• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
The Fall 2015 Anime Preview Guide

Goto page Previous    Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rederoin

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2015 4:56 pm Reply with quote
dtm42 wrote:

I don't know why you lied but it really doesn't matter. Don't do it again or I'll report you. Or, if you feel you must lie because of a pathological compulsion, then do so in the VDM discussion thread, which - trust me - is not a place I'm likely to go.

Haha, are you [expletive] serious?
I really did make a good choice by not taking you seriously. But atleast it makes good entertainment.

I think this is the first time i've seen somebody be this salty over sarcasm.
dtm42

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2015 5:44 pm Reply with quote
^
As I said, you were using sarcasm to misrepresent (i.e. lie about) what I said. That's not cool.

You wouldn't be happy if I did the same to you.

How about you grow up.
Key

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2015 6:42 pm Reply with quote
Enough, both of you. This is a pretty pointless argument.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Hameyadea

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2015 6:53 pm Reply with quote
@Key
I remember that you wrote that you are pretty much the only reviewer to cover Hidan no Aria AA. With the episode now available on FUNimation's site, will this episode be covered still, or is it too late?
Key

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2015 9:09 pm Reply with quote
Hameyadea wrote:
@Key
I remember that you wrote that you are pretty much the only reviewer to cover Hidan no Aria AA. With the episode now available on FUNimation's site, will this episode be covered still, or is it too late?

Doesn't look like it's going to happen. A series review when the season is done is likely, though.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
HaruhiToy

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2015 11:37 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
Cross Ange proved that a messy start for a trashy series like this could be survived and improved upon, and indeed the action component already isn't bad, so I will give this one some time to see if it shows merits. Right now, though, it isn't looking too promising.

Well roger that. (pun intended).

I don't really want to pick a fight over it but I think Cross Ange was definitely operating at a much higher level than VDM in the first episode. Other than the infamous prison entry scene (which I maintain wasn't really a sex scene but a troll that snared quite a few) Cross Ange wasn't rolling in the hay the way VDM is.

Which brings up a question it made me think of. I know that the business where sexual arousal results in the activation of powers is a pretty well used trope, but has it been used enough that it could be considered a genre all its own?
Hameyadea

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2015 11:40 pm Reply with quote
Key wrote:
Doesn't look like it's going to happen. A series review when the season is done is likely, though.

Sweet Smile
varmintx

PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2015 12:45 am Reply with quote
I'm usually in-tune with ANN's staff when it comes to the Preview Guide, but this season, I went the opposite way on both the shows I watched. I found One-Punch Man moderately enjoyable for the most part, but started to zone-out towards the end as he was "one-punching" an endless sea of things.

On the other hand, I found The Perfect Insider very enjoyable. I loved the conversations and the way they kept getting interrupted by other conversations. I mean, I have absolutely no idea where the show's going with any of it, but I'm quite interested to find out.
Shippoyasha

PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2015 6:07 am Reply with quote
Sorry, but I totally disagree with that assessment. I'd say they should have gone the way this show did with the action upon action premise and get it going instead of lingering at a storytelling pacing as of yet. Also, we may still get snippets of story throughout the series. Still, as far as over the top ecchi and action goes, I thought it was great.

I think people are really undercutting just how good the action looks. It's actually one of the better animated shows of the season.
Kadmos1

PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2015 7:51 am Reply with quote
I'm curious as to what/if any of the simulcasts the ANN staff here wants a broadcast dub of.
darkchibi07

PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2015 11:30 am Reply with quote
Did anyone else find the 1st episode of Aria the Scarlet Ammo AA surprisingly more enjoyable than the original? Heck, freakin' Aria is far more tolerable as she's more a badass mentor for Akari. No chasing uzis on segways is a huge plus! Laughing

I am quite curious to see Akari grow as a character and what these hidden secrets she possesses in which these mysterious girls are alluding to near the end of the episode.
Key

PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2015 2:04 pm Reply with quote
darkchibi07 wrote:
Did anyone else find the 1st episode of Aria the Scarlet Ammo AA surprisingly more enjoyable than the original?

Haven't seen it yet, but that wouldn't surprise me. It would have to be truly awful to not be more enjoyable than the original.

As for broadcast dubs this season? Honestly, I'm not a big fan of them being done, as I think the rushed effort too often shows. That aside, I don't see anything that I would dearly like to see dubbed.
jr240483

PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2015 3:27 pm Reply with quote
walw6pK4Alo wrote:
Cannot wait for Valkyrie Drive's uncensored ATX broadcast. That show is gonna be like turbo-ecchi full of redonkulous breasts and nudity, and no Tusk to screw all of the yuri action up. The promo art is just so beyond what's tasteful; it's gonna be great, probably Kaneko's opus of titty anime.

Otherwise, GochiUsa2 should be nice, YRYR3 naturally, and the new Gundam for the sake of being a completionist with that franchise. Also the Owari no Seraph second season mainly for the stylish backgrounds.

not to mentioned that they would be a massive distraction from the mess that is AOT: Junior High.

they definitely got the rating for this series right cause its as worse if not even worst than rock lee and his ninja pals.

the committee in charge should have used the money and resources they used to make this mess to instead just make a TV series of AOT's prequel Before the Fall.

DEFINITELY A 0.5 RATING!!!!!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
RaylenCypher

PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2015 9:04 pm Reply with quote
The Fall Anime season this year is slow and peaceful during the week. Around the weekend is when most of the shows and the excitement arises, at least to me personally.
dtm42

PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2015 9:14 pm Reply with quote
^
It's usually like that. Most seasons have sedate week days and busy weekends.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 36 of 37