• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Wolf Girl & Black Prince Manga Gets Live-Action Film in May

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Stark700

PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2015 9:17 pm Reply with quote
Ah a live action film. Expected and good for the fans.

I still hope Strobe Edge gets a TV anime adaptation someday...
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
cosain

PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2015 9:23 pm Reply with quote
YamaKen needs to sell it to me to be able to play a character like Kyouya...

I had the same feelings when Sato Takeru was chosen for Kenshin, and i had doubts bc i tot he couldnt pull it off but i was wrong so i hope YamaKen can do that with this live action!
Lemonchest

PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2015 9:30 pm Reply with quote
I look forward to seeing how real "actors" depict this heartwarming story of emotional abuse.
Felicity dash

PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2015 9:38 pm Reply with quote
Lemonchest wrote:
I look forward to seeing how real "actors" depict this heartwarming story of emotional abuse.

Wish people would stop calling it that, when he only "abuses" her the first few chapters. Don't believe me? Read the freaking manga then.
Shirohae

PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2015 9:52 pm Reply with quote
Live actions, Live actions everywhere...
kanjineogeo

PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2015 9:53 pm Reply with quote
Question: Are japanese actors today are worse than Hollywood actors today?
cosain

PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2015 10:04 pm Reply with quote
Lemonchest wrote:

clearly someone hasn't seen the live action to "Nana to Kaoru" Laughing

kanjineogeo wrote:

I've been watching Asian media (drama/movies exc anime) for years now. I admit the older gen of Japanese actors/actresses appeal to me better, but I'm hoping these newer ones (debuted 2010+) would improve over times. This goes the same with Hollywood ones too.

I'm not a huge fan of a few idol groups acting as i find most of them quite poor, but newer Japanese actors like YamaKen (DeathNote live action) and actresses like Kawaguchi Haruna (OHSHC live action) still have room to grow and may overtake the more well known Japanese actors/actresses (eg Sato Takeru; RuroKen, Tsumabuki Satoshi; Dororo, Oguri Shun; Hana Kimi etc)
princess passa passa

PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2015 10:24 pm Reply with quote
Stark700 wrote:

Didn't Strobe Edge get one? I could have sworn ANN did a post that featured the kabe don scene from it.

Either way I have yet to watch Japanese Live Action I liked, Koreans are better in this dept. in my opinion.
SakuraGirl17

PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2015 11:18 pm Reply with quote
I'm so happy~

One of these days I hope Wolf Girl & Black Prince gets picked up and published in English in North America. It's been one of my favorite series for a long time and I would pre-order the first volume as soon as it gets put up for sale.

I'm not even joking about that I would be one of the first people to pre-order this series and spread the word.
Ali07

PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2015 12:52 am Reply with quote
Ragga Ragga wrote:
Stark700 wrote:

Didn't Strobe Edge get one?

A TV anime series? Nope. Hope it does one day, but doubt it will. Still, at least I've got the manga. Laughing

SakuraGirl17 wrote:
It's been one of my favorite series for a long time and I would pre-order the first volume as soon as it gets put up for sale.

Well, Sentai will be releasing the anime. So, there's one way to support the property. I may be getting the anime myself.

As for a live action movie, I've not really watched much live action TV from Asia in general. But, the bits and pieces I've seen, I've not been able to take the show seriously. Only because it felt like they were overacting. But, it has been a long time since I last sampled some, so long I can't even remember the names of what I had seen. Laughing
Stark700

PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2015 1:51 am Reply with quote
Ragga Ragga wrote:
Stark700 wrote:

Didn't Strobe Edge get one? I could have sworn ANN did a post that featured the kabe don scene from it.

Nope. It was announced to also be adapted into live action awhile ago but nothing related to anime.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Camiru Mylle

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2015 12:18 am Reply with quote
kanjineogeo wrote:

They are... and this high school romance shoujo adaptations sucks. Sooner or later, every shoujo is gonna get a live-action, they only care about actor exposure now ugh. UGHH!
poonk

PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2015 11:57 pm Reply with quote
Nikaido Fumi was excellent in the J-drama Mondai no Aru Restaurant (well okay the entire cast was great, as was the pro-feminist story and pretty much everything about that drama imo-- check it out) so I'm interested in this if only for her sake. (Yamazaki Kento is much more an unknown for me, since I only know him from supporting roles in various dramas/films at this point, but hey he's handsome!)

P.S. There is a live-action Strobe Edge movie (not drama).
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1