• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Pokémon Company Details New Zygarde Forms, Ash-Greninja From Upcoming TV Anime

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
KH91

PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2015 12:16 pm Reply with quote
Zygarde reminds me of The Thing and more accurately Cell.

"happened just once several hundred years ago"

I see we have the happened just once several years ago cliche. *ding*
Foxaika

PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2015 12:55 pm Reply with quote
KH91 wrote:
Zygarde reminds me of The Thing and more accurately Cell.

"happened just once several hundred years ago"

I see we have the happened just once several years ago cliche. *ding*

Cinemasins fan? Haha

Zygarde was a pretty disappointing legend, but perhaps this will spice things up a bit.
Mr. Oshawott

PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2015 12:59 pm Reply with quote
I wonder if Zygarde's Formes really are inspired by Cell's transformations in Dragon Ball? The similarities seem apparent.
JDude042

PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2015 1:05 pm Reply with quote
I'm pretty sure what we have there is a Mega Greninja, despite them beating around the bush and not flat out stating it. You can't fool me! Mega Chesnaught and Delphox confirmed. Pokemon Z on the 3DS confirmed!
XerneasYveltal

PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2015 2:22 pm Reply with quote
Zygarde is apparently something unique compared to the other third member legendary Pokemon of past mascot trios.
diefty

PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2015 3:37 pm Reply with quote
JDude042 wrote:
I'm pretty sure what we have there is a Mega Greninja, despite them beating around the bush and not flat out stating it. You can't fool me! Mega Chesnaught and Delphox confirmed. Pokemon Z on the 3DS confirmed!

It´s not Mega Greninja, it´s Satoshi´s (Ash´s) Greninja, basically a normal Greninja that copied his trainer´s style. After all this are news for the upcoming anime episodes and they wouldnt base a Mega for the games on a character from the anime that dosent show up on the games, also it looks exactly the same except for the hair part which seems like too little of a change for a mega.
Animechic420

PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2015 4:11 pm Reply with quote
All of Zygarde's forms don't even resemble a Dragon-Type in the slightest. :-/

I starting to wonder if it can fly...
JDude042

PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2015 4:28 pm Reply with quote
diefty wrote:
It´s not Mega Greninja, it´s Satoshi´s (Ash´s) Greninja, basically a normal Greninja that copied his trainer´s style. After all this are news for the upcoming anime episodes and they wouldnt base a Mega for the games on a character from the anime that dosent show up on the games, also it looks exactly the same except for the hair part which seems like too little of a change for a mega.

It says it achieves its form through the bond with its trainer being pushed to its limits. Sounds like the lore behind mega evolution from the games doesn't it? It says it also only happened once before several hundred years ago, which sounds similar to Mega Lucario in the X & Y games. Even if it's just "copying" his style, it seems to be acheived through what we know as mega evolution, hence why I called it Mega Greninja, despite the fact that a finalized version may look different if it comes into existence. I realize all this information is for the upcoming anime, but it wouldn't be a far cry to incorporate all of this into the next game installment, especially since we're due for another main series game soon. The next game will definitely be focusing on Zygarde and it makes sense for Game freak to give the Kalos starters mega evolutions this time around. No way they would tease all this information only to later announce the next main series game and it has nothing to do with any of this, especially since hackers found two unique and unlearnable moves in Zygarde's coding on XY, which he'll more than likely have access to in the next game.
ETX

PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2015 5:55 pm Reply with quote
JDude042 wrote:
diefty wrote:
JDude042 wrote:
It says it achieves its form through the bond with its trainer being pushed to its limits. Sounds like the lore behind mega evolution from the games doesn't it? It says it also only happened once before several hundred years ago, which sounds similar to Mega Lucario in the X & Y games. Even if it's just "copying" his style, it seems to be acheived through what we know as mega evolution, hence why I called it Mega Greninja, despite the fact that a finalized version may look different if it comes into existence. I realize all this information is for the upcoming anime, but it wouldn't be a far cry to incorporate all of this into the next game installment, especially since we're due for another main series game soon. The next game will definitely be focusing on Zygarde and it makes sense for Game freak to give the Kalos starters mega evolutions this time around. No way they would tease all this information only to later announce the next main series game and it has nothing to do with any of this, especially since hackers found two unique and unlearnable moves in Zygarde's coding on XY, which he'll more than likely have access to in the next game.

It seems people are forgetting about AZ's Floette, and how it was different in appearance to a regular Floette. Ash's Greninja is most likely in the same category as this. It's also been outright stated that it's is a form, not a mega evolution.

If it was a Mega Evolution, then why disguise the term with something else? Mega Evolution was coined over 2 years ago, it's nothing new that they should have to cover up.

Something to think about.
TsukasaElkKite

PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2015 9:02 pm Reply with quote
I KNEW THAT SATOSHI'S GEKOGASHIRA WOULD EVOLVE TO GEKKOUGA! I JUST KNEW IT!
Mr. Oshawott

PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2015 10:01 pm Reply with quote
My theory of Ash-Greninja is that its new form could lead it to learning a move that it couldn't learn in its normal appearance.
wohdin

PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2015 1:29 am Reply with quote
I have a feeling that that "change" will make its way into Pokemon Z in some fashion (which, by the way, there is *literally no way in the universe* that Pokemon Z isn't a thing that is going to happen eventually). I'd say at the most it will be a phenomenon limited to the final evolutions of the G6 starters, and there might be a different variation for each PC gender.

Of course, this is all just speculation, but really, it's either this or Mega Evolutions, so... make up your mind, Gamefreak :V
Cecilthedarkknight_234

PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2015 9:16 am Reply with quote
Mr. Oshawott wrote:
My theory of Ash-Greninja is that its new form could lead it to learning a move that it couldn't learn in its normal appearance.

Just a theory remember AZ from the XY games and his different colored floette? Well what if ash's Greninja has evolved this way, because of same bond that AZ has with his floette?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
leafy sea dragon

PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2015 1:35 pm Reply with quote
animechic420 wrote:
All of Zygarde's forms don't even resemble a Dragon-Type in the slightest. :-/

I starting to wonder if it can fly...

Well, Zygarde as we currently know it is Dragon/Ground. It can't fly.

There've also been really unconventional Dragon-type Pokémon in the past, like Altaria/Mega Altaria and Goodra. I don't know what Altaria is based on, but Goodra does have a basis in a snail-like dragon in French mythology as well as the tendency for European Medieval art to feature knights fighting snails.

wohdin wrote:
I have a feeling that that "change" will make its way into Pokemon Z in some fashion (which, by the way, there is *literally no way in the universe* that Pokemon Z isn't a thing that is going to happen eventually). I'd say at the most it will be a phenomenon limited to the final evolutions of the G6 starters, and there might be a different variation for each PC gender.

Of course, this is all just speculation, but really, it's either this or Mega Evolutions, so... make up your mind, Gamefreak :V

Well, they could release this Greninja as a promo and with a move Greninja can't normally learn, like with spiky-eared Pikachu. (I also predict a special TCG card of this Greninja.)
jr240483

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2015 10:52 am Reply with quote
Mr. Oshawott wrote:
I wonder if Zygarde's Formes really are inspired by Cell's transformations in Dragon Ball? The similarities seem apparent.

so you caught on to that too huh? its definitely the case considering that they blatantly took digimon's digivoloution and use it for their mega evolution.

it seems that PUSA and their japaneese parent company are running out of ideas for the franchise.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2