• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Crunchyroll Adds To Love-Ru Anime, Symphogear Season 1

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Foxaika

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2015 11:16 pm Reply with quote
Hmm, maybe I will finally check out Symphogear.
Kadmos1

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2015 11:19 pm Reply with quote
I find it weird that the 1st Darkness season is censored while the firs 2 series are uncensored. If CR was simulcasting this 3 summers, I could see that. However, it being a few years since then, I think the rights should have permitted them to have the first 3 series. There constantly has to be a licensing limitation. One reason that I hate anime licensing.
itachi06103570

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2015 11:30 pm Reply with quote
Don't know if it's just my crunchyroll app bit I see symphogear and all the other shows they added but for some unknown reason I can't find To love ru. Like is it missing or something?
Asrialys

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2015 11:37 pm Reply with quote
Hm. Looks like they're using a modified version of FUNimation's subtitles for the first Symphogear series. Too bad FUNimation didn't continue licensing the series. Even if they didn't dub the songs, or even if they didn't but the show at all, I probably would have bought it if they released it.

itachi06103570 wrote:
Don't know if it's just my crunchyroll app bit I see symphogear and all the other shows they added but for some unknown reason I can't find To love ru. Like is it missing or something?

I see it on my PS3. Are you within North America? Since they're probably getting this show through Sentai, it's only available in those regions.
TheAncientOne

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2015 12:11 am Reply with quote
itachi06103570 wrote:

I noticed when I tried using the search box at CR today, the series were not showing up (and that is still true as I post this), but they did appear in the alphabetical list. In that list, there are 3 separate listings:

1. Motto To Love Ru (2nd series)
2. To Love Ru (1st series)
3. To Love Ru Darkness (3rd & 4th series)

The links for each from the alphabetical listing does work, and the episodes are present. If they aren't showing in the app, it may be related to the reason they don't show up in the app.

One of the members over at CR that is in Puerto Rico noted they could see the catalog additions (the first 3 TLR series), but not the simulcast, so apparently the simulcast doesn't include the US territories.
itachi06103570

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2015 12:40 am Reply with quote
@Asirialas I'm in America and I'm using my PS4 but when I look up to love ru or even type it, the titles does not show up.

@The ancient one it didn't even show up on the alphabetical list either so I think it's as what you said earlier but right as I'm typing this I think they still have some bugs to work out or it just might not be available for streaming in the US which is saddening. Evil or Very Mad
TheAncientOne

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2015 6:37 am Reply with quote
itachi06103570 wrote:

@The ancient one it didn't even show up on the alphabetical list either so I think it's as what you said earlier but right as I'm typing this I think they still have some bugs to work out or it just might not be available for streaming in the US which is saddening. Evil or Very Mad

All 4 TLR series are definitely available in the part of the US I'm in, as I viewed part of the first episode of Motto and the first Darkness series to verify their uncensored/censored states, respectively, and episodes for the other 2 are visible to me.

What part of the US are you in?

If they are not showing up on the following list:
http://www.crunchyroll.com/videos/anime/alpha?group=all

...you may want to check the "Detected Country:" listed at the bottom of the "Contact Us" page and make certain CR is actually detecting you as being in the US.
TsukasaElkKite

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2015 6:48 am Reply with quote
Are the To Love Ru series all the uncensored versions?
relyat08

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2015 8:14 am Reply with quote
TsukasaElkKite wrote:
Are the To Love Ru series all the uncensored versions?

This is the question. I stopped watching the current airing season because it was pointless to do so with that censoring. I'm not going to bother going back to the earlier ones if it is as well.

The first season of Darkness has plenty of glorious fanservice, so I'm sure the uncensored version of this season does too. Cool
itachi06103570

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2015 9:22 am Reply with quote
[quote="TheAncientOne"]
itachi06103570 wrote:

All 4 TLR series are definitely available in the part of the US I'm in, as I viewed part of the first episode of Motto and the first Darkness series to verify their uncensored/censored states, respectively, and episodes for the other 2 are visible to me.

What part of the US are you in?

If they are not showing up on the following list:
http://www.crunchyroll.com/videos/anime/alpha?group=all

...you may want to check the "Detected Country:" listed at the bottom of the "Contact Us" page and make certain CR is actually detecting you as being in the US.

Yeah I checked the list and it never showed up for me and I live in the northeast so maybe it's me but I thiy it's bugged. I already tried to troubleshoot it and uninstall it, that didn't work and also I tried to contact them and all they sent was a generated response so I'm going to try again and see what they say .
Asrialys

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2015 10:39 am Reply with quote
Have you confirmed that the shows at least appear for you on the website?
nadir-seen-fire

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2015 11:16 am Reply with quote
And I'm guessing there's still no legal way to watch the To Love-Ru OVA.
EricJ2

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2015 11:22 am Reply with quote
And those who have never seen the first To-Love-Ru, take the pledge NOT to watch one episode until you can attest to a working knowledge of Urusei Yatsura (past the first season).
TLR was made during the big nostalgic '02 20th-anniversary marketing for Lum, and...it sort of shows. Confused

(So, unfortunately, does the bad memory: Whereas we US fans grew up with UY in the proto-anime 90's tape-trading days, and remember it as being a gonzo jazz-jam of insanity, pop-refs and sentimentality, they remember it as something that was on the air twenty years ago when they were kids, and something about a horny drooling teen and a sexy alien "devil girl" in a bikini. Good thing our memories were a little more fresh.)

Last edited by EricJ2 on Thu Sep 03, 2015 2:51 pm; edited 1 time in total
CaptainAvatar

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2015 11:42 am Reply with quote
Wasn't the first season of Symphogear actually streamed on Nico Nico? I remember some deal Funi had with them that seemed to disintegrate almost as fast as it started. That is where I originally saw Blood-C, too.
itachi06103570

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2015 12:05 pm Reply with quote
Asrialys wrote:
Have you confirmed that the shows at least appear for you on the website?
The website for me dosen't say it at all.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2