• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
The List - 6 Ridiculous School Uniform Designs

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mikeski

PostPosted: Sat Oct 24, 2015 1:50 pm Reply with quote
Yuri Fan wrote:
Was gonna say this, but I was too slow. And the no underwear thing... [Katsuragi]'s not going commando. She wears panties, and has a strange "bra-thingy"... at least in the game.

A quantum bra. She's not wearing while she has a shirt on. As soon as she loses the shirt, she's wearing it. Perhaps it's ninja magic.

Quote:
I have no problem with Yuru Yuri uniforms...

Ugh, I thought they belonged at number 1. Its like they're wearing ugly maroon curtains, with a poorly-fitting shirt over them. (Not even really a "shirt"... a baptismal garment for the church of kinks?)
Yuri Fan

PostPosted: Sat Oct 24, 2015 2:38 pm Reply with quote
Mikeski wrote:

A quantum bra. She's not wearing while she has a shirt on. As soon as she loses the shirt, she's wearing it. Perhaps it's ninja magic.

Eh, no. In one game it's a patchy-thingy. I don't know how, nor care, to describe it better. In another she's wearing band-aids (if I remember correctly).

More like Schrödinger's bra. She's wearing one and not wearing one, until we remove her shirt, and then it is one or the other.

Yeah, I know it's an old joke. Bite me.

But not really. Cause it would hurt.
ranashadow

PostPosted: Sat Oct 24, 2015 2:51 pm Reply with quote
lol Yeah I remember reading the Nisekoi manga and thinking now and then just what the hell are the girls wearing for school. I watch a lot of animes that involve schools so I always pay attention to their uniforms and also like how some characters customize them and wear them in a different style that reflects their personality like theres the innocent one that will always wear it within school guidlines or the rebellious one that will flaunt the rules. I've never been keen on the sailor style as it just looks too light and sometimes shows too much skin.

I've always liked the smart style or similar to the ones we have in UK. I also like similar styles to 11eyes. To name a few I've always liked:

Love Chunnyibyou:
I like the blazers with the white trims, skirts with the white thrills and the different coloured bows that represent which year they are in. (also made my girl friend cosplay in it) Wink

Love-Live:
Same reasons as the above like how business style it looks (also made my friend cosplay in it) Wink

Date A Live:
Love how the female characters look in their uniforms.

Valkyria Chronicles II:
Got the game and grew to like their uniforms though not quite a huge fan on blue and red mixed together
Takkun4343

PostPosted: Sat Oct 24, 2015 3:14 pm Reply with quote
Touma wrote:
^
Because Futurama is not anime.

MajinAkuma

PostPosted: Sat Oct 24, 2015 3:15 pm Reply with quote
Snakebit1995 wrote:
as the Producer would say

A true heterosexual man appreciates fanservice. He wants tits and more. The picture of a sexualized woman makes him happy. It has nothing to do with real life anyway. It's just another form of consumption.
Beltane70

PostPosted: Sat Oct 24, 2015 4:14 pm Reply with quote
To me, it just seems a bit petty to not watch a series just because the uniform designs aren't to one's taste. I can't think of a single anime that I've watched where the characters' clothing has turned me off from it.
ParaChomp

PostPosted: Sat Oct 24, 2015 4:49 pm Reply with quote
Eiken's school uniforms, the colours of them are so bright and come in a variety of colours too.
Key

PostPosted: Sat Oct 24, 2015 5:08 pm Reply with quote
Oh, there are so many worthy targets here, but I am happy to see that Nisekoi made the cut because that has also been a pet peeve of mine ever since I first saw the first episode. And while I wouldn't have thought to include Stellvia, I must agree that its placing is appropriate; as boys' uniforms go, that's one of the single worst examples I've ever seen in anime.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
jppcouto

PostPosted: Sat Oct 24, 2015 5:43 pm Reply with quote
Tucker was the obviously winner even before the results.[/img]
Chrno2

PostPosted: Sat Oct 24, 2015 7:01 pm Reply with quote
Well, there are some pretty bad clothes designs from the deliberate to just bad combination taste. Does anyone remember the designer from Witchblade. Remember Maria's squad of awkwardly adolescent psychos. If anyone remembers their clothes style. Especially Asagi. Nothing but a pair of "pube huggers". Laughing
ANN_Lynzee
ANN Executive Editor

PostPosted: Sat Oct 24, 2015 7:30 pm Reply with quote
mangamuscle wrote:
but had a pet peeve with a depiction of an alpha female Anime hyper

No. That's like the anti-thesis of my fictional character tastes.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
leafy sea dragon

PostPosted: Sat Oct 24, 2015 8:15 pm Reply with quote
Darn, no Trafalgar Law from One Piece? His bounty is equal to Monkey D. Luffy's. His epithet is "Surgeon of Death." Does that sound like a doctor you'd trust?

Also, there's Nikumi from Food Wars! Shokugeki no Soma, as far as weird school outfits go. She rarely buttons up her shirt and always has some sort of bikini top underneath it (usually with a United States flag design), even when she's cooking. It really stands out as no one else in the series dresses nearly that provocatively.

Animegomaniac wrote:
Nice that a doctor from Franken Fran made the list of most questionable doctors yet how exactly it wasn't Fran herself remains a mystery. There's elective surgery and then there's selective surgery and then there's "be careful what you wish for" surgery...

My guess is that Fran is a good person at heart and performs operations based on what she believes is best for the patient. A number of the doctors on that list are selfish, cruel, or did at least one horribly negligent deed with repercussions, and Fran is neither.

WingKing wrote:
Also, Maid-Sama. I don't know who thought lime green blazers and plaid pants would make an attractive uniform for guys, but it looks like something straight out of the 1970s, and not in a good way.

Oh geez, I can't stop looking at those guys' legs! And not in a good way!

Gina Szanboti wrote:
Either people thought he was the other doctor, or they misread the question like the people who voted for Dr. Tenma, Chopper, or Black Jack (unless they were all trolling).

Well, Chopper did kill his mentor by accident. Maybe some people haven't forgiven him for that.
jymmy

PostPosted: Sat Oct 24, 2015 8:41 pm Reply with quote
I'd be the first to agree that the YuruYuri uniforms are weird, but I find them oddly charming.

Speaking of Kill la Kill, a little-known fact is that Senketsu's casual design was borrowed from a 2007 OVA.

Polycell

PostPosted: Sat Oct 24, 2015 8:45 pm Reply with quote
Beltane70 wrote:
To me, it just seems a bit petty to not watch a series just because the uniform designs aren't to one's taste. I can't think of a single anime that I've watched where the characters' clothing has turned me off from it.
I personally can't say I've ever paid too much heed to a show's uniform's(it took me some time to think about how the hell Yuru Yuri's went together, for instance), unless they happen to be especially striking(like Mahouka's girls' uniforms, thanks to that clear overdress).
rinkwolf10

PostPosted: Sat Oct 24, 2015 11:50 pm Reply with quote
One Uniform design I found odd was School Rumble, the 4 way split of the shirt to partly cover the skirt is ..... unique.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 3 of 5