• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Monster Musume (TV).

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Shikiari

PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2015 7:04 am Reply with quote
Good Lord! Miia in that Nurses uniform!

Almost rivaling Asahi Kuromine for nosebleeds.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2015 8:03 am Reply with quote
Rachnera is pretty cool, yeah she is crossing boundaries but those can be fixed a bit. I thought it particularly interesting in Rachnera telling Cerea to say what she thinks. She may be weird in her own ways, but she actually seems to care about actual wellbeing, knowing that everyone else was causing problems with what they were teaching Suu.

Also, did Suu like learn or become smarter? Like she grew from like comparing her memories with his understanding. I will say that I enjoyed Suu's horrifying Papi hug. Based on the preview it looks like Suu and Papi can be an interesting pair together.
Stark700

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2015 12:08 pm Reply with quote
Episode 9:
Ms Smith looked naturally pretty this episode on that "date" imo. Didn't surprise me that the monster girls had to follow them though.

As for the other girls, it looked like Miia and Mero were the most relevant or noticeable in this episode. Also, Miia needs to be careful who she hangs out with...especially when that "lizardman". I'm guessing this arc isn't over yet given that cliffhanger.

Also, MON spotted again.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Cam0

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2015 1:26 pm Reply with quote
Draco isn't exactly bright. She could have flown off to avoid Darling, or are those wings just for show? The next episode seems to feature Cerea so I'm more looking forward to that.
Shikiari

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2015 6:23 pm Reply with quote
Oh Miia, you're such a cutie and totally innocent... Maybe not, but still my favourite even if snakes scare me somewhat.

Next time it looks as if they are trying to cram a few seperate stories into one showing. I noticed Kii the Dryad and another date plot with Zombina in the preview, but if that takes up all of next week then there's even less time left to introduce Lilith and then Lala.

Fingers crossed, a second season is on the cards.
Cam0

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2015 1:32 pm Reply with quote
I wasn't keeping up to date with exact release dates so I was wondering why they had to do the MGS reference twice. Like: "Did you notice that cardboard box earlier? No? Well here's Miia using a box (Suu) as disguise. YOU GET IT NOW?". Well it was actually a bit funny because Rachnera played along.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Sat Sep 05, 2015 10:15 am Reply with quote
I am pretty slow that it took me a while to see the irony in a Lami dressed as "Snake", and the relevance of Mero mentioning that sea snakes can be either snakes or fish with what the two monster girls were.

So what did Draco want? Undressing would be unnecessary for just wanting to be friends.

Strangely, parts I found myself liking were small bits like Papi tapping the window with the curious café customer and Tio taking petting zoo too literally with dolphin, the tired dolphin being put back and her having a plush makes me think they had to get her to compromise.
Stark700

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2015 12:23 pm Reply with quote
Episode 10:

So they introduced Kii (cute!) and Lilith this episode. Is it just me or does that Lilith girl kinda resemble spoiler[Maria from The Testament of Sister New Devil?] And anyways, Suu went Godzilla mode LOL.

Poor Cerea, I don't think she had any idea what hit her even after that "misunderstanding". Fun seeing Mon again.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Shikiari

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2015 7:37 pm Reply with quote
Stark700 wrote:
Episode 10:

So they introduced Kii (cute!) and Lilith this episode. Is it just me or does that Lilith girl kinda resemble spoiler[Maria from The Testament of Sister New Devil?]

Maria's a Succubus who's far more adept at teasing than pulling a few measly hypnotic tricks like Lilith.
I wasn't sure if they were going to include the Rachnera/Lilith bondage scene, but it was there for a small fraction of screen time.

It looks like from the preview that they intend to introduce Lala towards the end of the next episode which intrigues me where they will be ending the series at. I doubt they'll get as far as the spoiler[monster mothers visits], so it'll be interesting to say the least and we still have spoiler[Rachnera's] story to tell too!
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2015 10:46 pm Reply with quote
Episode 10

Suu went full Godzilla. If they get in trouble they should just put her in some toxic waste, although I don't know about living around a walking waste dump. Quite the sexual scene Zombina woke up to.

I quite liked and would have liked more of that seeing thing from the monster girl's perspective, like from Cerea. Seeing things much taller than other people, and having trouble walking around with her back half going into things. Also eating habits, she only eats vegetables, or I guess maybe fruits. which makes me wonder if a Harpy and Lamia can even eat it.

Looks like a larger focus on MON next week.
Stark700

PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2015 12:19 pm Reply with quote
Episode 11:

Heh, this episode.....
I liked it though thanks to MON and particularly Zombina. That level of trolling is just amusing. The others felt a bit underwhelming though with their date.

And anyways, we got headless girl introduced. I didn't think we'd get this far but it looks like the finale is heading into a rather oddball direction. That ominous cliffhanger....
Cam0

PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2015 2:02 pm Reply with quote
Stark700 wrote:
thanks to MON and particularly Zombina.

Yes, yes, yes. MON's best girl is Zombina. I noticed that Manako has two eyebrows despite having only one eye. Hmm, maybe it would look weird if she had one massive eyebrow.

So next episode is the last?! Darn.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2015 12:03 am Reply with quote
Episode 11

Okay, I think Zombina really would be the at the edge of what I could take. The hand might be okay, but a boob falling off would give me a heart attack. Tio and Manako are fully adorable though.

Lala seemed great, her chuunibyou personality was fun. Before it had to be broken down so she could actually explain what she wanted. Probably should have seen the bit with Rachnera coming.

My friend had told me the theory that he had that Doppel was D, so I was not entirely surprised. Although apparently Smith was also involved. So we are approaching the final episode, and in general I have quite enjoyed this, I am wondering if perhaps I might start collecting the manga, I happened to see a couple of volumes when I went to a comic store the other week. Just checked the website of a store I can go to fairly locally, oddly they only have volumes 2, 5, and 7.
Stark700

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2015 12:04 pm Reply with quote
Episode 12/Finale:

This actually turned out better than I had expected as I didn't have high expectations originally. Turns out they managed to capture the comedy and face expressions/reactions (especially in the finale). And lol, the trollish moments were funny as well like the toy truck.

Well the open ending was kinda expected for this show as the manga isn't complete either. Maybe we could get a MON spinoff original series someday??

Not sure what I'm going to rate this but it was fun ride.
Shikiari

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2015 12:48 pm Reply with quote
Aww no, I don't want it to be over...

It's a shame that it ended where It did because the next few chapters are particularly brilliant with the Mothers introduction.

Anyway, I love the manga and the anime adapted that very well so I'm going to hope for another season eventually and give it a rating of Excellent!
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 9 of 10