• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Shelf Life - Breaking Wind

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
phia_one

PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2015 6:02 pm Reply with quote
sunflower wrote:
I love Windy Tales so much, and am shocked but delighted to see it released here in the US. It was so under-noticed when it came out. Anyone who liked Eccentric Family would enjoy this I think. It's lighter on the fantasy than that series, but has that 'just around the corner you might find something very unexpected ' feel.

I was planning on watching it at some point anyway, but hearing someone say that it has a similar feel to The Eccentric Family is good to hear.
Hellsoldier

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2015 10:16 pm Reply with quote
Sahmbahdeh wrote:
Hellsoldier wrote:
I actually loved Beyond the Boundary/Kyoukai no Kanata. I find it a bit awkward it got that many negative reviews, but hey, tastes differ.

I really liked Brynhildr in the Darkness and the only complaint I have about it is the rushed pacing in the latter episodes (it should've been a bit larger), and that OVA which was a waste of 20 minutes of my life (the Elfen Lied OVA actually expanded on Lucy's background a bit). Also, on the Ultraviolence topic, I guess my ideal Ultraviolence work would have violence and horror for all, the men and women, the young and old. I take suggestions: If you know a work of this kind, please warn me

But this work, Windy Tales... I think I could like this one.

For a suggestion of an ultraviolent anime, it doesn't get much more violent than Hellsing Ultimate (except the last couple episodes of Blood C -- that makes me shudder).

Alright then. I'm gonna take both suggestions. Thank you very much for your suggestions.
Hellsoldier

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2015 10:26 pm Reply with quote
kevinx59 wrote:
Hellsoldier wrote:
I actually loved Beyond the Boundary/Kyoukai no Kanata. I find it a bit awkward it got that many negative reviews, but hey, tastes differ.

I really liked Brynhildr in the Darkness and the only complaint I have about it is the rushed pacing in the latter episodes (it should've been a bit larger), and that OVA which was a waste of 20 minutes of my life (the Elfen Lied OVA actually expanded on Lucy's background a bit). Also, on the Ultraviolence topic, I guess my ideal Ultraviolence work would have violence and horror for all, the men and women, the young and old. I take suggestions: If you know a work of this kind, please warn me
I actually had the same reactions as you. I really liked Beyond the Boundary when I saw it last year, and rewatching it right now I am loving it even more. I also loved Brynhildr, although the last 3 episodes were way too rushed. Expand them and I would have put this in one of my favorite anime of last year. I'm definitely buying both of those series. Damn, my anime shopping list is getting big. So many great releases these past months. Windy Tales...eh, it looks different but it doesn't really catch my attention.

Oh, and for ultraviolence, maybe Akame Ga Kill! Merciless but badass series that one.

I re-watched Beyond the Boundary as well. It was awesome. And of course, very well animated, as expected from KyoAni. On Brynhildr... yeah, the last episodes were a mess (and the OVA was a waste of 20 minutes of my life). It deserved better production.

In my mind, envision myself filling a room with an anime collection. Not possible, though. Sad

Anyways, about the review's insistence on the ''attack on decency'' in Elfen Lief, I'd like to remind the fact that literature classics like Clockwork Orange and Lord of the Flies and even other anime like Now and Then, Here and There show ''attacks on decency'', or, as I'd like to call them: Extreme Displays of Human Cruelty, EDoHC, for short.

PS: Thank you for the Akame ga Kill suggestion.

Another PS (for moderators): I still don't know how to use multiple quotes on one single reply. I apologize for the multiple posting.
Key

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2015 11:22 pm Reply with quote
Hellsoldier wrote:
Another PS (for moderators): I still don't know how to use multiple quotes on one single reply. I apologize for the multiple posting.

Open up all of the posts that you want to reply to in separate tabs and then copy and paste the quote parts.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3