• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
What did you just buy?

Goto page Previous    Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Industry -> Retail
View previous topic :: View next topic  
st_owly

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2015 9:07 am Reply with quote
Picked up My Little Monster 10, Skip Beat Omnibus 11, My Love Story5, A Silent Voice 3 and Alice in the Country of Hearts White Rabbit's Afternoon Tea 1.
Alan45
Village Elder

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2015 10:52 am Reply with quote
@lem

Thinking back, I can see the things you mention about Ubel Blatt, however they didn't bother me. It is basically a high action adventure story in a high fantasy background. I'm looking forward to reading volume 3.

I got way behind on Claymore, I've got all of them but have only read about the first half. I'm going to have to marathon that from volume 1.

I haven't paid any attention to One Punch Man, it doesn't seem my sort of story.

The Ancient Magus Bride seems to be coming out about as fast as manga usually does. We got volume 1 in May, volume 2 in August and volume 3 is solicited for December. It is an excellent series, sort of low key and mysterious. Apparently based on Celtic magic. We should get three or four volumes next year.
st_owly

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2015 5:10 pm Reply with quote
I need to get The Ancient Magus' Bride at some point.... So many people have been speaking highly of it.
OldCharlieStoletheHandle

PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2015 4:53 am Reply with quote
Well, I had another brain fart a while ago. I was looking at my sets of the various arcs of Monogatari Second Season and wondering where Tsukimonogatari was. I looked all over the living room, then tried looking on my TRSI order history to see when I ordered it. Not finding it there I looked up the release date-9/15/2015. D'oh, I never bought it in the first place, so I ordered it. I really need to be careful now that TRSI has "improved" their site.
Kruszer

PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2015 6:34 am Reply with quote
Brynhildr in the Darkness Complete Colection BD

Claymore Vol. 27
st_owly

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2015 2:44 pm Reply with quote
Picked up Chiro Star Project 1-2 and The Devil is a Part-Timer novel 2.
Ggultra2764
Subscriber

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2015 4:59 pm Reply with quote
Got confirmation that Orguss is being shipped out via Rightstuf today.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
zawa113

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2015 8:13 pm Reply with quote
Attention my Tezuka peeps (and you know who you are!), just pledged $70 for three hardcover vols of Wonder 3

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/digitalmanga/help-publish-wonder-3-by-osamu-tezuka-creator-of-a?mc_cid=422820d89d&mc_eid=6d7f6248ee
OldCharlieStoletheHandle

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2015 3:19 pm Reply with quote
My laptop quit last night and I figured by the time I get it repaired/replaced the Sentai sale at TRSI will be over. I decided to try ordering with my smartphone since the big "improvement" was supposed to make it more mobile-friendly. Yeah, boy. Anyway, I was able to order No Game, No Life Collector's Edition Blu-ray/DVD. I was actually impressed with the amount of stuff (some of which may actually be useful) and I thought it was a good deal at the price. As an example, I paid about $40-50 more for Nisemonogatari (TRSI price) and that had 1 less episode and nowhere near the amount of extras in this set (and of course no English dub).
lem

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2015 4:56 pm Reply with quote
^also made my pledge for "Wonder 3" and more of Mr. Tezuka's works through digitalmanga.

143 backers
$12,291 pledged of $46,500 as of this post

A baseball style tee will be nice to have for next spring so I went for Nokko. But now that I think about it It'd be nice to have some of that Cel art and the journal so I'll probably adjust my pledge.

@Alan45
Probably should've mentioned Zeiras earlier. That horse had me laughing out loud. So yeah, for lack of better words, comical, trashy goodness on my part.

Of course a little backstory for Köinzell to explain his situation and appearance has been most welcome. Have completed 0 & 1, and Vol 3 of Über Brat Übel Blatt Anime catgrin (couldn't resist) arrived yesterday. Waiting for 4, and 5's already been pre-ordered.

