• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Senki Zesshō Symphogear (TV) (5 seasons).

Goto page Previous    Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2015 12:35 am Reply with quote
Season 3, Episode 9

So this season really is a lot about fathers. Wait! Don't tell me that it is treating Dr Ver as a father. Man the hammy doctor is back, and right when it looked like Carol was out of her depths that her plans might get ruined.

Honestly, I don't think Hibiki should have go through that father problem, but who knows.
Stark700

PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2015 3:48 pm Reply with quote
Season 3, episode 10:

So they were talking a bit about "poison" that as planned from the beginning by Carol. We also seem some glimpses of her past with Elfnein. Kinda felt bad that she was being used tbh....but that's just how it is.

Chris' teamwork with Shirabe and Kirika was pretty exciting although I wasn't too impressed by the overall fight. Guess we'll be getting the final climatic battle soon though. I also wonder if Hibiki's father will play some kind of role?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Philmister978

PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2015 4:59 pm Reply with quote
Stark700 wrote:
Guess we'll be getting the final climatic battle soon though. I also wonder if Hibiki's father will play some kind of role?

We're talking a 12-13 episode series, That's going to be a given.

I also predict that not everyone's going to make it out alive this season, assuming this is the last one, that is.

spoiler[I mean that last shot with the giant Leiur smashing the command sub seems like it's framed to where they're going to kill off half the cast. That whole poison thing seems like it'll come into play during the battle too from the looks of it.] Either way, next week should be an interesting one.

(As an aside, I was a little shocked that Ver was acting on his on volition in the episode. I was honestly convinced in his re-appearance the last episode that Carol had something to do with it. Nice to see he's still delusional after all this time though.)
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2015 6:43 am Reply with quote
Season 3, Episode 10

Chris went through a bit of a crisis there, she almost hit her teammates, kind of not like her when she was going overboard.

Ver was kind of funny for being Ver. Absolutely hammy where he thinks he is the good guy, almost a bit of his twisted controlling with the linker bit. And a scaredy cat when under attack. I was actually kind of enjoying him kind of running amok, especially with Carol kind of just as confused over him.

And what was that at the end? Did they just pull like that sort of thing where a super sentai monster goes big and the team has to call in some giant robot?
Stark700

PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2015 6:19 pm Reply with quote
Season 3, episode 11

I have some slight respect for Hibiki's father this episode.

He acted like a coward for some moments but redeemed himself by also risking his life to get Hibiki what she needed to power up. Carol's transformation made her quite powerful though which also really bought the action to full this week.

Very neat action! Also, GG Doctor Vers. I thought he got what he deserved and quite a fitting one as well. He'll never be a "hero" that he dreams to be.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2015 8:52 pm Reply with quote
You don't honestly think that's the last we've seen the Ver, do you? He'll pop up to muck things up at the end.

Overall I do think the drama with Hibiki's dad works, it just would have been stronger had it been alluded to in past seasons.
Stark700

PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2015 9:42 pm Reply with quote
Vaisaga wrote:
You don't honestly think that's the last we've seen the Ver, do you? He'll pop up to muck things up at the end.

He may but I'm hoping not.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2015 2:07 am Reply with quote
Season 3, Episode 11

Actually feels like the father thing has paid off, I did see it that his cowardly run was for him to find her gear. And then Hibiki has her awesome moment, well before Carol goes super strong, and we have most certainly entered the climax of the season.

Is it just me, or does it look like Carol has the Windows symbol on her head?

Weird, I was getting a bit afraid of Ver getting taken out because he is kind of fun when he is going nuts. And who saw the person at the end coming?
Philmister978

PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2015 12:54 am Reply with quote
Anyone else notice a distinct lack of an episode this week as of now?
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2015 8:29 am Reply with quote
Got delayed. It'll be out today.

To pass the time you could always listen to Carol's song over and over again like I've been doing Laughing
Stark700

PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2015 3:43 pm Reply with quote
Wow.

The transformation at the end of episode 12 this week was wonderful. Not sure which I liked the most but Maria, Tsubasa, and Chris stood out quite a bit:

Hyped for finale now.
I hope we also get a surprise or something.
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2015 4:57 pm Reply with quote
Honestly don't look much different from their X-Drives in G. You'd think these "GX" Drives would add some elements from their Ignite forms.

Carol's gonna have to pull something serious out of her ass if she's going to be a decent final boss now.
FenixFiesta

PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2015 5:48 pm Reply with quote
Oh symphogear, you always end your seasons in over the top events!
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2015 2:31 am Reply with quote
FenixFiesta wrote:
Oh symphogear, you always end your seasons in over the top events!

And this was a season that started with them flying on a spaceship and punching their way through a mountain.

Anyway comments with the episode. That crazy bastard, Dr Ver, managed to be a hero.

I have not seen a rainbow climax beam like that since Black Rock Shooter, and the season is not even done yet. There were actually a bunch of actual climax's in the episode, like where the other three took on their past, Maria not even flinching when it tried to look like her sister.

Wait, where is Miku during all this, Hibiki has to have her waifu.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Sat Sep 26, 2015 9:40 am Reply with quote
Season 3, Episode 13

So the episode was pretty wild, right? Although, it kind of matched my expectations. Everyone works together as we get a song switching between them as they are more powerful than usual, then they all join their powers together with Hibiki in the centre to drive it home. I will say I was kind of surprised by that destruction, and the feedback onto Carol. And we got enough time to really wrap it up, with some hints at further story, and Hibiki's father taking some steps. It was happy, but it was not overly sweet. We probably had not seen enough focus actually on Hibiki interacting with her family.

My overall opinion of the season. They kind of fell down in a few places, missing some chances to really add some punch, and yeah it kind of largely hit expectations. But it was not all that, it has kind of built itself over the previous two seasons, that you kind of just expect some certain things, and it does not largely disappoint. A highlight I would say of the season were the actual villains, the autoscorers were delightfully creepy. Actually only just found out that they were meant to represent parts of the tarot (coin, sword, cup, and wand), interesting I did not pick it up. Rather interesting with how they worked with Carol who did feel rather different compared to say Fine and Dr. Ver... who had a rather interesting moment. Actually Season 2 essentially had Fine kind of working to help, and this season had Ver doing something, so would a hypothetical season 4 have Carol come back in some way and sacrifice herself in some way? Just saying that I call it if it does.

So..... I enjoyed this, from the first season that seemed rather experimental, I think it has managed to fill these 3 seasons, and I would not mind seeing another. The character did mention that parts of the world were destabilised, and Elfnein would join as a full member that we can feel like is not largely being used for an evil plot, and likely not clutter as a fighter. Did not feel like enough Hibiki and Miku this episode. As a rating I will give the same as second season as Very good. I have liked the team of 6 of the other three joining the main cast just as Chris did for the second, and I think they managed to make the villain an interesting part.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 11 of 13