• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: 'Secret' New 3x3 Eyes Content Teased With Anime Footage

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DmonHiro

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2015 7:37 am Reply with quote
Make it an anime... make it an anime... dear Lord, make it an anime. PLEASE!!!!
Crisha

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2015 8:06 am Reply with quote
Heck, I'd be happy even if they only adapted the third arc of the manga (it explains the title of the series), which covers volumes 6-10. While I'd love for a full adaptation, adapting 35 more volumes would be a significant undertaking, and I doubt the anime could return a profit.

Also, Haan! Smile
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
doubleO7

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2015 9:21 am Reply with quote
Unless spinoff/sequel manga have theme songs, this sounds likely to be either an anime or game project (or a drama CD...)

An Ushio & Tora-esque, multi-cour televison remake that covers the entire series (or at least most of it) would be great. I shouldn't get my hopes up for that though. I'll take whatever I can get at this point.
Souther

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2015 9:29 am Reply with quote
Got hit with massive nostalgia, 3x3 Eyes was one of my first experiences with manga.

I'd actually laugh bitterly if these were scenes for a pachinko game or something.

Last edited by Souther on Wed Sep 09, 2015 10:03 am; edited 1 time in total
Majin Tenshi

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2015 9:53 am Reply with quote
Another 3x3 Eyes anime (with Megumi for god's sake) would be a dream that is too good to be true Very Happy
Chrno2

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2015 11:21 am Reply with quote
HOLY MOTHER OF.... PLEASE LET THIS HAPPEN!!! If Ushio & Tora pushed the envelope then we NEED a new 3X3's anime to tell the story the way it was meant to be. Plus, fan get Megumi Hayashibara back.

Japan, listen to me. You have more than enough anime for everyone. Enough "moe", and "harem" and "T&A". You guys are sitting on mounds and mounds of anime that could serve as source material for new shows. New generations could now be introduced to older works now animated. And of the few series that I could mention that were long stories but got OVAs that left things unfinished are,

Outlanders (give ol' Johji Manabe some notice and get him more money dammit!!)
3x3 Eyes
Gunsmith Cats

And there's more. MORE DAMMIT!!
Shiflan

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2015 1:38 pm Reply with quote
Majin Tenshi wrote:
Another 3x3 Eyes anime (with Megumi for god's sake) would be a dream that is too good to be true Very Happy

I couldn't have said it better myself!
DmonHiro

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2015 3:28 pm Reply with quote
Chrno2, I don't know about you, but Pai is moe as hell.
Set1229

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2015 4:27 pm Reply with quote
I posted the video in the recent thread, but I am still very happy to see a little more of the series. I may have only just recently found interest in the series, but I was blown away by how well Megumi pulled off the duality of Pai and Parvati. As my friend put it, "Pai was adorable. Parvati was scary."
DangerMouse

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2015 4:38 pm Reply with quote
A series would be awesome.

Chrno2 wrote:
3x3 Eyes
Gunsmith Cats

Ooooh yeah. Nice choices and I agree there's even more.

Gunsmith Cats would be especially glorious, plus outside of some bits of other things like Jormungand (and Black Lagoon) we haven't had cool car chases (and shootouts in cars) like that in ages.
Chrno2

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2015 5:40 pm Reply with quote
DmonHiro wrote:
Chrno2, I don't know about you, but Pai is moe as hell.

Yeah, right, right she was "moe" long before "moe" was a thing. But I'm talking about modern "moe". I want "moe" with some substance backing it. Wink
Chrno2

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2015 5:45 pm Reply with quote
DangerMouse wrote:
A series would be awesome.

Chrno2 wrote:
3x3 Eyes
Gunsmith Cats

Ooooh yeah. Nice choices and I agree there's even more.

Gunsmith Cats would be especially glorious, plus outside of some bits of other things like Jormungand (and Black Lagoon) we haven't had cool car chases (and shootouts in cars) like that in ages.

Absolutely, I'm sure anyone can come up with a list. I grabbed the the ones I most remember as they were "one-shot" OVAs, but didn't realize they had stories that were still going. It's time to tap into those titles. Wink But thing is Manabe's stuff is very 90's and during those days you saw quite a bit of interest in those styles. Such as KO Century Beasts, NG Ramune up to Saber Marionette and Slayers. If another Slayers happened I wouldn't be surprised. But I'm glad that Ushio & Tora happened. Surprised
tcdelaney

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2015 5:53 pm Reply with quote
Waiting to find out what is actually going to happen is awful. They've got me all excited, and if it turns out not to be a new anime adaptation (preferably of the entire manga!) then I will be bitterly disappointed.

Whilst the existing OVAs had their flaws, I felt they really captured the feel of the manga. In particular, they managed to get right the contrast between the innocence of Pai and the power and callousness of Parvati.
AnimeAddict2014

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2015 9:12 pm Reply with quote
Ushio and Tora did well..

so how about going ahead with a remake for this series as well?
Triltaison

PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2015 1:07 am Reply with quote
A new 3x3 anime that covered even a little bit more of the manga would make me so happy.

Also agreed on Gunsmith Cats. A series about hot women in fast cars shooting up the world of organized crime while saving the little guy and blowing up gratuitous amounts of things... It would adapt so well, still. *sigh* One day, Rally.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2