• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Logged off in mid session

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Bugs & Technical Questions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dan42
Chief Encyclopedist

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2015 6:19 pm Reply with quote
I've reported the issue to Cloudflare, but there's another test I'd like to run. After ~30 minutes of browsing the site, go to http://animenewsnetwork.com/meta/cookies.html and send me a PM with the copy-pasted content of that page.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
Alan45
Village Elder

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2015 9:14 pm Reply with quote
OK, it will probably be tomorrow. Short session tonight.

Edit: done.
Dan42
Chief Encyclopedist

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2015 9:38 am Reply with quote
Thank you. Unfortunately it didn't yield any clues.

Here's another test to run if you still have the patience. Try each of these:
www.animenewsnetwork.com/images/misc/cookie-expire-test.aframe
www.d.animenewsnetwork.com/images/misc/cookie-expire-test.aframe

The page will display something like "cookies = 1983 bytes" and reload infinitely, until you close the tab. Leave it on for a few minutes. The value will vary but should remain around roughly the same values. If it keeps increasing or if the page stops reloading with a "could not set" message, that would be a big hint.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
Alan45
Village Elder

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2015 11:01 am Reply with quote
OK, I clicked on both links and let them run awhile. Shortly I began to see a pattern.

Most of the time the figures would change constantly: values I caught were 378, 429, 480 and 531 bytes. I think I also saw an occasional 534. Occasionally it would stabilize on 480 for a couple of seconds (just long enough to realize it stopped) and then it would drop to 276 bytes. After a second or two at that level it would start over.

I had to answer the phone at one point and when I got back to it the pattern had not changed.
Dan42
Chief Encyclopedist

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2015 2:38 pm Reply with quote
So it was the same thing for both links.... well I'm officially out of ideas. Thanks for all your cooperation though.
Alan45
Village Elder

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2015 6:41 pm Reply with quote
Thanks for the effort. The site is functional on the alternative setting. If anything comes up let me know. Sorry for being an unsolvable problem.

I just hope it isn't something I'm doing or not doing.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Bugs & Technical Questions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3