• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Accel World Novels Inspire New Accel World: Infinite Burst Anime

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kotelo_

PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2015 1:21 pm Reply with quote
This doesn't look like the LN at all, they're going full anime original, skipping key scenes and adding characters from later volumes.

As usual, AW getting shitted on and only getting adapted for pity.

Just let it die already. I wanted more AW, but not like this.
KH91

PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2015 1:58 pm Reply with quote
We must stand up and fight this. How does one decide to go anime original instead of next canon season? We've already had a few of these recently. I am now expecting this with Index III now...because why not?

spoiler[reaction is based off article like everyone else lol]

Hameyadea wrote:
ANN wrote:
Kawahara is writing the story for the original new anime, and it will feature new characters.

Wait, so will this new anime project feature a completely original story, and not be based on the content in the LNs? If so, I'm kinda scared, because even if the author himself is part of the creative process, past experiences has thought me that it more-often-than-not will be sub-par to a work that is based off the source material (Kuroshitsuji II is one such example).

I hope that my worries will be unfounded.

Wink
Lynx Amali

PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2015 2:04 pm Reply with quote
As long as the spoiler[Sixth Chrome Disaster] arc happens, I'll be fine.

Excited nonetheless. Enjoyed AW much, much more than SAO. It's a shame that the former gets more attention as AW shows how far Reki's come as a writer. Accel's setting is a lot more interesting, IMO.
SilverTalon01

PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2015 2:52 pm Reply with quote
Hameyadea wrote:
Just saw the trailer. Didn't at the end there the cast said "Unlimited Burst" instead of "Infinite Burst"?

Because "Unlimited Burst" is a game command.

Maybe this is a movie and not a tv series? A movie with original content makes sense. Index did it. I really don't get why they wouldn't want to adapt the next novels if they did a tv series. Some one said that AW S1 did well, and the novels that come next are way better than the currently adapted ones.
GrayArchon

PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2015 3:35 pm Reply with quote
SilverTalon01 wrote:
Maybe this is a movie and not a tv series? A movie with original content makes sense. Index did it. I really don't get why they wouldn't want to adapt the next novels if they did a tv series. Some one said that AW S1 did well, and the novels that come next are way better than the currently adapted ones.

If it was a movie, I'd expect they'd just announce it as such form the start. That leaves either a TV series, or some OVAs.
Emerje

PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2015 3:51 pm Reply with quote
If this is really using characters from later in the novels then I'm going to pass on it. As much as I like AW I'm currently reading the LNs and don't want anything about the new characters spoiled for me. Now if this were a properly adapted sequel like the first season adaptation then I'd be happy to watch, but I'm not watching something that'll certainly be full of spoilers

Emerje
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Ali07

PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2015 11:18 pm Reply with quote
Hmm, looking at the PV, looks like this will be a movie and not a TV anime series. Might just skip it then.

I like AW much more than I do SAO, so I'm still disappointed that AW isn't getting another TV anime adaption.
SilverTalon01

PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2015 1:49 am Reply with quote
Ali07 wrote:
I like AW much more than I do SAO, so I'm still disappointed that AW isn't getting another TV anime adaption.

I'd lean towards AW as well. I really like the SAO game worlds and how he incorporates a rather large amount of actual mmo mechanics, but for the whole series I think the characters are less interested and the plots way more repetitive. There is only so many times I can actually be impressed by Kirito ending up in a new game world and completely stomping everyone/everything with his awesomeness until the final boss. The only thing I really thought was a drag about AW was the MC, but he gets better over time. I might rate SAO:Progressive higher than AW though.

If this is just a movie or OVA though, we might still have hope for the next batch of novels getting adapted for season 2.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3