• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
The List - 6 Ridiculous School Uniform Designs

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Doublas_Mk-II

PostPosted: Sat Oct 24, 2015 11:40 am Reply with quote
Why would people not trust Black Jack? He saves lives from impossible illnesses.
mangamuscle

PostPosted: Sat Oct 24, 2015 11:53 am Reply with quote
Jedi Master wrote:
Quote:
Katsuragi from Senran Kagura

Objection! That one actually belongs on the list of Ridiculous Ninja Outfit Designs. In non-ninja mode the boots are gone and the front is closed, making for a fairly mundane school uniform.

I agree that outfit belongs in another list of post-transformation quasi-magical girls (i.e. Kill la Kill). But IMO she looks badass, she would be perfect if she had abs to show, but even as it is her outfit exudes confidence, it is saying "I am going to kick your ass" literally Anime hyper

Last edited by mangamuscle on Sat Oct 24, 2015 12:06 pm; edited 1 time in total
WingKing

PostPosted: Sat Oct 24, 2015 12:00 pm Reply with quote
The hideous uniforms in Anti-Magic Academy featuring characters wearing belts around their ribcages was one of the reasons I dropped that show as quickly as I did (albeit just one of several reasons).

Also, Maid-Sama. I don't know who thought lime green blazers and plaid pants would make an attractive uniform for guys, but it looks like something straight out of the 1970s, and not in a good way.

Last edited by WingKing on Sat Oct 24, 2015 12:35 pm; edited 1 time in total
varmintx

PostPosted: Sat Oct 24, 2015 12:02 pm Reply with quote
Another The List where I haven't watched anything on the list. Sad

And, Jessica is going to win in a landslide, right?
yuna49

PostPosted: Sat Oct 24, 2015 12:10 pm Reply with quote
mangamuscle wrote:
I agree that outfit belongs in another list of post-transformation quasi-magical girls (i.e. Kill la Kill).

Frankly I was surprised that Kill la Kill wasn't at or near the top of the list. Some of the other Goku uniforms are pretty "ridiculous" as well. And even in its untransformed state, Senketsu still qualifies: http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-z9tnGeVWG3s/UzrjN2fW2ZI/AAAAAAAAKpA/f3rK9wZcKTk/s1600/Kill+la+Kill+Ryuko+Matoi.png.

(I believe Senketsu is a more sexualized version of the uniform Saki wears in the live-action series Sukeban Deka. The first ED of Kill la Kill is an homage to the ED in Sukeban Deka.)
Hameyadea

PostPosted: Sat Oct 24, 2015 12:17 pm Reply with quote
By comparison, Taimadō Gakuen 35 Shiken Shōtai's "chest belt" look more conservative, but here you go

Also, less for its design but more due to its concept -- Hidan no Aria's bullet-proof school uniform can be quite out there at times.
relyat08

PostPosted: Sat Oct 24, 2015 12:29 pm Reply with quote
I'm glad I'm not the only one who was really turned off by the Yuru Yuri uniforms. I almost didn't even watch the show because they are so ugly, to be honest.

Oddly enough, I was initially not a fan of the Mahouka uniforms either, although they are some of my favorites now.
mangamuscle

PostPosted: Sat Oct 24, 2015 12:35 pm Reply with quote
yuna49 wrote:
Frankly I was surprised that Kill la Kill wasn't at or near the top of the list. Some of the other Goku uniforms are pretty "ridiculous" as well. And even in its untransformed state, Senketsu still qualifies:

The reason is simple, it is obvious the list was about standard (as in everybody should/may wear them) school uniform, the senran kagura blunder no doubt clear evidence that whoever compiled the list did not saw said series, but had a pet peeve with a depiction of an alpha female Anime hyper
invalidname
Contributor

PostPosted: Sat Oct 24, 2015 12:39 pm Reply with quote
The petticoats under the miniskirts in Dance With Devils do look cute, but surely they're completely impractical in real life. Have we seen the main character sit down at any point in this series? Can she?

I'd also like to propose a category for climate inappropriateness. Kanon is set in winter, yet the girls' uniforms have these tiny little skirts that expose a lot of leg to the cold. Meanwhile, Air is in the witheringly hot summer, yet the girls there wear heavy black dresses over multiple layers. Both of these are from Key / Visual Arts VNs. Does Jun Maeda just not get outside much?
Vee-Tee

PostPosted: Sat Oct 24, 2015 12:49 pm Reply with quote
The uniforms in Kamikaze Kaitou Jeanne are absolutely hideous. Why.

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/originals/74/a5/5d/74a55dcc51f74d5ad6e33d589457b133.jpg
Kurohei

PostPosted: Sat Oct 24, 2015 1:01 pm Reply with quote
Need a doctor who you'd never trust to do a surgery?

Touma

PostPosted: Sat Oct 24, 2015 1:12 pm Reply with quote
^
Because Futurama is not anime.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Gina Szanboti

PostPosted: Sat Oct 24, 2015 1:22 pm Reply with quote
Z-Raid wrote:
What? Dr. Asaki Fueguchi from Tokyo Ghoul is on the list of untrusted doctors? Why? That's Hinami's dad, and from what I remember seeing in the anime/manga, he was a pretty swell guy and a decent doctor.

Now, the other doctor from the Tokyo Ghoul series would be more suitable for this list.

Either people thought he was the other doctor, or they misread the question like the people who voted for Dr. Tenma, Chopper, or Black Jack (unless they were all trolling).

I hate Persona 4's uniforms. The boys' uniforms look like someone forgot to remove the tailor's chalk marks. I also hate any uniforms with plaid pants. Skirts I can tolerate, although if I'd been forced to wear plaid skirts in school, I'd have asked to be home-schooled.
Blue21

PostPosted: Sat Oct 24, 2015 1:27 pm Reply with quote
varmintx wrote:
Another The List where I haven't watched anything on the list. Sad

Don't be too sad. This week's only entry that's not garbage is Stellvia.
Kurohei

PostPosted: Sat Oct 24, 2015 1:27 pm Reply with quote
Touma wrote:
^
Because Futurama is not anime.

Really... What gave it away? It was called a joke
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 2 of 5