• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
The Fall 2015 Anime Preview Guide

Goto page Previous    Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Izanagi009

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2015 4:45 pm Reply with quote
Zac wrote:
Welcome to the 2015 Fall Anime Preview Guide thread!

Well, judging by the first show, the rest of the season makes me nervous

I am cautiously optimistic for Heavy Object and the new Gundam; just hope they don't screw it up for I have nothing else in this season

Last edited by Izanagi009 on Thu Oct 01, 2015 4:52 pm; edited 1 time in total
Saffire

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2015 4:46 pm Reply with quote
Izanagi009 wrote:
Zac wrote:
Welcome to the 2015 Fall Anime Preview Guide thread!

Well, judging by the first show, the rest of the season makes me nervous
The first show is almost always terrible. :p
Stark700

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2015 5:41 pm Reply with quote
Mixed thoughts about the Lance show so far but I have yet to watch Lupin III. Definitely going to check that out soon.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Via_01

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2015 5:47 pm Reply with quote
Lance: Eh, not good, not bad. I'll keep watching for a while to see where it goes.

And oh man, new season has already started, and I've yet to finish the shows I started last season. Someone please give my life a little bit more of free time.
Blankslate

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2015 6:07 pm Reply with quote
Lance N' Masques - 2.5/5
Not too bad. Not too good either. At least the direction is competent (something the Monogatari series could learn from).
maxwell3094

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2015 6:27 pm Reply with quote
Via_01 wrote:
And oh man, new season has already started, and I've yet to finish the shows I started last season. Someone please give my life a little bit more of free time.

I know that feeling. Normally im pretty good about keeping more stuff from entering my backlog but gah. In the end I still need to catch the last few eps of some summer shows.

Wheeeee its preview guide time! As I said in the fall series thread im excited for this season. The start of it seems a bit lackluster though sadly.
HelloBucket

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2015 6:48 pm Reply with quote
Lance N' Masques - Almost entirely boring. I wish the animation matched how pretty the color is. I want to believe the intrigues alluded to in the first episode will actually be intriguing, but the same episode gives me no reason to believe that.
zrnzle500

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2015 7:39 pm Reply with quote
Lance N Masques: Not too horrible. It didn't surprise me with the quality like the studio's Yuki Yuna but I didn't really expect it to. I like how they didn't lionize his white knight syndrome. I'm not sure I would have called him a pervert but his behavior after saving the JK was a bit creepy and certainly weird. He also seems to be embarrassed by his behavior, so he knows that his behavior is weird. The only one who doesn't view it as weird is the hero-obsessed 6 year old female lead, which makes sense. Only someone with a childish mindset would find that not creepy. Speaking of the girl, she certainly is cute. I could do without the loli nudity though. She's not that kind of cute.
ajr

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2015 8:33 pm Reply with quote
So we've got off to a smashing start. I'm guessing it'll actually be pretty easy for shows to pleasantly surprise me this fall, since most of the ones I'm actually looking forward to (Boku Dake ga Inai Machi, Gifting, Ajin, Gate S2 I guess, and supposedly A Silent Voice) seem to be scheduled for this winter.
FilthyCasual

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2015 9:27 pm Reply with quote
Hmm. Lance 'N Masques was inoffensive, but not particularly engrossing either. The music was nice enough, though, and Knight Lancer looked alright swinging around Rhondowhatever.

Or was it Rhonblargh?
meiam

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2015 11:06 pm Reply with quote
New season is here. Very Happy

So any guess about which anime will be the most controversial and cause this thread to become unreadable? Laughing

Anyway crossing my finger for a great mech show, like every season.
Hameyadea

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2015 3:09 am Reply with quote
The first show in Season got an almost-unanimous score of 2 Laughing

And that's the kick-off for ya Cool
jymmy

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2015 6:20 am Reply with quote
I didn't mind the art, and Makio at least was tolerable, but the storytelling of Lance N' Masques was painful. Nothing from Youtarou hiding behind the rock was connected by more than a broken thread of internal logic, and the characters ranged from painfully bland (Youtarou) to "oh god, they're going to say more things" (the maid and Youtarou's trio of friends). Gave it a 1.5.

I enjoyed Kamisama Minarai quite a bit more, although I kind of wanted to squash Mogutan. I hope the other Cocotama are less one-note shrillness and more cute critters. Would give it 2.5 if it were available to rate.
Olaole

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2015 8:10 am Reply with quote
The year was pretty bad so far anime-wise. Not as outright insulting as 2013, but still very lackluster and Fall doesn't seem really pormising either. Only Lupin and OPM are almost guaranteed to be good, which is a huge step down from the usual Fall seasons in the past years.

Anyway, Lance was really dull. 2/5 for not offering anything new and seemign tos truggle with its budget in the very first episode.
Key

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2015 11:40 am Reply with quote
Olaole wrote:
The year was pretty bad so far anime-wise. Not as outright insulting as 2013. . .

Um, what? How can you possibly consider 2013 "outright insulting?" While admittedly it didn't have much for "best of decade"-level shows, it had a plethora of good and very good ones.

Granted, the Fall season remains TBD, but I have found no shortage of worthwhile titles this year, either.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 2 of 37