• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: The Anthem of the Heart Anime Film's TV Ads Streamed

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jojothepunisher

PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2015 9:46 am Reply with quote
When people scream or talk in anime, why the f$ck do they have to make the character move their head so much like a schizophrenic instead of just letting them talk normally? It really gets on me.
Elves

PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2015 11:36 pm Reply with quote
I am really looking forward to this film. Can't wait to see it in the future.

jojothepunisher wrote:
When people scream or talk in anime, why the f$ck do they have to make the character move their head so much like a schizophrenic instead of just letting them talk normally? It really gets on me.

Believe it or not, but the native Japanese people I know are actually way more animated in their body language than what we're used to in the west. Granted the animation exaggerates this to an extent, but they really are animated when they talk! Professional interviews are just that - professional. So I don't really see them as "accurate" representations if you want to use them as comparisons. Smile
Razor/Edge

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2015 2:02 am Reply with quote
I keep seeing that scene in the second trailer and thinking that has to be some sort of spoiler. Unless it's a dream sequence or something (which I doubt). To me, it seems like something that would happen at the end of the movie. Like she got her voice back and is about to confess her feelings or something. I really hope that isn't the case, because if the trailer ruined something big, i'm gonna be pissed.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1