• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Pokémon XY & Z TV Anime's 1st Video, Story, Characters Posted

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ETX

PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2015 4:42 pm Reply with quote
Mr. Oshawott wrote:
kylewhisper4 wrote:
I was thinking Iris or maybe Cilan would show up around this time....guess not.

Pokémon XY did have a special episode that featured Iris visiting Blackthorn City to challenge Clair in her quest to become a Dragon Master. Sadly, The Pokémon Company never got around to airing it. Sad

No it didn't.

The Iris Special was from Best Wishes and was aired alongside an episode of Pokemon XY as part of a special.

When it comes to the dubbed version of the anime, The Pokemon Company don't dub the specials because their budget can't even afford them decent voice actors.

I'm looking at you, Cathcart.
Monster Hunter

PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2015 9:29 pm Reply with quote
AceLuffy4Ever wrote:
The only person i can see the mega Sceptile belonging to is Sawyer who i hope don't end up beating Ash with it in the league because Grovlye and Frogadier currently have a little rivalry going on.

One big argument against that is Shota/Sawyer is nowhere to be seen on the poster. Sceptile is smack dab in the middle of all of Ash's pokemon next to Ash. I did see Sawyer/Shota for a half second in the trailer but he just nowhere on the poster. Every other pokemon belongs to Ash, Serena, Clement, or Alain. Unlike in some posters there are no group of random pokemon you could say Sceptile is a part of he is just there with no trainer. You are right and it could be that kids it just comes off extremely weird in the posters to have Sceptile there and not be Ash's. One last point as to why it could be Ash's, while I don't watch the show anymore I just read synopsis of the episodes after they premiere, they seem pretty deadset against getting Ash a sixth pokemon. So bringing back a popular one that hasn't been used in a while makes sense. Lastly Sceptile who finish off a somewhat rounded team for Ash. He has an electric, fire, water, fighting, and dragon pokemon in his team add in grass it is a fairly well rounded team minus the huge weakness to electric for 4 out of 6 members of his team.
jr240483

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2015 10:48 am Reply with quote
ETX wrote:
Monster Hunter wrote:
I believe the Sceptile to be Ash's which would be cool to see him bring it back and be his first mega evolution pokemon.

Unfortunately, the Sceptile most likely belongs to Shota, who was also in the trailer.
Davy0 wrote:
So.... Greninja is basically going to be the BS take on how Ash won't have a Mega Evolution Pokemon possibly until the next season when a new Battle Frontier is made, and Ash gets Charizard back to fight in it. Watch what happens.

For those that still don't understand, it's undoubtedly going to be labeled as BS. However the logic behind this new form for Greninja is there and it's already so obvious. .

no kidding. its pretty obvious that this greninja will have the hidden ability protean. and from the looks on the description it's possible that lysandre might not end up being the leader of team flare like in the game. same with that elite four member.

also its pretty a given that satoshi's charizard will be the one to get the mega stone and its probably will be the Y Stone to counter Alan's X Stone.

Got a nasty feeling that Alan is the new Tobias when it's time for the Kalos League.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
FilthyCasual

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2015 3:24 pm Reply with quote
jr0904 wrote:
Got a nasty feeling that Alan is the new Tobias when it's time for the Kalos League.

That's impossible.

We've actually heard of Alain before the League tournament started.
jr240483

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2015 6:18 pm Reply with quote
FilthyCasual wrote:
jr0904 wrote:

That's impossible.

We've actually heard of Alain before the League tournament started.

actually its not impossible. just because we have heard of him before the league tournament started, doesnt mean it can happen.

Also what i meant is that there is a chance alan will not only enter the kalos league,but also be the one to defeat satoshi in the tournament.

Sure Alan MIGHT NOT get legendary pokemons like Tobias which is unlikely in itself, but its safe to say that there is a 50/50 chance he may enter the tournament and defeat satoshi.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
precita

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2015 9:04 pm Reply with quote
kylewhisper4 wrote:
Although I really wouldn't mind Misty or Brock to return.

Misty and Brock will probably never appear in the show again at this point.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2