better in some manga sidebar comment that I skimmed over (reading in Japanese and I get lazy) but the series began as a one-shot and went on from there, so the title reference seems like it was simply the starting point/inspiration for that chapter. (maybe the author just liked the name Shirayuki and wanted to use it for the protagonist?)
Kruszer

PostPosted: Sun Aug 23, 2015 6:32 am Reply with quote
Vaisaga wrote:
I know it's crude, but I couldn't help but keep going "Just f*** already!"

Also, aside from some nods in the first episode, why is Snow White the basis of the title? It's more of a rags to riches story so wouldn't Cinderella be more appropriate?

Probably because it's a play on the main character's name. Shiroyuki means white snow.
Stark700

PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2015 1:25 pm Reply with quote
Episode 8:
Imo, this was the most serious episode yet.

Undercover archer huh? Interesting. I thought the background story between Zen and Atri was neat.

This also establishes the fact that Izana and prince Zen has some enemies after them with reasons for vengeance. They better be more careful. Izana's retaliation is also a bit cold blooded imo. This is definitely something I doubt Zen will forget.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
HelloBucket

PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2015 6:47 pm Reply with quote
I hope we get to see more of Shirayuki being a lightweight drinker. For some reason I have a real soft spot for drunken conversation in television and movies. It can be as revealing as it amusing or put characters in the awkward situation of needing to make amends for the sort of thing they normally wouldn't do in the first place. Good opportunities for fun all around.

Thinking about all this vengeance business... was there any detail about what house the guy from episode 2 came from? I can't remember. I've wondered if he's tied in to the subplot about Izana's housecleaning project.
Stark700

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2015 12:13 pm Reply with quote
Episode 9:

This episode felt a bit slow but charming overall.

Obi and Shirayuki has a better relationship now imo. That same goes for him and Zen after connecting a bit. And lol, is Shirayuki still drunk? Haha. There's no doubt that Zen still feels a bit guilty and will a hard time for his dead friend Atri.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Gina Szanboti

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2015 10:21 pm Reply with quote
Shirayuki was a great drunk, and her body language, especially when walking, was masterfully done. They totally nailed that slightly off-balance gait.
HelloBucket

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2015 5:50 pm Reply with quote
My dream came true so quickly - a drunk Shirayuki conversation! Not with Zen, but excellent anyway. Sadly, she'll probably be sober by next episode.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Sat Sep 05, 2015 5:22 am Reply with quote
A drunk Shirayuki was fun to watch. I liked that the expectation that maybe she was really ticked off at someone, and the starts making a list of things she needs and getting upset over not being able to ride a horse.

So is Kiki and Mitsuhide an item?
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2015 12:10 pm Reply with quote
Dat ending: it's about damn time!
Stark700

PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2015 12:21 pm Reply with quote
Finally the kiss...

Based on the preview of next week, she seems conscious about it. Who can blame her though? And anyways, I kinda like that new girl, Kihal. Hope she will make more appearances in this adaptation or the second cour; both her and the bird, Popo.
A Mystery

PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2015 3:00 pm Reply with quote
I think many hearts had a leap of joy from that last scene. I'm enjoying this more and more Wink.

I wasn't sure we'd spoiler[get a kiss so] soon, since they're not even spoiler[fiancés yet]. Like, being royal and stuff. Zen is quite the forward guy.

... Why doesn't Izana have any girl in sight? Maybe he couldn't find any decent strong women amongst the fangirls?
Keichitsu0305

PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2015 4:44 pm Reply with quote
There is only one video that can describe my massive feels right now~ Very Happy

I am sooooo pre-ordering this when Funimation announces the release date. God, I haven't enjoyed such a wonderful fantasy spoiler[romance] shoujo since Yona of the Dawn abruptly ended. Also, Shirayuki is becoming more of a badass/bookworm normal every episode. Seriously, she just pulled a Die Hard to save an island of bird handlers from a twisted royal a**hole!
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 4 of 10