• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Saint Seiya Next Dimension Manga Resumes in December

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
falcon.punch

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2015 5:06 pm Reply with quote
Finally!
GVman

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2015 5:23 pm Reply with quote
I wonder how much longer we'll be in this "1800s Sanctuary arc" business? I'm ready for Zeus to rear his head and for things to take off. Maybe the Ophiuchus Gold Saint will factor into this?
RitsuLaw

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2015 6:40 pm Reply with quote
man, I even forgot this manga existed tbh; the last time I checked it out was in 2013 I think, and I really hope it got better.
NateSelwyn25

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2015 3:06 am Reply with quote
30 years, and he still hasn't finished the darned thing. Next Dimension isn't a sequel series, it's a direct continuation of the story, which was cancelled before it could be finished. There were originally to be five arcs: The False Pope(fan term for the arc from the start up until the Pope's defeat), Poseidon, Hades, Heaven(dealing with various Olympians) and an unnamed final arc dealing with the resurrection of Kronos and Rhea. Next Dimension is supposed to bridge Hades and Heaven arcs.....But it was started 9 years ago and still does not seem close to being finished.
DarkLordDragon

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2015 10:30 am Reply with quote
NateSelwyn25
Yeah its true and IIRC after the Chronos' Saga it was supposed to be the Chaos Saga.

Anyway can't wait for this to resume, the only issue I have with ND, is the amount of repetition we see in the manga compared to original manga. I mean c'mon Kurumada-sensei move on and come up with more interesting and original stories stop copying yourself forever ;P
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
IceKirby

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2015 5:39 pm Reply with quote
I can stand some plot repetition (there are new elements being slowly introduced anyway), but I wish at least the Gold Saints had different abilities.

NateSelwyn25 wrote:
There were originally to be five arcs: The False Pope(fan term for the arc from the start up until the Pope's defeat), Poseidon, Hades, Heaven(dealing with various Olympians) and an unnamed final arc dealing with the resurrection of Kronos and Rhea.

Wow, I always thought Zeus would be the final arc. Was that said by Kurumada himself? It got me curious, but at the current pace I doubt those 2 last arcs will actually get finished.
CHILLVIBEZZ

PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2015 10:59 am Reply with quote
I hope to God that next dimension wraps up quickly.
From what i know the series should have 3 more sagas.
Zeus saga > Cronus and Rhea saga > And finally the chaos saga however the chaos saga unlike the others isnt certain but he's definitely going to be introduced since he's been mentioned in episode G.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1