• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
AIM problems

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Bugs & Technical Questions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
frostedsaiyan

PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2003 4:51 pm Reply with quote
Whenever you click on the aim icon of another user th internet shuts down. Could someone tell me if its just my comp. or fix it please. thanks
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
trigunner

PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2003 5:04 pm Reply with quote
Hey, It just happened to me. What's the deal, or is it just you and me frostedsaiyan. {by the way exactly what happened to you}
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
Cassandra

PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2003 8:00 pm Reply with quote
frostedsaiyan wrote:
Whenever you click on the aim icon of another user th internet shuts down. Could someone tell me if its just my comp. or fix it please. thanks

Wow. The whole internet shuts down?? That's pretty powerful!!

Anyway, I clicked on yours and nothing got shut down for me. So I'm guessing that it's just you.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger My Anime My Manga
cookie
Former ANN Editor in Chief

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2003 12:24 am Reply with quote
frostedsaiyan wrote:

Are you the one shutting down the internet? if so, please stop; it's making my connection equally unstable. ;)

This is, possibly, a virus.

I suggest grabbing some anti-virus software (http://www.symantec.com/downloads/ -- click on trialware and look for antivirus) and scanning your machine.

if that doesn't solve it, i suggest upgrading to the latest version of aim.

if that doesn't solve it, i suggest ditching aim and going to an alternative AIM client, like trillian or some such.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
trigunner

PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2003 6:39 pm Reply with quote
well, I just tried again and it works Surprised . I forgot to switch my firewall off.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Bugs & Technical Questions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1