• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Bandai Namco Ent. to Release One Piece: Burning Blood PS4/PS Vita Game in 12 Languages

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Snakebit1995

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2015 3:19 am Reply with quote
I assume this means subtitle release like usual. I'm pretty sure Funimation has said they don't want to dub the games because it establishes voices far to early.

Last time they Dubbed a One Piece game they ended up Casting Franky almost 5 years in advance.
Deoxy360

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2015 3:49 am Reply with quote
Quote:
I assume this means subtitle release like usual. I'm pretty sure Funimation has said they don't want to dub the games because it establishes voices far to early

Plus all those VA's they need to pay and go over casting for characters that they are five years behind on now. We only just reached Amazon Lily/Impel Down.
MarshalBanana

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2015 7:52 am Reply with quote
I think they only localised Unlimited Adventure because they wanted to make an impact. As well as releasing the TV show, throw in a game and film as well.

Once they catch up they may start with the games, but it seems unlikely, they sell enough without a dub.
AceLuffy4Ever

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2015 8:14 am Reply with quote
OMG i was hoping that this finally means we get anther One Piece dub game, there is a reason why One Piece Unlimited adventure is herald as one of the best One Piece games
Suhaib Bryim

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2015 9:27 am Reply with quote
OMG finally i can finally play one piece on my XBOX 1, Thank you for bringing this to the XBOX 1!!. Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
AceLuffy4Ever

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2015 10:07 am Reply with quote
If you bringing it to the XBOX One, you might as well bring to the Wii U or even 3DS
VegetaEx

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2015 10:45 am Reply with quote
Looking forward to tis Game, love the One Piece Games. Will import it from Japan and then buy the Western Version Very Happy
Hypeathon

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2015 12:42 pm Reply with quote
Snakebit1995 wrote:
I assume this means subtitle release like usual. I'm pretty sure Funimation has said they don't want to dub the games because it establishes voices far to early.

Where and when did "Funimation", the company, say this as oppose to one particular person involved with One Piece from Funimation?
Primus

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2015 2:56 pm Reply with quote
AceLuffy4Ever wrote:
If you bringing it to the XBOX One, you might as well bring to the Wii U or even 3DS

3DS is too weak and UWR sold next to nothing on Wii U.
Snakebit1995

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2015 4:27 pm Reply with quote
Hypeathon wrote:
Snakebit1995 wrote:

Where and when did "Funimation", the company, say this as oppose to one particular person involved with One Piece from Funimation?

I meant Funimation as a general noon to refer to people involved in the production, not the company.
Tylerr

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2015 5:06 pm Reply with quote
AceLuffy4Ever wrote:

how do you figure that's a good idea? WiiU sold poorly so it has a small userbase and its very unlikely that that is going to be the only console they have.

so making it for the other 2 is a no brainer.

3ds is too weak.
CrownKlown

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2015 8:36 pm Reply with quote
Tylerr wrote:
AceLuffy4Ever wrote:

how do you figure that's a good idea? WiiU sold poorly so it has a small userbase and its very unlikely that that is going to be the only console they have.

3ds is too weak.

The xbox one averages a couple of hundred consoles sold a week in its home country, so if they are releasing this game in Japan for a console that probably does have a user based of more than a few thousand, they might as well release it on anything.

Even in the US and other countries, most people who like anime and therefore anime games, probably have the ps4. I can't imagine this selling too much on any of the announced consoles, but I figure the xbox will have the worst.
Tylerr

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2015 9:32 pm Reply with quote
CrownKlown wrote:
Tylerr wrote:
AceLuffy4Ever wrote:

3ds is too weak.

The xbox one averages a couple of hundred consoles sold a week in its home country, so if they are releasing this game in Japan for a console that probably does have a user based of more than a few thousand, they might as well release it on anything.

Even in the US and other countries, most people who like anime and therefore anime games, probably have the ps4. I can't imagine this selling too much on any of the announced consoles, but I figure the xbox will have the worst.

There's a difference between releasing a game that's already going to be made for na\eu and porting it over to a completely different console.
Hypeathon

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2015 3:35 am Reply with quote
Snakebit1995 wrote:
I meant Funimation as a general noon to refer to people involved in the production, not the company.

That's great, but that still didn't answer the other, more important part of my question being when and where anyone from Funimation stated what you said in your first post.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1