• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Latest Magical Girl Anime, Manga Based on Pachinko Game

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Richard J.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2007 4:06 pm Reply with quote
If only Magical Girl anime were as popular here as this would indicate it is in Japan. Sad

Anything with Mamiko Noto is good. Her voice should be recorded and preserved in a musuem or something as a Japanese national treasure.
Splitter

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2007 4:50 pm Reply with quote
Yukarin and Mamirin? Sold. This cannot fail.
dormcat
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2007 4:50 pm Reply with quote
Links to Kaitō Saint Tail and Kamikaze Kaitō Jeanne are reversed.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
Terrestrial_Cel

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2007 4:57 pm Reply with quote
Any links about the game or character artwork?
kirbyboy102

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2007 6:29 pm Reply with quote
Awesome. Magical girls and slot machines!
fighterholic

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2007 10:20 pm Reply with quote
So is this going to be like Moetan then?
dokool

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2007 11:53 pm Reply with quote
Pachisuro combines pachinko (a Japanese vertical pinball game) with a slot machine.

Actually, not quite. Pachinko is the vertical pinball and already has the elements of the video slot machine (the spinning dials on the screen), but to start the spin you have to get the BBs into the right hole. Pachislo is just a video slot machine w/ the lever, buttons, and all.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
fighterholic

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2007 11:35 am Reply with quote
dokool wrote:
Pachisuro combines pachinko (a Japanese vertical pinball game) with a slot machine.

Actually, not quite. Pachinko is the vertical pinball and already has the elements of the video slot machine (the spinning dials on the screen), but to start the spin you have to get the BBs into the right hole. Pachislo is just a video slot machine w/ the lever, buttons, and all.

And for the most part, a pretty simple yet complex game, seeing as how there are all these features within a machine but the way to access them is to play and hope you have skills enough with pachinko.
mistress_reebi

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2007 12:47 pm Reply with quote
Richard J. wrote:
If only Magical Girl anime were as popular here as this would indicate it is in Japan. Sad

I agree, I love magical girl anime (Sailor moon introduced me to anime) and I'm sad that when they cross the pond (if they do) they normal become Americanised for TV. Now, companies like 4kids are getting the picture, but there hasn't been a big magical girl franchise since Card Captor Sakura. Damn shows like Naruto, Inuyasha and Bleach clogging up the airways in North America!!!

dokool wrote:

Awesome, slot machine pin-ball! I so can't wait for this anime!!!!!
dokool

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2007 8:54 am Reply with quote
fighterholic wrote:
And for the most part, a pretty simple yet complex game, seeing as how there are all these features within a machine but the way to access them is to play and hope you have skills enough with pachinko.

There's more skill involved in pachislo than pachinko. Pachislo entails having really good timing so as to get those triple-7s or whatever. Pachinko entails having a good feel for what machine is going to give you a jackpot that's worth your money, and having enough patience to sit there and wait for it to happen.

That said, pachinko is fun as hell when you win. I've made a tidy fortune on the Evangelion machines...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1