• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
GAME: Afro Samurai 2: Kuma's Revenge

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Themaster20000

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2015 1:21 pm Reply with quote
Can't say am surprised at it being this bad. Am wondering why they waited so long to even make a sequel,it's an IP no cares about anymore, and everything I saw by it look like a quick and cheap cash in.
Greed1914

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2015 4:10 pm Reply with quote
I'm not terribly surprised. When I saw the announcement for this, all I could think was, "Why?" Tie-in games have a tendency to be less than stellar, and a tie-in to something that faded away years ago probably didn't warrant a budget to make it decent.
Beatdigga

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2015 6:09 pm Reply with quote
You know, I always considered Afro to connect with viewers more than Champloo ever could. Ratings back that up.

But as for tie in games, yeah, what do you expect?
BadNewsBlues

PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2015 4:41 pm Reply with quote
Themaster20000 wrote:
Can't say am surprised at it being this bad. Am wondering why they waited so long to even make a sequel,

The last game much like the anime that inspired it didn't leave too much room for a sequel.....(though they made them anyway).

Quote:
The ghost of Kuma's childhood love

Jinno didn't have a childhood love he did have a sister though.
EnigmaticSky

PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2015 10:29 pm Reply with quote
Beatdigga wrote:
You know, I always considered Afro to connect with viewers more than Champloo ever could. Ratings back that up.

But as for tie in games, yeah, what do you expect?

Actually no, Champloo is better rated than Afro on ANN. Really, Champloo is far better remembered than Afro at the moment. It's more than just cool action with a hip-hop asthetic; it has interesting characters , it deals with content not particularly common in anime spoiler[ like when Jin falls for a prostitute who he meets when she is about to commit suicide ], it can go from being emotional to serene to "too cool to care" to tragic effortlessly, and just holds up well in general.

Honestly I found this review a little lacking. It felt more like a summary of playing the game than an analysis, although I guess the game doesn't exactly give you a lot to work with.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1