• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Studio Ghibli Named Asian Filmmaker of the Year at Busan Int'l Film Festival

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Razor/Edge

PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2015 2:03 am Reply with quote
Until I read the description of the award I was confused, since I didn't think Studio Ghibli had actually done anything this year.

But through the last few decades, they have definitely had a cultural impact on Japan. But now seems like a weird time to give them the award, since they really aren't doing anything right now, last thing I read.
Tenchi

PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2015 2:19 am Reply with quote
I get that it's for Studio Ghibli's accumulated body of work, but the Busan International Film Festival rewarding them for "Asian Filmmaker *of the Year*" is a little misleading in a year where they haven't made a single film.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
walw6pK4Alo

PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2015 12:13 pm Reply with quote
Unless they're talking more about within the year or abouts, and not just 2015, I guess this award means it's for Marnie. At least that's how I'll see it.
AnimeAddict2014

PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2015 3:03 pm Reply with quote
I enjoy watching all Stuido Ghibli movies.. especially Hayao's

I wish we have Studio Ghibli Collection available for purchase
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1