• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Mobile Suit Gundam: Iron-Blooded Orphans Anime Listed With 25 Episodes

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Nyren

PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2015 9:19 pm Reply with quote
It's weird that the English Sub version on Gundam Info is region locked, and not to the US.
Kadmos1

PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2015 9:26 pm Reply with quote
As long as there's a good developed romance where the lead guy ends with the lead girl (I know that that normally isn't the case with Gundam), I don't really care how the series ends. Yes, I am one of those fans who often puts the shipping above all else.
NuGaiNM7

PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2015 9:29 pm Reply with quote
Another 25 episode Gundam show, huh? It's always been a tradition for Gundam shows to be more that 25 episodes long. It'll kinda be good for the show (gets to the plot quicker, no 'fillers', etc.) but hopefully the writers have enough time to plan the plot out in 25 episodes. I don't want another Valvrave where all the plot gets squished into the last 10-15 minutes or another G-Reco where the plot seemed too confusing and rushed (among other problems).
KH91

PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2015 9:44 pm Reply with quote
2nd season hasn't been ruled out yet, so who knows.
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2015 10:33 pm Reply with quote
With 00 they announced a 2nd season from the get go. It could still get one if the first 25 episodes does well but like Build Fighters they'll likely be separate stories.

All anime these days have been reducing episodes counts so it's no surprise Gundam follows suit.
SilverTalon01

PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2015 11:03 pm Reply with quote
Vaisaga wrote:
With 00 they announced a 2nd season from the get go. It could still get one if the first 25 episodes does well but like Build Fighters they'll likely be separate stories.

All anime these days have been reducing episodes counts so it's no surprise Gundam follows suit.

The way it is worded on the official site doesn't sound like it is intentionally split-cour like 00. Could possibly be they will add a subtitle to the name like Code Geass R2, but I wouldn't count on it. Like you said, longer series are less frequent now because they are more risky. With the last 2 main series bombing, it makes sense they would be fairly risk averse with the next one.
KutovoiAnton

PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2015 12:14 am Reply with quote
It was pretty obvious, considering it's timeslot.
Shirohae

PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2015 12:26 am Reply with quote
GOOD!
the-antihero

PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2015 1:16 am Reply with quote
Oh FFS! A measly 25 cannot possibly cover a huge Gundam story. I hope they announce a 2nd season because 25 episodes is way too short.
AnimeAddict2014

PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2015 5:15 am Reply with quote
this is the first gundam series for me

rewatched the same episode 3-4x (mostly the action parts)

didn't expect the brawn is the little guy Laughing
Majin Tenshi

PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2015 6:50 am Reply with quote
Humm 1 Eps only on bluray in this day and age ? Confused

Anyway i wonder if the release will have English sub ?
Hikarunu

PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2015 7:13 am Reply with quote
25 episodes is better so they can take time to do steady and not rushed job especially on plot
Cptn_Taylor

PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2015 8:31 am Reply with quote
the-antihero wrote:
Oh FFS! A measly 25 cannot possibly cover a huge Gundam story. I hope they announce a 2nd season because 25 episodes is way too short.

A 25 episode series lasts 6 months. If you cannot tell a finished polished story in 6 months then you've got a bigger problem than just the number of episodes.
And for the record, a 50 episode Gundam tv series is always, always 20 episodes too much. It's no wonder all Gundam tv shows (Gundam 0079, Z, ZZ, Victory, even Turn A, Seed and Destiny) have tens of episodes that are fillers, or simply meandering episodes with no purpose at all.
Kadmos1

PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2015 9:05 am Reply with quote
Hey, 25 is better development than 12-13. That means a good almost half year with a Gundam series.
Zetabag

PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2015 10:49 am Reply with quote
Cptn_Taylor wrote:
the-antihero wrote:

A 25 episode series lasts 6 months. If you cannot tell a finished polished story in 6 months then you've got a bigger problem than just the number of episodes.
And for the record, a 50 episode Gundam tv series is always, always 20 episodes too much. It's no wonder all Gundam tv shows (Gundam 0079, Z, ZZ, Victory, even Turn A, Seed and Destiny) have tens of episodes that are fillers, or simply meandering episodes with no purpose at all.

Depends on the size and scope of the story. While it is true that no Gundam series has ever made full use of its 50 episode count I feel that most Gundam stories would have a hard time fitting into only 25 episodes. 35-40 episodes is probably what most Gundam TV series would need if you wanna eliminate filler but unfortunately that's just not how the industry works.

To be honest, I prefer 50 episodes to 25 episodes because I would much rather have a drawn out but complete story rather than a rushed story that is incomplete. At the very least filler can still be entertaining.

However, if they do go with two 25 episode seasons I hope they don't wait till near the end of season 1 to green light season 2. This usually results in shoe-horned cliffhanger that the writers will have no idea how to continue in the next season. Either decide early on if you want 50 episodes so writers can plan accordingly or just go with 25 episodes.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2