• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: One Week Friends Manga Gets Live-Action Film

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tempest_Wing

PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2015 1:15 am Reply with quote
Anybody know a time where a North American company has licensed a live action adaption of a manga/anime? Besides Boogiepop Phantom.
phoenixalia

PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2015 1:29 am Reply with quote
I'm still hoping for an OVA which adapts the last chapter or something... Crying or Very sad
Camiru Mylle

PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2015 4:04 am Reply with quote
Really, every other manga is getting a live action.....bleeeh.
rizuchan

PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2015 6:20 am Reply with quote
I don't know why they're bothering with this. Adam Sandler and Drew Barrymore made this movie 10 years ago. Laughing

Tempest_Wing wrote:
Anybody know a time where a North American company has licensed a live action adaption of a manga/anime? Besides Boogiepop Phantom.

What? Live action movies based an anime/manga get licensed in NA all the time. Detroit Metal City, Death Note, Nana, The Girl Who Leapt Through Time - just to name a handful off the top of my head.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
zensunni

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2015 9:08 am Reply with quote
rizuchan wrote:
I don't know why they're bothering with this. Adam Sandler and Drew Barrymore made this movie 10 years ago. Laughing

Tempest_Wing wrote:

What? Live action movies based an anime/manga get licensed in NA all the time. Detroit Metal City, Death Note, Nana, The Girl Who Leapt Through Time - just to name a handful off the top of my head.

All You Need is Kill got a big-time American live action film (Edge of Tomorrow - and it was pretty darned good too.) I hadn't heard that The Girl Who Leapt Through Time had been optioned. Do you know if it is the original novel, or the anime version? (The anime is technically a sequel to the novel. The main character in the anime's aunt is the main character in the novel, from what I have read. The novel is a true Japanese SF classic, not manga or light novel in origin, but a full length novel.)
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1