• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Yoko Kanno, Heroine's Voice Announced for New Macross

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Roy9076

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2007 1:20 pm Reply with quote
Cool!
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Romuska
Subscriber

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2007 3:38 pm Reply with quote
A new Gundam and a new Macross comming out. This is going to be pretty big. Personally I sticking with Macross since Gundam at this point is more about fan service than story. I really hope this series doesn't get caught up in licensing problems like Macross 7 and Zero.
hikura

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2007 4:11 pm Reply with quote
Haha Romuska you took the words right out of my mouth.Another macross series we will most likely not see.It does look really good.I just hope that we can get it here in america otherwise it will be another costly endeaver for me to get it(yes i do believe in actually buying stuff from japan,if unavailable here in america,that i want and will not download illegal torrents or similiar to get what i want).

Last edited by hikura on Sat Aug 18, 2007 8:50 pm; edited 1 time in total
johnmora

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2007 7:29 pm Reply with quote
Who's the other musical composer?
Kaguzuchi

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2007 10:28 pm Reply with quote
Woot, Macross is my favorite series. I'm glad they put a lot of emphasis for the new lead singer. Macross is made from three elements Good music, Valkyries, and Love triangles.
Mohawk52

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2007 1:32 am Reply with quote
I've re-read that serveral times, but I'm still not sure, does it mean that this installment will feature a return of Minmay?
Belldandy

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2007 1:55 am Reply with quote
*swoon* sounds wonderful! Can't wait to see/hear it!
pat_payne

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2007 2:56 am Reply with quote
Mohawk52 wrote:
I've re-read that serveral times, but I'm still not sure, does it mean that this installment will feature a return of Minmay?

I highly doubt it. Kawamori has pretty much said that it will be over his dead body that any of the three main characters from the original Macross series return for an encore, and Mari was invited more as a "passing of the torch" to the new voice actress more than anything, as well as to celebrate the show's 25th birthday by performing some of her best-known songs.
Kaguzuchi

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2007 4:25 am Reply with quote
Quote:
I highly doubt it. Kawamori has pretty much said that it will be over his dead body that any of the three main characters from the original Macross series return for an encore,

The voice actor for Hikaru Ichiyjo (Rick) past away. So yeah, thats not gonna happen.

However, they could make a reference to them Razz . Also to those in Macross 7 since they were the seventh floating exploratory city (cant remember what it was called) and Max and Miria are alive and well there. Its supposed to take place in 20XX which is 100 year period so its possible for the timelines to cross if it happens in the first 50 years or so Shocked
GospelX

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2007 1:06 pm Reply with quote
Kaguzuchi wrote:
[The voice actor for Hikaru Ichiyjo (Rick) past away. So yeah, thats not gonna happen.

To be fair, they don't need the original voice actor in order for the character to continue. In Macross II, which I understand no one wants to acknowledge, they had Minmei voiced by someone different. Then there are countless examples of classic characters voiced by new actors (Kenshiro from Fist of the North Star comes to mind). So, it's not the actor who determines the presence of a character but rather the creator.

Which is a shame, though. There are tons of people who would drop their loads upon hearing about a series featuring the Megaload/Megaroad.
Kaguzuchi

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2007 2:02 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
In Macross II, which I understand no one wants to acknowledge, they had Minmei voiced by someone different.

Was Minmei in Macross II?

Quote:
To be fair, they don't need the original voice actor in order for the character to continue.

I'd be pissed if they used a new voice actors to replace the original three characters..unless of course there like 50 years old or something at which point i would probably expect a drastic change in voice Shocked
Paploo

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2007 3:03 pm Reply with quote
Kaguzuchi wrote:
Quote:
In Macross II, which I understand no one wants to acknowledge, they had Minmei voiced by someone different.

Was Minmei in Macross II?

Quote:
To be fair, they don't need the original voice actor in order for the character to continue.

I'd be pissed if they used a new voice actors to replace the original three characters..unless of course there like 50 years old or something at which point i would probably expect a drastic change in voice Shocked

She appeared as a giant, holographic image singing "Banana Love on the Moon" in space. Why? It's earth's primary defense against invading aliens Anime smile And pretaped mind you......

The real Minmei was probably dead or realllly old at the time this anime was set mind you [one of the main characters is the granddaughter of a female Zentradi], and doesn't actually appear.
Mohawk52

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2007 5:07 pm Reply with quote
Okay I get what you guys are saying, but as we all should know, it wouldn't be the first time an anime character reappeared in the future due to some rift in the space-time continuum, or chryostacies (sic), or whatever sci-fi way of negating the aging process.
senseijoe

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2007 8:24 pm Reply with quote
I'm so excited!!! Yoko Kanno is my all time favorite composer and Shoji Kawamori is my all time favorite mecha designer. Kanno got me hooked on jazz and j-music. Kawamori worked on my "gateway" anime: Transformers. Very Happy
BlaqNumbr9

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2007 6:18 am Reply with quote
Forget all of that...this girl Megumi is cute!
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2