• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
how u get really cool avatars like EMY23-23 his is cool

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Bugs & Technical Questions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
trippleslasher///

PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2003 10:03 am Reply with quote
i dont now how to get a good avtar like EMY23-23 his is animated so it moves thats so cool! i need help to find or a place to make a animated avtar. ill cry if u dont help me! Anime cry

spoiler[dont think i am a baby i trying to be funny]
Louie-kun

PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2003 12:44 pm Reply with quote
Do a search on google for anime avatars. You're sure to find some animated avatars. BTW,spoiler[you don't need to use the spoiler tag if you're not spoiling anything! Sad ]
trigunner

PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2003 5:17 pm Reply with quote
I made my own one. [i'm talented aren't I]
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
space clam

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2003 8:41 pm Reply with quote
Yeah, me too. Laughing I'm trying to do a cool one of Griffith's eye, but my file size doesn't change even though the picture gets smaller... Crying or Very sad
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger ICQ Number
rage-demon

PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2003 3:16 am Reply with quote
If you can't find an animated avitar that you like, but you would like to make your own, do a search on "how to animate gifs". Or you can go here to see one such page that i found.

space clam wrote:
Yeah, me too. Laughing I'm trying to do a cool one of Griffith's eye, but my file size doesn't change even though the picture gets smaller... Crying or Very sad

I've had similar situations, but i was able to use Photoshop to make mine. But even when i cropped the original image and got the size down to the 80x80 pixel requierment, the file was still too big. I had to use an option in Photoshop that allows you to save an image for the web. Basically it gives you options that let you reduce the quality and/or the amount of colors. After tweeking the colors around, it was the perfect file size. Most likely that's what you'll have to do for your image if it still isn't the right file size.
Samurai CDZ

PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2003 10:33 am Reply with quote
space clam wrote:

As long as you save it as as .gif it should be small enough in size. Make sure you saved it as a .gif.

Tempest wrote up the basics of how to create your own avatar a while ago.
space clam

PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2003 6:46 pm Reply with quote
Unfortuantely, my computer is incapable of creating .gif's. Yes, my computer is about 8 or 9 years old now. The only type of art program on my computer is the Paint that came with Windows 95. (1st edition) I considered downloading a new type of program, but found I couldn't due to 1)28.8K dial-up connection 2)32 megabytes of RAM 3)Almost no space left on the 3 gigabyte hard drive. So, unless someone out there knows how to work my dinosaur of a program, Bob has to stay.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger ICQ Number
Carol Maxwell

PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2003 6:30 pm Reply with quote
How do you find out if it's 80X80 using paint? The whole trial and error thing is getting evil. Sad
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
rage-demon

PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2003 6:38 pm Reply with quote
Yes, that is indeed a pain. That's only one of the many reasons why Photoshop is so nice. But one thing you can do is copy another image that is 80x80 (such as someone's avitar) and use that to compare with. If you aren't sure whether someone's avitar is 80x80, right click on the image and click on "properties"

If this doesn't help, send me a private message and i'll see if i can provide some additional help. Anime smile
Carol Maxwell

PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2003 7:13 pm Reply with quote
Ah! That helps a lot, thank you very much! Surprised
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
ZahmiraV

PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2003 1:47 am Reply with quote
Carol Maxwell wrote:
How do you find out if it's 80X80 using paint? The whole trial and error thing is getting evil. Sad

If you hit Ctrl-E or go to Image and then Attributes it will give you the hight and width in pixels.

I am the paint master!
rage-demon

PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2003 2:15 am Reply with quote
ZahmiraV wrote:
Carol Maxwell wrote:

If you hit Ctrl-E or go to Image and then Attributes it will give you the hight and width in pixels.

I am the paint master!

Unfortunately if you change the image attributes so it's a smaller size, it cuts off part of the image instead of resizing it. While I admit that this is an easy way to find out what 80x80 pixels looks like in paint, it can be a pain when you are trying to resize the image without accidentally cropping or distorting the image. But still, I’m sure this will help those who use paint ^_~
Carol Maxwell

PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2003 11:22 am Reply with quote
ZahmiraV wrote:
Carol Maxwell wrote:

I am the paint master!

That helps out even more! Surprised
ZahmiraV

PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2003 12:32 am Reply with quote
Carol Maxwell wrote:
Unfortunately if you change the image attributes so it's a smaller size, it cuts off part of the image instead of resizing it.

If you want to resize, you're better off using Ctrl-W or Image then Stretch/Skew. I ment to use the Attributes only to find out the current size of the picture, sorry if that was confusing.

Stretch/Skew is a bit of a trial and error. But it's faster than guessing then trying to upload. If you make the image too small or it's still to big, just undo (Ctrl-Z) and try again. This is better than continuously resizing until it's the right size, it saves on the quality of the picture.
Carol Maxwell

PostPosted: Sat Dec 20, 2003 12:59 am Reply with quote
It works a lot better then guess and check! Surprised
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Bugs & Technical Questions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2