For Claymore -spoiler[ it was great seeing how all the various beings were at different levels but now that I know what to expect I wouldn't have that same page turning urge to see what's next] The new box set is tempting.

Wish one was available for One-Punch Man. I'm only two volumes in but I've already pre-ordered up to six.

spoiler[Main character Saitama is just your easy going, average guy, job hunting no less. But as luck would have it he has had a fateful encounter with another character that had been napping. For that I couldn't help but be reminded of a scene from Solanin (of which I recently revisited since more works have been translated for 2016 yay!!). As well as one from "Strawberry Marshmallow", along with "Photon, the Idiot Adventures" to boot. There's the making of another for 'the list' from those, I'm calling it now The List, "A certain magical marker, The 10 best uses of a sharpie in an anime/manga title.

Saitama also happens to have trained so hard that he lost his hair. In his own words he's "someone who's a hero for fun". Little things like visible text on a sweater, and the where and when it appears just wink at you throughout this. ]
They're having fun with it all and so am I. Very glad to have given this one a chance.

The Ancient Magus' Bride -
Agreed. Just excellent.
I'm certain I'd be kicking myself later on if I had passed this one up and ended up paying OOP prices for anything from it. So far, I'm really enamored of the setting and the characters here. Elias Ainsworth the thorn mage, and Chise Hatori the orphan and then an apprentice who is also a..., the Dragons, fairies, Angelica Purley. All are instant favorites.
Love the artwork, the pace of it all, the world. Haven't been this pleased since Spice & Wolf. Now if it gets really dark or gets all weird on me I may be whistling a different tune, until such time...*

4 and 5 also pre-ordered.

*won't resort to other means to find out either. I've got more than plenty of other titles to enjoy meanwhile. Totally okay with waiting for it as it's released.
Alan45
Village Elder

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2015 6:29 pm Reply with quote
That's right, I was going to keep posting here.

Wednesday from the comic shop I received:
Kokoro Connect volume 5
My Little Monster volume 10
A Silent Voice volume 3
So Cute It Hurts volume 3

I also have an order in from RACS but I'll report that when they come in.
DuchessBianca

PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2015 1:32 am Reply with quote
My manga's and SAO II box set came in the other day.

Ordered the Hanayamata and Tamako Market blurays as part of rightstufs Sentai sale.

Someone recently told me that NISA lost the license to the Anohana series (If anyone can confirm or deny that) and rightstuf also lists it as out of print so I rushed to check the NISA store and they did indeed have some left so I ordered a copy of the standard edition.

Lastly rightsuf mentioned that the Persona 4 CE was out of stock and they'd wouldn't get anymore shipment of it which is weird because it technically only officially released 4 days ago and every other Sentai CE is still instock but amazon.com lowered the price to $80.49 and I'd rather not risk it going OOP so I ordered a copy there.
Alan45
Village Elder

PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2015 8:06 am Reply with quote
DuchessBianca wrote:
Quote:
Someone recently told me that NISA lost the license to the Anohana series

According to the weekly RACS (Roberts Anime Corner Store) newsletter, he has received official notice from NISA that the licenses for both Anohana and Occult Academy have expired. He reported that both titles were in stock when the newsletter was sent.
Supermutant

PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2015 6:17 pm Reply with quote
Cabin in the Woods
Chucky - The Complete Collection
Ghostbusters 1 & 2 -- Blu-ray
Ju-on: White Ghost & Ju-on: Black Ghost
Let the Right One In
Poltergeist - Extended Cut - (2015) -- Blu-ray
Scream - Blu-Ray 5 Film Set -- Blu-ray

Also pre ordered for my nephew for christmas:
Dragon Ball Z: Resurrection 'F' - (2015) -- Blu-ray
Alan45
Village Elder

PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2015 6:30 pm Reply with quote
Friday I received from RACS

Descendants of Darkness complete collection DVD

Beyond the Boundary complete collection Bluray (standard edition)
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Industry -> Retail All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 1220 of 1400