• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Ōya-san wa Shishunki 4-Panel Manga Has Anime in the Works

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Stark700

PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2015 12:15 pm Reply with quote
This sounds...cute I guess.

Another slice of life adaptation. We are getting quite a bit of it this month Surprised
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Mr. Oshawott

PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2015 12:51 pm Reply with quote
A landlord that has the appearance of a young girl? I'm interested. Smile

I have a feeling that the episodes won't last more than three or four minutes...
Animechic420

PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2015 1:24 pm Reply with quote
A middle schooler as a landlord???

How very....unrealistic and unlikely. Neutral
Rederoin

PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2015 1:26 pm Reply with quote
animechic420 wrote:
A middle schooler as a landlord???

Welcome to fiction.
Yuvelir

PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2015 1:27 pm Reply with quote
The news says Fantasy but the cover says Family.
Ali07

PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2015 6:40 pm Reply with quote
animechic420 wrote:

I know right? Hate it when anime is unrealistic! I prefer when my anime where someone may subconsciously alter the world/universe, or they are able to pilot mecha with little to no training, or receive texts from the future and time travel with the use of a microwave, or fight individuals who have gained various different iterations of ESP that are granted by flying fish.

Wait...what were we talking about? Oh, that's right. Very unrealistic to see a middle school child as a landlord. This is where I draw the line. Too much for me to swallow. Laughing

Reading the synopsis, I wonder if she ever brings the hammer down on those that miss payments?
enurtsol

PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2015 7:34 pm Reply with quote
Murder, She wrote:

Landlord is in Puberty

Yeah...... that title doesn't sound............... creepy......... Working man........ middle school girl in puberty........... Laughing
Animechic420

PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2015 9:40 pm Reply with quote
Ali07 wrote:
animechic420 wrote:

I know right? Hate it when anime is unrealistic! I prefer when my anime where someone may subconsciously alter the world/universe, or they are able to pilot mecha with little to no training, or receive texts from the future and time travel with the use of a microwave, or fight individuals who have gained various different iterations of ESP that are granted by flying fish.

Wait...what were we talking about? Oh, that's right. Very unrealistic to see a middle school child as a landlord. This is where I draw the line. Too much for me to swallow. Laughing

Reading the synopsis, I wonder if she ever brings the hammer down on those that miss payments?

I can tell you watched Future Diary, Gumdom Wing, Steins;Gate and other stuff. What's the gained various different iterations of ESP that are granted by flying fish???
But yeah. How can a 11-13 year old run a building??? Screw that it's a manga, it doesn't make sense. Guess Japan's trying to tell us that their much younger kids can joggle a school, social, work life no problem.
Razor/Edge

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2015 1:56 am Reply with quote
^
Since when does most things about anime make sense? Or are girls with giant jelly-filled boobs really common and I just happen to be living somewhere that doesn't have them.

That's part of the fun of anime.

...in retrospect, that last sentence could apply to either of the first two sentences, even though it was only directed at the first.
Ali07

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2015 2:44 am Reply with quote
animechic420 wrote:
I can tell you watched Future Diary, Gumdom Wing, Steins;Gate and other stuff. What's the gained various different iterations of ESP that are granted by flying fish???

The mecha one really could be any. But, Captain Earth is what was on my mind. I haven't watching Gundam Wing. Future Diary isn't in there, at least not intended to be. One that you missed is The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya (subconsciously altering reality).

As for your question, Tokyo ESP. There's even a penguin that can make the fish leave a person's body, and he then eats it. Laughing

animechic420 wrote:
But yeah. How can a 11-13 year old run a building??? Screw that it's a manga, it doesn't make sense. Guess Japan's trying to tell us that their much younger kids can joggle a school, social, work life no problem.

Eh, when there's a manga/anime out there where a kid in the same age range became king of the world, everything is fair game.
Rederoin

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2015 7:10 am Reply with quote
animechic420 wrote:

It tells us that Japan likes comedy manga.

enurtsol wrote:
Murder, She wrote:

Landlord is in Puberty

Yeah...... that title doesn't sound............... creepy......... Working man........ middle school girl in puberty........... Laughing

Middle school girls go through puberty? What a wonderful observation.
Kadmos1

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2015 7:33 am Reply with quote
On all this logic-lacking stuff, I am watching To LOVE-Ru Darkness 2nd ep. 10 as I watch this.
Wtv

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2015 9:44 am Reply with quote
enurtsol wrote:
Murder, She wrote:

Landlord is in Puberty

It might not go that way. Minase Ruruu has only made yuri doujins before. Also, she's a woman. On the other side, there was one doujin about a high school girl falling in love with a older woman who groped her, so who knows.
Still don't know why she's doing this manga. If she didn't want to be niche with yuri, she could still make an all girls cast comedy like most yuri authors are doing.
Kai99

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2015 10:16 am Reply with quote
^

A woman made Kodomo no Jikan.Confused

She is just targeting a different audience for her works. The creepy middle age kind.
Rederoin

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2015 10:34 am Reply with quote
Kai99 wrote:

She is just targeting a different audience for her works. The creepy middle age kind.

Ye, sure, lets just assume the worst.
Can't have any other way on this forum.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2