• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Accel World Novels Inspire New Accel World: Infinite Burst Anime

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
GrayArchon

PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2015 3:44 am Reply with quote
SilverTalon01 wrote:
What the... why the hell would they do this... Did season 1 actually do that poorly?

Season 1 did pretty solidly.

Personally I'm waiting for more details before forming an opinion to make sure that nothing's been garbled in transit by word choice, etc.

Assuming they are indeed planning an anime original story with the author's help, I'd imagine they'd be doing it because they decided expanding the franchise was more desirable. The setting of the series is a relatively rich one. There's no need to lock themselves to the events of the novels. Coming up with events happening elsewhere, or events that take place in time the series skipped over without remark, is relatively easy. Doing this would make it so fans would need to watch the anime to get the story, rather than just go "oh, I already read the novels".
Crystalyn
ANN Managing Editor

PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2015 3:57 am Reply with quote
Alabaster Spectrum wrote:
The trailer just showed the original cast plus Ardor Maiden from the later books. It looks like ANN **** up on the report.

Actually, the Dengeki Bunko editor specifically said at the event that the new anime will add new characters. We had a staff member at the event and they confirmed this. However, since we realize that the way we worded the article could be interpreted as though the anime will only feature new characters, we have reworded it to note that the anime will "add" new characters. We apologize if our wording caused any misinterpretation.
natchu96

PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2015 4:09 am Reply with quote
Well that probably makes a bit more sense.

(Go, Mei-san, burn everything to the ground!)
Ali07

PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2015 4:25 am Reply with quote
So, this series will end up introducing anime original characters, but the main cast of characters are still the focus of the series?

Will wait until more info is out there. Not sure if I would really want to follow a story that might not be a direct continuation of the first season.
dark13

PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2015 4:28 am Reply with quote
Crystalyn wrote:
Alabaster Spectrum wrote:
The trailer just showed the original cast plus Ardor Maiden from the later books. It looks like ANN **** up on the report.

Actually, the Dengeki Bunko editor specifically said at the event that the new anime will add new characters. We had a staff member at the event and they confirmed this. However, since we realize that the way we worded the article could be interpreted as though the anime will only feature new characters, we have reworded it to note that the anime will "add" new characters. We apologize if our wording caused any misinterpretation.
that really makes it sound like a TV anime
noobster

PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2015 4:41 am Reply with quote
Thought it's the sequel of the animu but it's an original story. Why Reki Kawahara?
48 Rices

PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2015 4:42 am Reply with quote
Hameyadea wrote:
ANN wrote:
Kawahara is writing the story for the original new anime, and it will feature new characters.

Wait, so will this new anime project feature a completely original story, and not be based on the content in the LNs? If so, I'm kinda scared, because even if the author himself is part of the creative process, past experiences has thought me that it more-often-than-not will be sub-par to a work that is based off the source material (Kuroshitsuji II is one such example).

I hope that my worries will be unfounded.

Ah, Kuroshitsuji II... Thanks for making me remember that. The first anime also have some original stories like Pluto and such. They went back to the main story since the book of circus and murder, gonna see when will they go on with the Campania and Weston arc since we will see one big surprise there.
gustave154

PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2015 5:49 am Reply with quote
Is this is a reboot? Why not just make season 2??
Kruszer

PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2015 6:28 am Reply with quote
Weird, but something is better than nothing.
Kougeru

PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2015 8:13 am Reply with quote
As long as there's Chiyu, I'm happy.

Scary thought on how fast time is going....by the time this airs it will have been at least 4 years since the first one aired.
monkeysrumble

PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2015 8:23 am Reply with quote
What's with all the spin-offs of anime that need a second season. Confused
maxwell3094

PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2015 8:24 am Reply with quote
I saw this and was about to be so happy just like the Rewrite announcement. Then I actually read the article. Now...now im just sad. So very very sad. Reki why would you do this to us? Sad
Zhou-BR

PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2015 8:42 am Reply with quote
Judging by the trailer's animation quality, I assume this is a movie. Otherwise, it wouldn't make sense for them to have Kawahara come up with an original story instead of simply adapting a few more volumes of the light novel series.
Hameyadea

PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2015 10:50 am Reply with quote
Just saw the trailer. Didn't at the end there the cast said "Unlimited Burst" instead of "Infinite Burst"?
TsukasaElkKite

PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2015 11:10 am Reply with quote
YESSSSSSSSS
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3