• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: The Seven Deadly Sins Manga Gets New TV Anime in 2016

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Stark700

PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2015 3:57 am Reply with quote
Interesting news.

I feel like it might get the World Trigger (like for Fall 2015) treatment but still excited to see more of Nanatsu no Taizai next year Very Happy.

The manga is still currently on an ongoing arc so this makes sense.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Sanyo

PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2015 4:21 am Reply with quote
Oh boy, season 2!
CrowLia

PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2015 4:33 am Reply with quote
Yeeeeeesss!! These are amazing news! I loved the anime and very recently caught up with the manga, hearing this makes me really excited! I am however a little worried because they made slight changes at the end of the anime that directly contradict some stuff that takes place immediately afterwards in the manga, so I have to wonder if they'll just ret-con it or how they're gonna work it out.

Also, I hope they mean something like summer-fall 2016, because the previous series covered up to volume 13 and the manga's currently just at volume 16, there's not remotely enough material and I really don't want them to mess it up with some anime original shit. I remain cautiously optimistic because the first series was great, so I really hope they don't mess it up.
crosswithyou

PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2015 4:35 am Reply with quote
I was watching Arslan Senki and waiting for an announcement for a second season of that at the end but was pleasantly surprised with an announcement for Nanatsu no Taizai instead. Looking forward to it!
DontmesswithKarma

PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2015 4:47 am Reply with quote
A-1 season 2's are always fantastic. Can't wait!
pajmo9

PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2015 4:52 am Reply with quote
Excited for this. Really enjoyed season 1.
KH91

PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2015 4:55 am Reply with quote
People expected more Arslan, but got SDS instead. lol

DontmesswithKarma wrote:
A-1 season 2's are always fantastic. Can't wait!

Best hope Season 2 of Denpa Kyoushi is not announced.
pandoraking

PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2015 5:00 am Reply with quote
not surprising since sales are pretty damn good. cant wait for this!!!
KutovoiAnton

PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2015 6:06 am Reply with quote
I think I'd prefer more Arslan, but this announcement is nice as well. Although I wonder what it will be about. The current arc is still ongoing and I'm not sure it will be over before a new series will start (I assume it will be after a new Gundam series)
MarshalBanana

PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2015 6:50 am Reply with quote
I've read the Manga, is the Anime good?
Snakebit1995

PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2015 7:07 am Reply with quote
Fantastic news, can't wait.

Curious to see what they'll do since the manga isn't far off from where they stopped, and the mangaka doesn't seem like he's gonna pick up the pace to much, he seems to enjoy relaxing flashbacks right now

they also had them leave town at the end which causes some slight issues with a progression point

spoiler[The fight between Diane and Gowther is supposed to be in the town, this helps to close the book on Guila and Gowther and get's Threader/Slader on the team's trip to Camelot]
Hameyadea

PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2015 7:09 am Reply with quote
Was it announced that it will be a sequel, or simply an animated show based on Nanatsu no Taizai? If the latter, it could be a prequel or a spin-off.
Hyperdrve

PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2015 7:27 am Reply with quote
I don't know if season 2 will be able to maintain the same feel and pace of season 1 because the manga has gone to crap. Nakaba Suzuki is well on his way to becoming just another corrupt mangaka in the shounen manga business. He once said that Nanatsu no Taizai would run approximately 30 volumes and that he already knew how the manga would end. Lately he's just been stalling story for no reason and also pulling stuff from seemingly no where. There's no need for further character development nor new characters, except for Escanor who has yet to be introduced in the main story. Suzuki now seems to be just following what the popularity polls say and the fanmail he gets. But these can be prone to spamming and I have my doubts of this being taken into consideration in Japan.

Also where the **** is Escanor? Is he going to be introduced as the final boss in volume 100? Hopefully the anime won't take its sweet time with completely reuniting the seven deadly sins.

Last edited by Hyperdrve on Sun Sep 27, 2015 8:18 am; edited 1 time in total
Chaos Wings

PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2015 8:17 am Reply with quote
Absolutely loved the 1st season easily one of the top 10 shows I've watched, so I am definitely up for more.

There's not a single character in the series I do not like they're all brilliantly unique. I honestly think Ban is legendary and when he's teamed up with Meliodas they're an absolute riot. Laughing

Imo Nanatsu no Taizai is almost faultless in striking the perfect balance between it's comedy and drama, (which always left me wanting more). Hopefully the 2nd season will be just as good/fun!
Zhou-BR

PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2015 9:08 am Reply with quote
Assuming the new Gundam show will run for at least two cours, this second season of Nanatsu no Taizai should premiere in April at the earliest. By then, I believe Suzuki will have generated enough material for another 24 episodes, but I hope there's a natural stopping point for the season to end on.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2