• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Yen Press Licenses Akame Ga Kill! Zero Manga

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
AnimeAddict2014

PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2015 1:36 pm Reply with quote
so they finally got around to it..
TheMorry

PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2015 3:44 pm Reply with quote
I would so love an Akame Ga Kill! Zero anime adapation.
Chrno2

PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2015 5:09 pm Reply with quote
So there's a "Zero" for this series as well? I wonder how much of it will it cover. Will we ever learn more about Akame's love for "meat"?
jojothepunisher

PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2015 10:48 pm Reply with quote
Oh man, I just read all of the chapters that are out today, and it turned out to be surprisingly good! I don't know why I never got around with reading the original though....I watched the first episode of the anime and I found the writing to be mediocre, I guess I will go back to the original manga and give that a try.
Chrno2

PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2015 7:36 pm Reply with quote
jojothepunisher wrote:
Oh man, I just read all of the chapters that are out today, and it turned out to be surprisingly good! I don't know why I never got around with reading the original though....I watched the first episode of the anime and I found the writing to be mediocre, I guess I will go back to the original manga and give that a try.

The manga is always better than the anime in some cases. I think what they're probably doing is creating a tie in to get folks interested if they haven't discovered it yet. I watched the 1st ep awhile back and quit because for some reason I couldn't figure out if I should continue. So I decided to request the manga from my local libraries and I found myself enjoying it more. Now I want to go back to the anime and watch more. Thing is I'm not going to hold it's feet to the fire because by this time we all knows how things go with these types of "tie-ins". Plus, the manga is still going.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1