• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Macross Delta TV Anime Unveils Teaser, Staff, Characters, Valkyries

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Stark700

PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2015 12:01 am Reply with quote
Definitely looking forward to this one.

I'm hoping the new series will have a strong music style and action. Also wonder if some of the characters from the original series will make a cameo~
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
leonard.lim.944023

PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2015 12:14 am Reply with quote
Better be not be 7 all over again.
AnimeLordLuis

PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2015 12:27 am Reply with quote
Looks promising hopefully they unveil the main story soon I will definitely be checking this show out when it airs. Highway to the Danger zone! Cool
FenixFiesta

PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2015 12:34 am Reply with quote
Even if it is good, for my personal entertainment experience it is going to have an uphill battle to impress when compared to my love of Frontier.

So I am hoping for a new modern revolution of Macross and not just another space idol series.
dark13

PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2015 12:37 am Reply with quote
whats going on lately with Aquarion and Macross ? with the Bishi looking clean hair protagonists ? this why I drop Aquarion logos if the MC looks lame then I'm not watching
megido

PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2015 12:41 am Reply with quote
fan from hell here...

isnt the VF-17D nightmare a delta wing VF? and lets not forget the VF-19F

OP: as long as we dont get the... something that was the ending of frontier (in both the original and the second movie..) and we actually get a conclusion, I will be more than happy.
manapear

PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2015 1:26 am Reply with quote
The more I look at the image with the idols, the more I realize that artist did not know what the hell they were doing.

I kind of want to watch the trailer, but I have just been so put off basically everything (original) by Satelight since. . . Macross F. And really, F was all over the place. I'm interested because it's Macross, but I'm also ready to be disappointed because it's Macross and Satelight. :/
one.night.bkk

PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2015 1:35 am Reply with quote
I sense a dislike of Macross 7. Clearly there's no love for the POWER OF ROCK around here.

...The VF-31 means we're finally going to get the forward-swept action we've been missing since the YF/VF-19 disappeared.
DangerMouse

PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2015 2:35 am Reply with quote
Looking forward to checking it out and the fighter action.

Hopefully we get some screenshots and reviews from that Macross Frontier style premiere during the preview special, or they put it up online.
jr240483

PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2015 3:11 am Reply with quote
leonard.lim.944023 wrote:
Better be not be 7 all over again.

Highly doubt that.

my guess it will be something similar to macross frontier considering how popular it was. too bad the US audience will be getting a big fat middle finger in the face just like with frontier.

WHY??? cause of those crappy ass bastards from Harmony Gold who in the eyes of macross fans are their versions of the horror that is 4kids.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
penguintruth

PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2015 3:25 am Reply with quote
The visuals look awful, I hate to say. The generic anime character designs, the horrendous CG, and this dread that it'll be a worse Frontier, which while it wasn't bad, wasn't memorable.

They really need to get Shinichiro Watanabe to return to the franchise.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
ZODDGUTS

PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2015 3:58 am Reply with quote
Not a have of the cgi or those generic looking designs, already forgotten how the characters look.

Last edited by ZODDGUTS on Thu Oct 29, 2015 5:46 am; edited 1 time in total
H. Guderian

PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2015 4:42 am Reply with quote
manapear wrote:
The more I look at the image with the idols, the more I realize that artist did not know what the hell they were doing.

I kind of want to watch the trailer, but I have just been so put off basically everything (original) by Satelight since. . . Macross F. And really, F was all over the place. I'm interested because it's Macross, but I'm also ready to be disappointed because it's Macross and Satelight. :/

If you disliked Frontier, retry the Frontier movies. Its not just a copy-paste of the series, but a retelling with a lot of junk cut out. In fact things go in a different direction, as in who lives and dies. I was not entirely happy with Frontier as a series, but Isamu cameos for a second in the Frontier movies. The character name is in the voice credits.

As to Delta, I'm hyped. Idols In Space seems to be a thing Satelite does well. However I'm not looking forward to the combat. The franchise ameks the mechs too fast/streamlined to be any interest to watch. They're gonna fly around and transform faster than I can comprehend and then fire off a bunch of weapons, an obligatory Itano Circus, and then end just as fast.
DragonSpikeXIII

PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2015 5:27 am Reply with quote
Love Macross but there's nothing that 'wows' me visually, not the key art or anything in the teaser (and I doubt the quality of the writing is high on their priority list). Hope the music is though, it's Macross after all.

For all its faults, Frontier became one of those must-watch anime, for action, visuals and music, ever since the first really short teaser images and videos back in 2007.
residentgrigo

PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2015 5:39 am Reply with quote
This looks like a mess. Don´t judge a book by the cover and i will watch the first ep but the exceptionaly generic... everything is a red flag.
The teen idol lineup and the bishis suggests that the franchise decided to finaly turn into an add for toys and idols only and the CGI looks inferior to the "good" Frontier at first glance too. Macross 7 was abysmal but it had one of the best anime soundtracks ever so i may at least get that if the show sucks.

I can only suggest any new fan to watch Macross Plus as i consider it to be the best (short form) OVA of all time. It´s by Mr.Bebop and i frankly prefer it to his magnum opus.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3