• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Design Your Own Brave

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Nikirou

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2015 7:58 pm Reply with quote

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2015 9:37 pm Reply with quote
May I ask why the contest is limited to those countries and will your contests be avaiable to more countries in the future? :<
Tempest
I Run this place.
ANN Publisher

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2015 11:32 am Reply with quote
Hi everyone. Batch number 2 is up. I apologize for not getting it up yesterday, I had to go to the hospital...

Quote:
May I ask why the contest is limited to those countries and will your contests be available to more countries in the future? :<

This contest was sponsored by Crunchyroll to promote their simulcast of Rokka, as well as their Rokka merchandise. Crunchyroll's license for Rokka only permits them to promote the show in the territories where they are simulcasting it.

CR's licensor, as well as local licensees in those other countries could get angry at CR is they promoted Rokka in those territories. The local licensees don't want people in their territory associating Rokka with a foreign licensee (CR).

Whenever we can, we open our contests to all territories, but for a variety of reasons we only ship prizes to North America. Sometimes the sponsor is willing to ship outside of North America, and in this case CR is willing to ship to all the countries that are eligible to enter.

-t
zunderdog24

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2015 4:58 pm Reply with quote
So far "rosi almahara" looks the best and more original than most of the other submissions.

Glad I didn't go with my "saint of forest" idea, whew, dodged a bullet there. I mean I'm glad I realised that other people would think of it and changed my character so that she is the only saint of her kind.

Also, is it racist to think all the Saint of storms look the same, and somewhat reminds me of xmens "storm"?
Koda89

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2015 5:41 pm Reply with quote
zunderdog24 wrote:
So far "rosi almahara" looks the best and more original than most of the other submissions.

Glad I didn't go with my "saint of forest" idea, whew, dodged a bullet there. I mean I'm glad I realised that other people would think of it and changed my character so that she is the only saint of her kind.

Also, is it racist to think all the Saint of storms look the same, and somewhat reminds me of xmens "storm"?

I definitely think Rosi is the best of the entries with multiple abilities so far.
metroid112

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2015 10:58 pm Reply with quote
I don't remember the rules, but some people are designing male Saints as Braves, even when they're told only women can be Saints
asdfkasjldkfjlsafd

PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2015 6:36 pm Reply with quote
...Did someone else ALSO submit an entry as Sir Jonathan or was there a mix-up, because MY submission was this one
leafy sea dragon

PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2015 7:04 pm Reply with quote
Tempest wrote:
This contest was sponsored by Crunchyroll to promote their simulcast of Rokka, as well as their Rokka merchandise. Crunchyroll's license for Rokka only permits them to promote the show in the territories where they are simulcasting it.

-t

Ah, I was wondering about this contest, as it seems really sudden and fast-moving. Is it still ongoing? The rules say it ended on October 3rd, but people are still talking about sending in submissions.

zunderdog24 wrote:

Well, we've seen a lot of saints of death and poison, as well as characters with no superhuman abilities. But yeah, I'd rather see something weird and unique.
LiteKnite

PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2015 7:15 pm Reply with quote
I wish I made a character whose fighting ability is an F

edit: Like Phoenix Wright was in Marvel vs Capcom 3
zunderdog24

PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2015 8:19 pm Reply with quote
These submissions are getting better, especially most of the character designs. Still, I miss all the comments ripping into them, I hope the "constructive feedback" makes its return soon.
Tempest
I Run this place.
ANN Publisher

PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2015 10:05 pm Reply with quote
leafy sea dragon wrote:
Ah, I was wondering about this contest, as it seems really sudden and fast-moving. Is it still ongoing? The rules say it ended on October 3rd, but people are still talking about sending in submissions.

The contest is long over, we aren't accepting new submissions.
Hakajin

PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2015 12:08 am Reply with quote
I like Stella Kiri so far; gorgeous, unusual art design, and pretty interesting powers and personality.
Ring4141

PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2015 1:23 am Reply with quote
My absolute favourite character so far is Charles Beckman. Like, damn son that description is so fine. It's so nice and unique and unlike the other characters and it makes sense that they're a chosen Brave.

Most of these entries, although interesting, are a bit too similar. Especially with the 'dark' kind of characters who all have really similar personalities.

In addition, although some of the characters are really cool / talented and would probably fit into the Rokka universe pretty well, I think quite a few of them wouldn't actually be chosen as Braves. Because it's the goddess of Fate that chooses the Braves, right? So wouldn't she choose a strong person who wasn't all 'consumed by darkness and lusts for bloodshed' or 'insane and lives only for REVENGE'.

I really admire the characters which have obviously had a lot of thought put into it. Like, how they managed to become a brave or their motivations and goals. It makes so much sense when someone clears up how they managed to become a Brave. Like, were they proven to be a person good-of-heart or the best archer around, I dunno.

It's really fun seeing so many entries > 3 < Sorry if I sounded a bit mean haha I just wanted to nitpick at a few flaws that seemed really evident to me >////<
Stubbenz

PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2015 7:25 pm Reply with quote
There were some seriously high-quality entries today, both in terms of art and character
Darkmagick
Subscriber

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2015 9:08 am Reply with quote
I'm really glad the Saint of Division one got recognition. That one was my absolute favorite from all three days. The design was super original, and I thought it was also quite cool. Great job!
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 2 of 5